250 open investigations into 'credible claims of illegal voting' and election law violations in Georgia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yep. Those numbers are cumulative. So add them up, you get about 1.5 billion. Yes, it continues to get worse every year under rump. for a guy who promised to get it under 100 million/year.

and if you want to compare the annual deficit , it was substantially worse year over year under rump as well. As i have indicated i a previous post, the yearly deficit is significantly higher under this administration than any other in our history. He averaged just under -380 million/year. For context, Even obama was substantially less, year over year. He averaged -343 million. Fat boy is closer to -380.

So, as i said, it's getting worse. But hey, we only set a record deficit twice in his 4 years, so there's that.
How much carpet do they make in Dalton, GA today versus 20, 30 or more years ago? And other similar industries around the country?

Do you think all of a sudden with the election of a new President suddenly carpet mills are going to start weaving carpet again?

Through all of your comments you have failed to say what you would do to change things. What would YOUR plan be?

And Biden, I'm assuming you voted for Biden?

“Trump’s ‘phase one’ trade deal with China is failing - badly,” Biden said in a statement sent to Reuters.

That was August 2020....

Now fast forward to December 2020 and Biden says he's keeping the 'phase one' trade deal with China. And there's this...

“I want to make sure we’re going to fight like hell by investing in America first,” Biden said.

Sounding a lot like Trump...
My plan is very simple. Put someone else in charge. Mission accomplished.

Let’s see if I want to fire him after four years too.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Yep, very simple and very easy. Only one more month.
Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1987 and was Vice President from 2008 - 2016.

And somehow in your mind this time it will be different?

In 1987 the US/China trade balance was $(2,796.3), in 2016 when Obama/Biden left office it was $(346,825.2).

During the Obama/Biden administration it went from $(226,877.2) to $(346,825.2). That's a negative position of $120B!!!! Something you seem to be proud of!

During the Trump administration it went from $(375,167.9) to $(316,758.1)*. That's a positive position of $58.5B.... Something you seem to dislike.

*2020 figures based on averaging the last two months of the previous three years plus Jan-Oct 2020 data.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

There is an obvious reason that China was not happy with Trump and his trade policy with China.

Question is, why do you support going back to trade policy's of the past that created a $350B deficit?

China Joe很高兴能邀请您加入他的团队。

When Trump leaves the White House next month it will be the first time since at least the 1980s (and probably before for many years) that a President left office with a smaller trade balance with China than when he started office with.

George Bush $(9,201.7)
Bill Clinton $(50,368.10)
George Bush $(184,206.8)
Barack Obama $(119,948.0)
Donald Trump $58,409.8

Just to be sure, those numbers are in Billions.....

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
When Trump leaves the White House next month
Hallelujah! We did it!!

it will be the first time since at least the 1980s (and probably before for many years) that a President left office with a smaller trade balance with China than when he started office with.
That is not right at all. We haven’t had a surplus with China in decades. It’s been an annual deficit for a very long time, and under rump, that deficit averaged over 350,000,000 per year. Meaning the cumulative deficit with China has risen by over 1.4 billion since January 2017. To reiterate, it is getting worse every year. There is no surplus with China. So you’re wrong.

And let’s not even get in to the debacle that is our overall trade deficit with all other countries in the world. It is it’s getting really bad to put it nicely
[/QUOTE]

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Hallelujah! We fit it!

That is not right at all. We haven’t had a surplus with China in decades. It’s been an annual deficit for a very long time, and under rump, that deficit averaged over 350,000,000 per year. Meaning the cumulative deficit with China has risen by over 1.4 billion since January 2017. To reiterate, it is getting worse every year. There is no surplus with China. So you’re wrong.

And let’s not even get in to the debacle that is our overall trade deficit with all other countries in the world. It is it’s getting really bad to put it nicely
No where did I say we had a surplus. No where. Do you literally not understand the numbers I posted?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Hallelujah! We did it!!

[/QUOTE]
And it's been getting really bad for a very long time.

Obama's first three years he added $222B to the global trade balance. Trumps first three years he added $62B to the global trade balance.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c0004.html

So, while it's getting worse as it has been for decades at least the trend is beginning to slow.

If you want to do something to slow the trade balance, adopt Trumps slogan, America first, meaning buy American made products first.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
And it's been getting really bad for a very long time.

Obama's first three years he added $222B to the global trade balance. Trumps first three years he added $62B to the global trade balance.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c0004.html

So, while it's getting worse as it has been for decades at least the trend is beginning to slow.

If you want to do something to slow the trade balance, adopt Trumps slogan, America first, meaning buy American made products first.
Your numbers seem a little off to me. Maybe a typo.

In October 2020, the US trade deficit with the world set a 14 year high, to 67 billion. To a level never seen by the previous administration. If people wanted to buy american products first, they would, but they like cheap chinese crap. you cant take the walmart mentality out of all the cheapskates in this country.

Couple other notable things worth mentioning, because it's been trending in the opposite direction you seem to imply.

• U.S. trade balance for 2018 was $-638.21B, a 10.93% increase from 2017.
  • U.S. trade balance for 2017 was $-575.34B, a 10.9% increase from 2016.
  • U.S. trade balance for 2016 was $-518.81B, a 0.2% decline from 2015.
  • U.S. trade balance for 2015 was $-519.85B, a 2.4% increase from 2014.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
No where did I say we had a surplus. No where. Do you literally not understand the numbers I posted?
You said it'll be the first time since the 80's that a potus left office with a smaller trade balance with china than he started with. That's not true. and for it to be true we'd have needed a surplus at some point. Which never happened. The balance was getting cumulatively worse every year under this administration.

Nov 6, 2010
https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1345922900637847558?s=19
Can we really call this a "bombshell" coming from Trump?? It seems completely predictable and a given at this point based on what we know of him. A true bombshell from this guy would be a simple concession to the winner.

Jun 14, 2011
Can we really call this a "bombshell" coming from Trump?? It seems completely predictable and a given at this point based on what we know of him. A true bombshell from this guy would be a simple concession to the winner.
This is right on. And how horrible is it that we have fallen so far...

Nov 6, 2010
This is right on. And how horrible is it that we have fallen so far...
Yea, and I was starting to buy into the whole TDS business, like maybe everyone who was freaking out over the lunacy was over-reacting. No, I should have trusted my gut, the guy is a complete sociopath, and it is simply amazing he's not done more damage than he has already done. Of course, I think damage estimates are early, and we'll learn a lot more in the next few years.