A Look Back

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
It's slow at work so I was "cruising" OP and landed in the Hall of Fame forum. And there I ran across this thread (link below)...which has to be the most epic and inspiring post-game celebration/speech caught on video at oSu. That team and season was a special one. Makes me realize how much has changed. Hard to believe that was nearly 8 years ago!

2011 aTm Post Game

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Loved that game. It was the one that aTm got up by several touchdowns and was laughing their a$$es off about how overrated we were. Then we came storming back and they had to fake injuries all over the field because we were going so fast on offense. The score would've been higher, but Blackmon fumbled going into the end zone from showboating. What was that like our 4th year in a row of beating the powerhouse (in their own minds) of Texas aTm?

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Loved that game. It was the one that aTm got up by several touchdowns and was laughing their a$$es off about how overrated we were. Then we came storming back and they had to fake injuries all over the field because we were going so fast on offense. The score would've been higher, but Blackmon fumbled going into the end zone from showboating. What was that like our 4th year in a row of beating the powerhouse (in their own minds) of Texas aTm?
It was also aTm’s last season in the Big XII, so it made beating them even sweeter.

I had just moved to Houston, so I attended that game with a mix of OSU and aTm friends. That stadium was rocking! While making my way back to my seat at one point I made the mistake of stopping near a concrete wall. The roar of the fans reverberated so hard there I thought my eardrums would burst.

When aTm jumped to a big lead, I thought, “Oh well. Guess it’s going to be another crappy season.” Glad they proved me wrong. We should have played for the national championship that year.

That game and the 38-28 Bedlam game in 2002 are probably my favorite games I have been to.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
One of my all time favorite osu games. Absolutely dominated the second half.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I loved beating both aTm and Mizzou on their home fields on the year they were set to leave for the SEC. It was like a nice kick to the backside on their way out. Almost as if to say "don't let the door hit ya were the good lord split ya fellas!"

I forgot just how good we were that year. That second half was incredible. If the game had gone on for another "half" we would have won 60-38. We just kept getting better.

About 4 inches. 4 inches further left and that field goal against ISU is good and we are in the National Championship. Kills me.