A lot of negativity on this board for a team that's in first place of the Big 12

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
And #14 Nationally.

There seems to be a weird mood. Our team is good, not elite. But Cheer up, we have a chance to punch the school in Norman in the mouth on national TV.

Put on your Big Boy pants up and cheer up fellas.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
And #14 Nationally.

There seems to be a weird mood. Our team is good, not elite. But Cheer up, we have a chance to punch the school in Norman in the mouth on national TV.

Agreed. We just need to get healthy. We’re not the only ones down on our team though. During the UT/WV game they put up a graphic showing OU and UT had the best chances to win the conference. We were a distant 3rd. ISU was 4th.
1604960579108.gif

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
And #14 Nationally.

Agreed! I used to come here as an escape... If I wanted to hear constant nagging I would go hangout with my wife ;)

OP is no different than any other social media... Being able to spew negativity to an audience while maintaining anonymity I guess is the cool thing to do these days.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Why the gloomy mood?

From a practical reality standpoint, our only chance at the B12 title requires a win in Norman.

On the field OU is improving weekly at every aspect of the game.

We, on the other hand, are at best holding steady on defense, sputtering around on offense.

Then, since our fortunes are tied directly to the outcome in Norman, it’s not surprising the mood is gloomy given the intuitive feel for the probable outcome of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Lol, it’s because we lost a game we should’ve won (UT) and won a game we should’ve lost (KSU). Can’t necessarily blame them. Although, good teams do find ways to win...that’s not gonna work against the Goons.

As much as we hate them, we recognize that they play their best when going against OSU. The Goons could be 1-10 for the season but you better bet that the 1 win was against OSU.

This lopsided rivalry has transcended even outside the state. Many people such as Herbstreit and the other guys believe “on paper” OSU should win the Big 12 or the very least make it the CCG. They just know that we’re not beating them. And that’s the mentality and negat—the little brother mentality that’s going on right now.

I say F the naysayers. Yes, we only have 18 wins against the Goons. Yes, we only won 4 times in the century. Yes, Matt Cambell (ISU head coach year 4) has the same amount of Wins against the Goons as Gundy (15 year, 2 wins).

BUT, they say “every dog has it day” and I believe that we have the team, yes, the trio: Chubba, Wallace, and SANDERS to beat this team.

This is our year and we are not going to let the goons spoil it for us. We as fans need to have more faith in Gundy and Co. We are 1st place in NOVEMBER in Big 12 and we are ranked nationally. This is our time...We control our own destiny.

Thank you, OP. Your post is a much needed positivity for a gloomy fan base that’s sitting on top of the standings.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
And #14 Nationally.

I don't think everyone is as negative as they are concerned. We understand there are some issues that were beyond anyone's control for the most part, the offensive line.

The issue in the last two games they haven't played as well as we expected. If we don't lose to Texas we might well be in the top 4 nationally today.

We lost to Texas, a game we should have won by 2 if not 3 touchdowns.

We are used to an offense that was one of the best in the nation. Today we rank #70 nationally.

As NinjaPoke pointed out we have the team to win and compete nationally, we have the fan base expecting to win because we recognize that. But honestly, we have not looked like that team the last few weeks.

Before Texas Sagarin had OSU ranked #4 nationally, we've fallen to #14 there as well. Right now national title hopes are dim and conference championship/New Years 6 hopes are in question as well.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Look at it this way, beat 0U next Saturday and we don't have to face them in the Champ game. . . that should be pretty good motivation.

I think if we get enough OL healthy along with Chuba and Wallace, we'll be in good shape with this FANTASTIC defense that we have. We'll have a shot to win.

Then if (big IF) we can get the best game of the season out of Sanders, we will win.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
any other year I think our fans including myself would be ecstatic with where we are positioned. THIS year was the year we should have made a legit playoff run and we didn't. Couldn't even make it past game 5. I am disappointed to say the least. A Big 12 Championship and win in a New Years Day game will make me happy but right now I am disappointed

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
any other year I think our fans including myself would be ecstatic with where we are positioned. THIS year was the year we should have made a legit playoff run and we didn't. Couldn't even make it past game 5. I am disappointed to say the least. A Big 12 Championship and win in a New Years Day game will make me happy but right now I am disappointed
teams 15-25 and "receiving votes" say "well, bye"

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
We were picked 3rd was in our conference.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
We were picked 3rd was in our conference.

Just like how Texas was ranked in the top 10 YET AGAIN when they are a garbage team YET AGAIN? Maybe you put stock into "preseason picks" by the media who only care which helmet you wear, I personally don't. I still don't think there is a team better in the Big 12 than us. Picking 0u with a freshman qb over us at the beginning of the year is a complete joke, guess we'll see how it plays out in 11 days

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Just like how Texas was ranked in the top 10 YET AGAIN when they are a garbage team YET AGAIN? Maybe you put stock into "preseason picks" by the media who only care which helmet you wear, I personally don't. I still don't think there is a team better in the Big 12 than us. Picking 0u with a freshman qb over us at the beginning of the year is a complete joke, guess we'll see how it plays out in 11 days
Texas is 2 bad calls from being a 4 loss team. Sucks.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Well, I am a little salty because we should be first in the conference. But we aren't.

View attachment 87012
We absolutely in first place in the conference, standings are simply based on W/L and show no bearing on head to head. Your positioning is actually determined by losses not wins until all teams have played the same number of games. Most places go loss then alphabetical until the end.

Actual Big12 standings:
OSU
ISU
KSU
OU
UT
(...) = Insignificant