2020 US Amateur

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Aman Gupta finished 5th in the stroke play portion and had won his first 2 matches in match play to reach the round of 16. He goes again at 4:00 this afternoon. Eckroat and Neergaard-Peterson also played but missed the cut in stroke play.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Aman won 5&3 in his match this afternoon. Quarterfinals tomorrow. It was on Golf Channel this afternoon don’t know what tomorrow’s schedule is. Bandon Dunes looked pretty brutal today.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Unfortunately, it took three shots to get out of the fairway bunker. Tough way to end.
I couldn't believe he was trying to reach the green on a par 5 from the fairway bunker when his opponent looked to be in a position where he would make par at best. I thought maybe Bratton wasn't giving good advice. His second shot doesn't come close to clearing the lip of the bunker. I think NOW he'll lay it out and try to get up/down for par. Nope, shot 3 lines straight into the lip again and rolls back to his feet. He says "duuude, what is going on!?!", which made me laugh. He still hasn't changed clubs. Shot 4 easily clears the lip and lands 15-20' from the hole, but too late. At least then I knew it wasn't bad strategy or coaching, he just mis-hit twice. After being down 4 through 12 he made a hell of a comeback and has no reason to hang his head. He thinned a couple at the wrong time. It happens.