250 open investigations into 'credible claims of illegal voting' and election law violations in Georgia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You are right, that's how it works.
It seems to me that you seem to be assuming that the existence of the investigations themselves are somehow an indication or evidence that something improper actually is “afoot”.

The old “where there is smoke, there is fire” logical fallacy.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Barr
“to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.”
To me that means they have seen evidence of voter fraud but to date not enough to think it swing the election. Why are you so adamantly opposed to continuing the investigation and making examples of anyone that did commit fraud. Do you honesty want to wait until fraud exists on a scale that DOES swing an election before cracking down on it?

My word, there was no evidence that Russia swung the 2016 election yet you were ok with secret wire taps and a special prosecutor with almost unlimited subpoena power investigating anything and everything for 2 whole freaking years.

How can you be so opposed to investing real actual cases of voter fraud and setting an example that it is not ok. One starts to wonder.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
To me that means they have seen evidence of voter fraud but to date not enough to think it swing the election. Why are you so adamantly opposed to continuing the investigation and making examples of anyone that did commit fraud. Do you honesty want to wait until fraud exists on a scale that DOES swing an election before cracking down on it?

My word, there was no evidence that Russia swung the 2016 election yet you were ok with secret wire taps and a special prosecutor with almost unlimited subpoena power investigating anything and everything for 2 whole freaking years.

How can you be so opposed to investing real actual cases of voter fraud and setting an example that it is not ok. One starts to wonder.
Ha, where am I adamantly opposed to the investigations? I am just mocking team Trump for acting like they won or might have won.

Keep investigating for all I care. I agree large scale voter fraud is bad. I just don't get overly worked up about things being huge concerns when there is no evidence of it.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It seems to me that you seem to be assuming that the existence of the investigations themselves are somehow an indication or evidence that something improper actually is “afoot”.

The old “where there is smoke, there is fire” logical fallacy.
Seems to me you assume a lot of things.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Seems to me, so do you.

Including that these “250 investigations” involve “credible claims”.
Once the envelopes are separated from the ballots it's nearly impossible to find fraud even if it happened on a massive scale. Once the envelopes are destroyed or trashed it is impossible. It's a horrible system if your goal is to not have voter fraud.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Once the envelopes are separated from the ballots it's nearly impossible to find fraud even if it happened on a massive scale. Once the envelopes are destroyed or trashed it is impossible. It's a horrible system if your goal is to not have voter fraud.
Non-sequitur is very non-sequitury.

Thanks for your input, nevertheless.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Georgia Senate runoff spurs election probe of groups trying to register out-of-state voters

Georgia's top election official says he is opening an investigation into whether third-party groups are trying to register people from other states to illegally vote in Georgia's twin Jan. 5 Senate runoff elections, when the GOP's majority in the chamber is at stake.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced to reporters on Monday that "we have opened an investigation into a group called America Votes, who is sending absentee ballot applications to people at addresses where they have not lived since 1994."

Raffensperger, a Republican, also said his investigators are looking into "Vote Forward, who attempted to register a dead Alabama voter, a woman, to vote here in Georgia." He also spotlighted "The New Georgia Project, who sent voter registration applications to New York City."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gr...er-out-of-state-voters-georgia-senate-runoffs
Here are some more details on some fraud you were worried about.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/se...ida-lawyer-for-registering-to-vote-in-georgia

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Here is some evidence you aren't worried about.

Which is really concerning that people are comfortable with any fraud in our elections. It's not about who wins or losses the election, it's about it being right. If there is evidence of fraud as Americans we should all be concerned. If you aren't concerned it begs the question if you are concerned about your freedoms at all.

Are you OK with illegal votes and disfranchisement of legal voters?
1607095399555.png

We've listened for the last four years liberals calling Trump an illegitmate President. We've listened (and I'll guess you were one of them and may still be) for four years about Russia when it was a complete hoax, a piece of fiction paid for by the DNC and Clinton. Fiction!!! So don't salt the earth and now tell us you want to plant crops.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Here is some evidence you aren't worried about.

Which is really concerning that people are comfortable with any fraud in our elections. It's not about who wins or losses the election, it's about it being right. If there is evidence of fraud as Americans we should all be concerned. If you aren't concerned it begs the question if you are concerned about your freedoms at all.

Are you OK with illegal votes and disfranchisement of legal voters?
View attachment 87545
Is there enough there to investigate? I know in the link I sent they are investigating. All I see is a tweet and a grainy video.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I know if I was going to commit a felony with massive implications for the nation by having all of the election observers leave the room so that I could count ballots after the fact, I would be sure to leave video cameras rolling. That way the people on the other side could post screenshots of an empty room on Twitter to prove it. Then they could scream for Trump's Justice Department to do its job since clearly his DOJ would have no interest in such an obvious crime. Dang sandbagging DOJ!

Yep, this whole thing seems very legit. Exactly how I think it would go down.