2020 NFL DRAFT THREAD

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Well Tylan Wallace clearly made the right decision not to go this year. What a loaded WR class.

Also, I think I enjoyed the way they did the broadcast more than ever. It was really cool to see so much of the human side of players, coaches, etc...

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
2021 WR class is expected to be just as good if not better according to some NFL scouts. Tylan definitely made the right decision, but he has his work cut out for him if he wants to be a 1st round pick.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It remains to be seen but i dont see the same kind of horses from top to bottom in the 21 class. It's rare you see 6 wrs go in round 1.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
According to a couple scouts...you could see as many as 7 drafted in the 1st round and based on the names, that’s very realistic. 2021 class definitely seems they have the horses. Matt Miller has 8 and that didn’t include Wallace. Its way too early, but it seems to be a really deep class.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
According to a couple scouts...you could see as many as 7 drafted in the 1st round and based on the names, that’s very realistic. 2021 class definitely seems they have the horses. Matt Miller has 8 and that didn’t include Wallace. Its way too early, but it seems to be a really deep class.
This class was historic and really crazy deep. lamb and jeudy already look like they have hall of fame potential. It'll come down to how good the top guys play this year. If chase doesnt have a down year this season after an incredible year,, if guys like wallace stay healthy, if guys like Ross dont take a step back after breaking out, if these qb situations like at alabama shake out, could be good. chase and smith dont have their qbs anymore. It all came together for the '20 class.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This class was historic and really crazy deep. lamb and jeudy already look like they have hall of fame potential. It'll come down to how good the top guys play this year. If chase doesnt have a down year this season after an incredible year,, if guys like wallace stay healthy, if guys like Ross dont take a step back after breaking out, if these qb situations like at alabama shake out, could be good. chase and smith dont have their qbs anymore. It all came together for the '20 class.
Holy Christ dude, day drinking during Corona lockdown?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re nice players that should have nice careers, but HOF potential is a stretch IMO. Neither is what I call “generational” talents, but I hope they prove me wrong.

In terms of the 2021 WR class, their talent (Smith, chase, Ross)has already spoken and it’ll be hard to see them fall out of 1st round. Jalen Reagor had subpar QB play after a 1000 yd season and still was a top 25 pick so that logic is flawed. Mac Jones from bama is more than solid enough to get the job done. I don’t see Ross taking a step back especially with Lawrence at the helm. I’ve seen LSU WRs get drafted in the 1st round with subpar QB play so that’s nothing new.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
So deep it gave up 63 on national tv to LSU. You need to start sleeping with both hands out from under the covers. Your HoF wet dreams are getting out of hand. Literally.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Holy Christ dude, day drinking during Corona lockdown?
I dont drink, but i do like weed. I was sober when posting this though. Also, with regard to my opinion on jeudy and lamb- i am not on an island. Astound level of talent and capability with those two. Rare qualities you dont see all the time in such young players.

So deep it gave up 63 on national tv to LSU. You need to start sleeping with both hands out from under the covers. Your HoF wet dreams are getting out of hand. Literally.
Umm. What? I am talking about the entirety of the receivers in this class, you dipshit, not just the OU players. All of them.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I dont drink, but i do like weed. I was sober when posting this though. Also, with regard to my opinion on jeudy and lamb- i am not on an island. Astound level of talent and capability with those two. Rare qualities you dont see all the time in such young players.

Your explanation doesn't make your original statement any less of a fantasyland, puppies & rainbows with crimson kool aid post. Carry on.

Umm. What? I am talking about the entirety of the receivers in this class, you dipshit, not just the OU players. All of them.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re nice players that should have nice careers, but HOF potential is a stretch IMO. Neither is what I call “generational” talents, but I hope they prove me wrong.

In terms of the 2021 WR class, their talent (Smith, chase, Ross)has already spoken and it’ll be hard to see them fall out of 1st round. Jalen Reagor had subpar QB play after a 1000 yd season and still was a top 25 pick so that logic is flawed. Mac Jones from bama is more than solid enough to get the job done. I don’t see Ross taking a step back especially with Lawrence at the helm. I’ve seen LSU WRs get drafted in the 1st round with subpar QB play so that’s nothing new.
They seem pretty generational to me. I havent seen anyone make the kind of crazy plays and catches Lamb has made habit over the past few years. jeudy nothing short of mastering the most important facet of what makes a receiver successful at the next level. He is so complete that he makes hard stuff look so easy. It's difficult to be the best wr in a historic class like this. Really goes to compare well to 2004 and 2014 classes.

21 has real potential too. But things will have to come together for them like they did in 2020. Smith and chase dont have any sort of proven qb, and benefited greatly from 2 things- elite Heisman talents at qb, and elite wrs taking on the defense's top db. will they be just as good when the top db is covering them? Well see. You think jones will get the job done, but he's not in the same universe as tagovailoa. and who the hell knows what lsu is going to look like next year. new qb, new oc. ross already took a step back from 2018 to 2019, so now he has to make an even bigger step up to be at that level. Im just sayin,g a lot of things came together to make this 2020 class historical.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
They seem pretty generational to me. I havent seen anyone make the kind of crazy plays and catches Lamb has made habit over the past few years. jeudy nothing short of mastering the most important facet of what makes a receiver successful at the next level. He is so complete that he makes hard stuff look so easy. It's difficult to be the best wr in a historic class like this. Really goes to compare well to 2004 and 2014 classes.

21 has real potential too. But things will have to come together for them like they did in 2020. Smith and chase dont have any sort of proven qb, and benefited greatly from 2 things- elite Heisman talents at qb, and elite wrs taking on the defense's top db. will they be just as good when the top db is covering them? Well see. You think jones will get the job done, but he's not in the same universe as tagovailoa. and who the hell knows what lsu is going to look like next year. new qb, new oc. ross already took a step back from 2018 to 2019, so now he has to make an even bigger step up to be at that level. Im just sayin,g a lot of things came together to make this 2020 class historical.
Some analyst compare lamb to dez Bryant and I could see the similarities. Both make contested catches and were good after the catch. Both were also effective in the return game in college. I believe what separates the two is Lamb was a much better route runner than Dez and it’s not even close.

Just my opinion, he’s not a generational talent. Jeudy is an elite route runner, and to some the greatest collegiate route runner they’ve ever seen. If they were generational, they would’ve been top 5-10 pick regardless whose on the board. People talk about saquon Barkley, and soon to be Trevor Lawrence as generational talents. I don’t see lamb or jeudy in that category. Doesn’t mean they won’t be in Canton when it’s all said and done. I think both will have good careers. On the surface, neither is what I call generational talents.

In terms of the 2021 class, it’s all potential at the end of the day. I’m not proclaiming that it’s already better than 2020, although some draft analysts believe it is. Won’t argue with LSU, but I still stand by what I said with chase being a lock in the 1st round with little to prove.

Ross took a step back not because of his play, but because of Lawrence. Their QB was pressing for whatever reason and settled in down the stretch and Ross production as well as Higgins improved.

In terms of Mac jones, of course he’s not Tua, I mean that’s stating the obvious. Truth is, he doesn’t need to be. He looked decent against Auburn passing for 335 yards and 4 TDs. Yes he threw 2 pick 6’s but had a 66% completion rate. He also looked solid against Michigan in the bowl game. I think they’ll be okay at QB.

Last edited:

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head

"This class was historic and really crazy deep. lamb and jeudy already look like they have hall of fame potential".

Your words.....dipshit.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
"This class was historic and really crazy deep. lamb and jeudy already look like they have hall of fame potential".

Your words.....dipshit.
Yeah you posted a score of a game. I was talking about wide receivers. Stay on topic, dipshit.

It's as though he's never seen a draft before.
Not with talent this rich at the wr position. Real life nfl analysts agree.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
As always, another riveting discussion with midnight welcher and her sister shit for brains. :whistle: