A Quite Place

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Went over the weekend to watch this... by myself on Friday night (waiting on my girls to get finished with practice) and then last night with both of them.

Hands down, the best horror/thriller I've seen in 40 years. The theater didn't make a sound for the entire film (and it was 1/3 packed full of teenagers) John Krazinski just created an epic movie that may be one of the best I have ever seen in any genre. Go watch it, ASAP.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Went over the weekend to watch this... by myself on Friday night (waiting on my girls to get finished with practice) and then last night with both of them.

Hands down, the best horror/thriller I've seen in 40 years. The theater didn't make a sound for the entire film (and it was 1/3 packed full of teenagers) John Krazinski just created an epic movie that may be one of the best I have ever seen in any genre. Go watch it, ASAP.
Wife and 1 boy watched it Saturday and I and 2 others watched it Sunday. Awesome. Full theatre except like 2 or 3 seats. And quiet as a mouse.
As for the movie, on its own it was great, but I did have issues with the plot. An animal that hunts by sound and nobody thought about ramping up some frequencies would throw it off or even damage it? Girl had cochlear before 'invasion', but on day 89 it didn't work? Why? Maybe backstory would have helped, but I can't figure that one out. I'm sure there was more but it's late/early.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Wife and 1 boy watched it Saturday and I and 2 others watched it Sunday. Awesome. Full theatre except like 2 or 3 seats. And quiet as a mouse.
As for the movie, on its own it was great, but I did have issues with the plot. An animal that hunts by sound and nobody thought about ramping up some frequencies would throw it off or even damage it? Girl had cochlear before 'invasion', but on day 89 it didn't work? Why? Maybe backstory would have helped, but I can't figure that one out. I'm sure there was more but it's late/early.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
I too watched it twice over the weekend... it was as good the 2nd time... but yea, there were holes, which I have had to learn, all movies will have plot holes, unfortunately. You would think that the US Military, DARPA, etc., would have tested sonic waves considering we already have these mounted on HUMVEE's for crowd control. "Vehicle-Mounted Active Denial System" that was developed, a while back, was featured on an episode of "Future Weapons" (the old Military Channel). You'd think that would do it.