A lot of negativity on this board for a team that's in first place of the Big 12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The reason we lose to OU 9/10 times is because they are simply the better team. It is not rocket science. They have better athletes, better offensive lines and for the most part better coaches. They are the 5 time defending Big 12 champs for a reason.

We are the best team in the conference after OU in Gundy's tenure. We should have the best results against them. We don't.

Sep 12, 2008
We are the best team in the conference after OU in Gundy's tenure. We should have the best results against them. We don't.
I agree. Gundy should have a minimum of 2 more wins against OU. I do think his approach to all games are the same has much to do with it. On the other hand the Sooners hate us and absolutely cannot wait to slap the snot out of little brother.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Let's not forget that one of those Ws came against OU's 3rd string qb and a really horrible call by Stoops on the repunt. But then again, there have been a lot of close calls just as well.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Let's not forget that one of those Ws came against OU's 3rd string qb and a really horrible call by Stoops on the repunt. But then again, there have been a lot of close calls just as well.
That game could go both ways all day long.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
Texas has athletes. We just could not prepare on which of the athletes will show up. They are that unorganized and unpredictable.The FB turned QB is a gamer and hard nosed and that we knew of, but the one man havoc on D and the kick returner was unprepared for.
The Texas DLine dominated the line of scrimmage and made us one dimensional on offense. As you mentioned, Ossai had an incredible game and no one on our side could block him. Our OLine has to improve during this off week, or it will be a similar situation in Norman - where our offense is made one dimensional.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Always an excuse.
Indeed. The point being here was that they were not the better team that year, they just got a couple of breaks. If Gundy had what it took he would be more successful against Ou. At this point, 2011 was just an aberration.

Gundy , he’s a very good coach, and unfortunately he is probably the best they cab do. Which is why they keep him.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Indeed. The point being here was that they were not the better team that year, they just got a couple of breaks. If Gundy had what it took he would be more successful against Ou. At this point, 2011 was just an aberration.

Gundy , he’s a very good coach, and unfortunately he is probably the best they cab do. Which is why they keep him.
Can you think of a coach at a non-blueblood program who'd be fired for Gundy's results?

As much as the dude frustrates me at times, I'm still glad we haven't gone the A&M or Tennessee route & just assumed that if we threw enough money at the next guy, he's somehow do better.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Can you think of a coach at a non-blueblood program who'd be fired for Gundy's results?

As much as the dude frustrates me at times, I'm still glad we haven't gone the A&M or Tennessee route & just assumed that if we threw enough money at the next guy, he's somehow do better.
Smartest thing Osu did over the last 15 years was to not let gundy go. But in my opinion they should have not let miles go, because he really had them on a nice trajectory when he left. He was a thorn in Oklahoma’s side every year just about. I suspect they could’ve easily been on the same carousel that the Aggies & Tennessees of the world are stuck in.

Only thing is that he seems to have reached his ceiling. Which isn’t really a bad thing, unless or until the boosters, administration, alumni, fans etc demand more. So thankfully for you guys, they are more laid-back than in places like Aggie

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Smartest thing Osu did over the last 15 years was to not let gundy go. But in my opinion they should have not let miles go, because he really had them on a nice trajectory when he left. He was a thorn in Oklahoma’s side every year just about. I suspect they could’ve easily been on the same carousel that the Aggies & Tennessees of the world are stuck in.

Only thing is that he seems to have reached his ceiling. Which isn’t really a bad thing, unless or until the boosters, administration, alumni, fans etc demand more. So thankfully for you guys, they are more laid-back than in places like Aggie
Dude, 'let Miles go'???? Are you not remembering what happened there?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Dude, 'let Miles go'???? Are you not remembering what happened there?
The only thing I remember is Having went up against him four times, losing twice, and nearly losing the “ill play any sucker in this country” game. He was a real thorn in the side of OU. So I think they should have tried harder to keep him.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The only thing I remember is Having went up against him four times, losing twice, and nearly losing the “ill play any sucker in this country” game. He was a real thorn in the side of OU. So I think they should have tried harder to keep him.
Through the Bedlam lens he was one of our best. Overall not so much. I heard he did a poor job of kissing Boone's ***. Pre big fat Boone checks it was hard to compete, with LSU in the coaching market.