A lot of negativity on this board for a team that's in first place of the Big 12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The only thing I remember is Having went up against him four times, losing twice, and nearly losing the “ill play any sucker in this country” game. He was a real thorn in the side of OU. So I think they should have tried harder to keep him.
He left OSU for LSU, & won a national title 2 years later.
Yes, I too have a memory.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Wasn't the Houston Bowl and Alamo ? I don't think Less took us to the Cotton Bowl.
wasnt There a random one called the Reliant Bowl that was played in Houston. I remember one of my kids teachers who tried to argue that the Reliant Bowl was better than whichever big 5 bowl OU was playing. I wanted to crawl under the truck.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I agree. Gundy should have a minimum of 2 more wins against OU. I do think his approach to all games are the same has much to do with it. On the other hand the Sooners hate us and absolutely cannot wait to slap the snot out of little brother.
I have to respectfully disagree. My wife’s family is riddled with OU alums and, instead of hatred, they think of us as more of an annoyance.

We are not really their “rival” and the record proves it.
Their rival has always been Texas and in the Big 8 days it was Nebrasks. Frankly, the nasty stuff and name calling (Squats, Gooners, etc) mainly comes from our side.

We can’t recruit like they do and are not 3 or 4 deep at every position. Saw their highlights from last week. They played 3 QBs and threw to 10; receivers and ran 5 different backs. I wish that was different but that’s reality. Regardless of the Bedlam outcome, I have enjoyed the season. Flame away.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I agree. Gundy should have a minimum of 2 more wins against OU. I do think his approach to all games are the same has much to do with it. On the other hand the Sooners hate us and absolutely cannot wait to slap the snot out of little brother.
I have to respectfully disagree. My wife’s family is riddled with OU alums and, instead of hatred, they think of us as more of an annoyance.

Their rival has always been Texas and in the Big 8 days it was Nebrasks. Frankly, the nasty stuff and name calling (Squats, Gooners, etc) mainly comes from our side.

We can’t recruit like they do and are not 3 or 4 deep at every position. Saw their highlights from last week. They played 3 QBs and threw to 10; receivers and ran 5 different backs. I wish that was different but that’s reality. Regardless of the Bedlam outcome, I have enjoyed the season. Flame away.
Our rivalry with OU is about the same as Mississippi State and Alabama. That sits at 83-18-3...obviously in favor of Bama. They are separated by about 90 miles and people outside of Starkville probably don’t think it’s a rivalry.

I do love how the Sooner fans come on here bitching about how they shouldn’t have lost that one game to us that one time...try walking a mile in an OSU fans shoes. We give one away like that every couple of years. 2011-ISU, 2017-Central Mich, 2020-TX. Probably a couple more that could be sprinkled in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Yep Al-Cowboy. Try walking in our shoes. The day after the OU 12-7 loss in 2000 I was at Home Depot in Tulsa with my colors on and an OU fan rushed me to congratulate OSU on a fantastic game. He said "do you know what it is like to be down?". This asshat was serious. They just don't get it.

Apr 7, 2006

I disagree. I'd have agreed with you 15 years ago, but not today. The Red River game has all the history and attention, but Bedlam has been a good rivalry in recent years. Don't buy into the "lopsided" rhetoric that OU fans and media try. It's been dominated by OU, sure, but that hasn't taken anything away from it recently. They've played their best game of the year several of the last 10 times and that isn't by accident. Most of the games in recent years were with something on the line for both teams.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Through the Bedlam lens he was one of our best. Overall not so much. I heard he did a poor job of kissing Boone's ***. Pre big fat Boone checks it was hard to compete, with LSU in the coaching market.
With Miles, we had many tugs playing for us.
We were not focusing on team values and culture to ensure for the long term health of the team.

Gundy was the best decision for us then and now.

All we need on the team is some swagger OC that Gundy would be willing to let handle the Offensive philosophy of the team. Else we have Gundy ball 101 plain with no tweaking.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

We have 5 receivers deep but our QB can only see 2.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Our rivalry with OU is about the same as Mississippi State and Alabama. That sits at 83-18-3...obviously in favor of Bama. They are separated by about 90 miles and people outside of Starkville probably don’t think it’s a rivalry.

I do love how the Sooner fans come on here bitching about how they shouldn’t have lost that one game to us that one time...try walking a mile in an OSU fans shoes. We give one away like that every couple of years. 2011-ISU, 2017-Central Mich, 2020-TX. Probably a couple more that could be sprinkled in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really wish that the team don't take it as a rivalry just like the fans do.