2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Not saying anything is bad with the disposition, but there are a lot of really good players that do not want to play on a stacked team since PT gets watered down. As a glass half full, it could indicate he has some reservations in that aspect and it could also mean he knows something we do not about how other targeted studs are leaning.

ThePoke1

Greenhorn
Sep 5, 2019
Choctaw Oklahoma
Not saying anything is bad with the disposition, but there are a lot of really good players that do not want to play on a stacked team since PT gets watered down. As a glass half full, it could indicate he has some reservations in that aspect and it could also mean he knows something we do not about how other targeted studs are leaning.
Get ready to get excited for Basketball again very soon!!! ‍♂️

Dec 21, 2008
UNC just picked up a 5 star PG which helps us. Unfortunately he is quoted as saying he’s gonna keep recruiting BT and CC. Never would I have guessed the 2-3 top kids we are in on have given zero leans. I selfishly hate when kids do this. Take your visits and pick don’t leave 5 programs stranded then no time to recover esp when you announce end of Nov. I don’t think CC wants to go to a power team, I think he wants to be the cherry on top of a competitive team with a foundation. If he wanted to go to UNC why not pick already?

BT I have heard so much about ou and osu and UNC that I have no idea.

Sep 23, 2010
Caleb Love committing to UNC helps OSU and other schools recruiting Cunningham and BT. Kanssas notice of allegations is also something that is helpful with these guys. Ultimately, I think we get Walker and Cunningham and no BT.

Dec 21, 2008
Question,
If we have Ice with 2 yrs and Avery with 1 yr experience how would BT get playing time? Is he a 2 Guard?

I know he’s a “5 star” but would he be an instant NBA type prospect like Cade? I’ve heard a lot of Bryce to OU rumblings due to “player of the yr potential taking 40 shots/game like Trae Young”.

poke

Greenhorn
Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Bryce is a combo guard and is expected to play off the ball in college. Ice, Avery Anderson, Cunningham all at point but wouldn't be surprised to see 2 point guards on the court at the same time, especially if one of the point guards is 6'7 like cunningham.

If we can land these guys we would long along the perimeter with all of our guards, which is something OSU has lacked recently.

Dec 7, 2012
San Antonio. TX
For sure. Cunningham will play multiple positions on the floor depending on what rotation is in. He’s so versatile. There would be some explosive players on the floor at all times for sure.

Dec 21, 2008
Anyone else as obsessed with his recruitment as me? I search articles and read UNC and UK blogs daily trying to read into any of his quotes. National experts are still leaning towards us. The only thing I think UK has is their pedigree of lottery pick millionaires. Luckily having Cannan, I think he still picks us. He does not strike me as a 5star diva like so many others appear at times. I think it really helps that we started recruiting him yrs ago, and now that he has climbed to be #1, the blue bloods are coming after him. Hoping for some program changing news next month!!!!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Anyone else as obsessed with his recruitment as me? I search articles and read UNC and UK blogs daily trying to read into any of his quotes. National experts are still leaning towards us. The only thing I think UK has is their pedigree of lottery pick millionaires. Luckily having Cannan, I think he still picks us. He does not strike me as a 5star diva like so many others appear at times. I think it really helps that we started recruiting him yrs ago, and now that he has climbed to be #1, the blue bloods are coming after him. Hoping for some program changing news next month!!!!
I was this way with AJ Ferrari and it scares the hell out of me.

Dec 21, 2008
I think Cade is 90/10 us
Bryce I think is 40us/40ou/20unc. I honestly think it depends what he and his dad think is best for him. He wants the Trae Young Player of the year treatment but I think he fits better with us and our momentum and talent. I do not know what his relationship is with Cade so that’s a dark horse question mark. I’m always curious how much these kids talk to each other and if any of them have “picked” in their minds yet or if they still are unsure