Men's Basketball 2020 SF Cade Cunningham

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 28, 2008
OKC, OK
Is anyone else concerned that we hired a relative of his 2.5 weeks ago and he still has yet to commit to OSU? Perhaps there is something I am missing or unaware of? If so, please enlighten me. Thanks!

PlatypusJojo

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
A/V Subscriber
May 29, 2010
Boston
Is anyone else concerned that we hired a relative of his 2.5 weeks ago and he still has yet to commit to OSU? Perhaps there is something I am missing or unaware of? If so, please enlighten me. Thanks!
Nope. Not concerned at all. He has previously stated he is going to commit sometime before the first signing period but not anytime soon iirc.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
No, I know if he were to commit to us he would not want it to seem like the only reason he committed was his brother, as Boynton would be the biggest reason if he were to commit to us.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
As in given up or as in letting his brother recruit him?
It's a garbage lie that the poster in question is perpetuating for some stupid reason. My opinion is that he's a troll.

There's absolutely no way that Boynton has given up or just assumed that Cunningham is his just because he hired his brother.

Nov 6, 2010
It's a garbage lie that the poster in question is perpetuating for some stupid reason. My opinion is that he's a troll.

There's absolutely no way that Boynton has given up or just assumed that Cunningham is his just because he hired his brother.
From another site regarding the comments. Seems clear he is talking about other coaches, not Boynton.

“Some coaches started to slow down a little bit and really started pursuing other players,” Cunningham told Goodman. “My brother got hired, I see what they’re thinking, but I wouldn’t assume if I was a coach, though. If anybody asked me, I would tell them that my recruitment is still open, and whenever I’m ready to decide a school, I’ll commit to it. I’ve been saying that for a long time now.
“They slowed down, but I’m not really worried. I’m not gonna ask anybody to recruit me. I’m just happy to be in the position I’m at right now. … If somebody stops recruiting me, they’re cutting my list down for me, so it makes it easier for me.”

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
1. Class of 2020's No. 2 player Cade Cunningham released a top five of Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oklahoma State and Washington on Thursday. With his brother on staff at OSU, can anybody beat the Cowboys?

Bossi: In a word, no. I’ve seen plenty of things during my 20 years in the business and have learned to never say never, but I would think that the coaches at all of Cunningham’s final five programs not named Oklahoma State know what they are up against.

Evans: I highly doubt it.

McDonald: I'd be really surprised if Cunningham went anywhere other than Oklahoma State.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-roundtable--205

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
1. Class of 2020's No. 2 player Cade Cunningham released a top five of Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oklahoma State and Washington on Thursday. With his brother on staff at OSU, can anybody beat the Cowboys?

Bossi: In a word, no. I’ve seen plenty of things during my 20 years in the business and have learned to never say never, but I would think that the coaches at all of Cunningham’s final five programs not named Oklahoma State know what they are up against.

Evans: I highly doubt it.

McDonald: I'd be really surprised if Cunningham went anywhere other than Oklahoma State.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-roundtable--205
Talk about a program changing moment. Getting him playing with the other studs we have recruited and we could legit make a run at the final 4.

Dec 21, 2008
Crazy how we were on him as a top 50 player then24th now top 2 & arguably best player in his class. It doesn’t baffle me but excites me that HCMB can predict the rise of these teenagers. Even Bryce Thompson was not a 5star and we were on him years ago and one of the first. Man if we can rebuild this program, we would be back to the early 2000 levels of excitement!