Football 2022 ATH Braylin Presley

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Class of 2022... The kid can put some more meat on the bones in the next 20 months... Add another 12 months with Rob Glass and maybe we have another Kendall Hunter... Who wouldn't want that...

Nov 6, 2010
Class of 2022... The kid can put some more meat on the bones in the next 20 months... Add another 12 months with Rob Glass and maybe we have another Kendall Hunter... Who wouldn't want that...
I'm thinking of that kid from Oregon State a few years ago, but I don't think he necessarily has to play RB. He is just too good not to take, and it is the OC's job to get him the ball in space if he's not big enough to play a traditional RB role. Can you imagine what Leach would have done with the Pressley brothers at Tech when he had it rolling there?? And before I get piled on, that wasn't meant as a knock on Gundy.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I'm thinking of that kid from Oregon State a few years ago, but I don't think he necessarily has to play RB. He is just too good not to take, and it is the OC's job to get him the ball in space if he's not big enough to play a traditional RB role. Can you imagine what Leach would have done with the Pressley brothers at Tech when he had it rolling there?? And before I get piled on, that wasn't meant as a knock on Gundy.
Jacquizz Rodgers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010
The silence offer was mutual between the family. Some schools are seeing who we offer....
Being ranked every year with "3 stars" and "35th ranked recruiting classes" means we're probably getting the 'best 3 star' players. (In reality, they're probably 4 star players after a bit of development)
It should be expected that logo schools look at programs like OSU and use their evaluations on "3 star" players to refine their own recruiting lists.
I mean, look at the game with Texas. Texas is loaded with 4 and 5 star players, but OSU looked every bit as athletic out there, with mostly "3 star" players. Personally, I thought we looked like the more developed team.

Good to see our coaches make an effort to avoid being sniped.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Being ranked every year with "3 stars" and "35th ranked recruiting classes" means we're probably getting the 'best 3 star' players. (In reality, they're probably 4 star players after a bit of development)
It should be expected that logo schools look at programs like OSU and use their evaluations on "3 star" players to refine their own recruiting lists.
I mean, look at the game with Texas. Texas is loaded with 4 and 5 star players, but OSU looked every bit as athletic out there, with mostly "3 star" players. Personally, I thought we looked like the more developed team.

Good to see our coaches make an effort to avoid being sniped.
I agree with you to a point, we have developed players but we have many 3rd year RS and RS seniors on board. This just seems to happen every few years. Texas seems to have guys that can start late Freshman and certainly Sophomore. We have to stick to the G plant. Recruit good people, weight room for 1 -2 years then let's see.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I agree with you to a point, we have developed players but we have many 3rd year RS and RS seniors on board. This just seems to happen every few years. Texas seems to have guys that can start late Freshman and certainly Sophomore. We have to stick to the G plant. Recruit good people, weight room for 1 -2 years then let's see.
....just to add a tad on something I agree wholly with...
recruit good character kids that love football and have not reach their ceiling in high school.
Lowly ranked recruits are less assuming and should be good for team chemistry.

Aug 27, 2012
Stillwater OK
Does anyone else think Gundy will have to change his offensive philosophy if we keep getting players like this? Short, Fast, Strong players that make you miss. Have to get these guys in space to let them work.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Does anyone else think Gundy will have to change his offensive philosophy if we keep getting players like this? Short, Fast, Strong players that make you miss. Have to get these guys in space to let them work.
A change in philosophy is a complete overhaul of the system. You don't need that, you simply scheme in some plays that work to the strength of the team. You go back to 2014 with Tyreek Hill. I think we tried to do that a lot but he was our only major threat. Defenses could focus on him. I feel that role needs to be a complementary. Good QBs. RBs, WRs, TEs something that the defense must focus on and they you have a guy that they don't know how to handle. Honestly, it is a damn shame that Hill had to do what he did to get off the field. Another year of development with the emergence of Rudolph and Washington... could have been special.