2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
He’s telling somebody to keep his bags backed and avoid a long term lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps equally so, I anticipate, as he says, he's concerned about transfers out if the NCAA passes the rule. We could see some players leave due to to concerns about PT if they know they'll be immediately eligible elsewhere. Probably good to have a backup just in case.
Honestly, I think he’s actually way more concerned about who can come in if the NCAA passes the rule. There’s probably hundreds of guys who could give us a look if they did not have to lose a year of eligibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2008
interesting thought.....

What if Cade takes out loans for one year?

Making millions the next year he can easily pay them off. Would open up a scholarship for his buddy for a one yr run with his best friends and brother!

Dec 21, 2008
In all seriousness, could Boynton give Cannan a $25,000 “bonus” which would pay for Cade to be a “walk-on” thus allowing us this last scholarship to give to a potential championship piece?
Could we be the first to use this angle with an ELITE prospect?

Jun 14, 2011
I think his dad was the President (Manager? idk) of Southern Hills.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Yes, you are both correct. Nick did not take a scholarship spot b/c his family was in a good enough position in life that he could do so and help the team as a result. The difference between doing that and giving a bonus to a coach whose family member is on the team is... quite different.

Aug 19, 2006
After the Lamont Evans fiasco, we don't want to be anywhere near questionable recruiting tactics. Coach B has to keep the program squeaky clean or the NCAA will be all in our business before you can finish spelling NCAA.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/1252315372403019777?s=19

A talented Forward out of Evansville. I wonder if Boynton will reach out to him.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Another film room. This one about Flavors.

https://twitter.com/OSUMBB/status/1252394116534558722?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org
Looks like Greg Brown may be considering G league or playing overseas:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamza...-including-greg-brown-kai-sotto/#2e6cdba72dbe

After Landing Jalen Green And Isaiah Todd, NBA G League Is Courting Other Prep Stars, Including Greg Brown, Kai Sotto
Adam ZagoriaContributor

LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 10: Greg Brown looks on during the Nike Academy Showcase Game on August 10, ... [+]
Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The NBA G League isn’t messing around.

After signing prep star Jalen Green on Thursday and reportedly adding former Michigan commit Isaiah Todd, the development league has been linked to a number of high school stars, including 6-foot-9 Texas power forward Greg Brown and 7-1 big man Kai Sotto, a native of the Philippines.

The 6-foot-5 Green will reportedly make $500,000 next year playing for a new team which will be unaffiliated with any existing NBA G League franchise or NBA team. It was first reported in this space on Tuesday that Green was considering skipping college for a six-figure deal in the G League.

His new team will reportedly play a limited 20-game schedule before Green and the team’s other young stars become eligible for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Greg Brown Sr. said Thursday evening that the G League reached out two months ago but that the family has “not spoken with them in two months.”

Brown, a senior at Vandegrift (TX) High School, is poised to announce April 24. His father said Brown is considering Kentucky, Memphis, Texas, Michigan and Auburn as well as the G League and playing overseas.

“Everything has always been an option,” Greg Brown Sr. said. “I’m not sure what Greg will decide to do at this point.”

Brown is the projected No. 12 pick in 2021, per ESPN.com.