Men's Basketball 2020 PF Isaiah Todd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Thanks! Very exciting if we can land him. Also makes things kinda crowded in the frontcourt next year with yor's emergence. Not a bad problem to have though.
Oh, if we get him, he's starting next year. That's non-negotiable. He and Anei would be a dangerous tandem. His offensive capabilities are way more polished than Yor's. And Yor's defense is probably better. They would be an awesome duo.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
If we could somehow land him. By mid January next year once we get our feet wet, look out! Dang I hope somehow we can get him. Would be massive. Literally and figuratively.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
If we could somehow land him. By mid January next year once we get our feet wet, look out! Dang I hope somehow we can get him. Would be massive. Literally and figuratively.
Kentucky just offered him last week. They are doing this assuming he's going to reclassify, and they need a big man in their 2019 class really bad (they've only recruited some guards and missed out on the big guys they were going for). I really hope Coach B can sell Poke State to him.

Oct 29, 2016
US
No doubt. I, for one, as I'm sure fellow OSU fans do, hope he commits. It appears reclassification is/was based on receiving an offer from Kentucky. And that's exactly what happened - an offer, hence he may reclassify. But even if that is the case, it's huge OSU may be in the running. Boynton put together one helluva class..I just hope fellow fans will give him *proper* time.. everything these days has to be instant gratification, for whatever reason - I don't get it. So many fan bases expect miracles within two or three years or they're out. It's madness. Regardless, here's hoping he commits to us.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
No doubt. I, for one, as I'm sure fellow OSU fans do, hope he commits. It appears reclassification is/was based on receiving an offer from Kentucky. And that's exactly what happened - an offer, hence he may reclassify. But even if that is the case, it's huge OSU may be in the running. Boynton put together one helluva class..I just hope fellow fans will give him *proper* time.. everything these days has to be instant gratification, for whatever reason - I don't get it. So many fan bases expect miracles within two or three years or they're out. It's madness. Regardless, here's hoping he commits to us.
It's fairly simple for him:

Either he goes to Kentucky and has to come off the bench, because they have three big guys who are probably all staying for next season

OR

Come to OSU and start from the get-go

Dec 21, 2008
There has been a couple elite recruits the past 18 months that mentioned Coach B telling them they will be a one and done etc. I like that he is truthful and selling them the NBA dream even if we get them for only a year. I so wish we could do a behind the scenes on an official visit! Would be fun to see how different schools compare with their visits

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
There has been a couple elite recruits the past 18 months that mentioned Coach B telling them they will be a one and done etc. I like that he is truthful and selling them the NBA dream even if we get them for only a year. I so wish we could do a behind the scenes on an official visit! Would be fun to see how different schools compare with their visits
People want to talk about how OSU never has any one and dones but we have had 3 in the last 2 years.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
People want to talk about how OSU never has any one and dones but we have had 3 in the last 2 years.
Ok, just a note, when people say "one and done", generally speaking, they're referring to guys who are capable of playing in the *NBA* out of high school.

So, in that regard, it's ok for people to not talk about our "one and dones".