2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
I hate to admit that I don’t remember seeing Hiddie play. Maybe it’s this pandemic forcing memory loss.
Hidde is much better than people give him credit for. I would equate him as a high 3* type guy from a skill level. Can drive and shoot from deep as a 4 man. As mentioned though he is a 18 year old Euro and was not ready mentally or physically for the aggressiveness of our style of play.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Hidde is much better than people give him credit for. I would equate him as a high 3* type guy from a skill level. Can drive and shoot from deep as a 4 man. As mentioned though he is a 18 year old Euro and was not ready mentally or physically for the aggressiveness of our style of play.

ohh Roessink....ok I remember him. i was thinking Hidde was a last name. lol

Sep 23, 2010
I hate to admit that I don’t remember seeing Hiddie play. Maybe it’s this pandemic forcing memory loss.
Hiddie is a tall white guy 6'10ish. Can move his feet ok for his size. But gets totally manhandled. Unfortunately, he didn't make any perimeter shots this year either in his short opportunities. It is believed that this will be his strength, shooting.

He must get much stronger and his ballhandling/passing skills must improve greatly. I'm not ready to totally give up on him but if we have some prospects that would be big for our program, we might have to move off him. Always a difficult decision for a coach I am sure.

Thoughts? Was he more promising than Duncan DeMuth? I'm not sure. But he is bigger so upside could be higher.

Dec 21, 2008
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...asketball/osu-hoops-in-person-recruiting-hold

Very interesting quote from Coach. That would make me to believe that we have a silent commit. I am wondering if it’s Greg Brown from Austin, top 5 player? We aren’t in his “top 5” but he has a connection with Cade and Cade randomly tweeted at him a couple wks ago out of the blue to join him. But if we have a silent commit why are we talking to DW JT and TU transfer? Hmmm

Dec 21, 2008
2B5FDFB0-0D29-4E9A-9D4B-89627B64ECAC.jpeg
Seeing this and hearing Pena may not qualify and if Flavors may not be eligible, this goes to show why we are pursuing Donovan and JT and either TU or Purdue transfer.

Makes sense now seeing we have one left and two possible not on scholarship for a year

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
View attachment 79302 Seeing this and hearing Pena may not qualify and if Flavors may not be eligible, this goes to show why we are pursuing Donovan and JT and either TU or Purdue transfer.

Makes sense now seeing we have one left and two possible not on scholarship for a year
Everything I've seen indicates Flavors is a grad transfer.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but if he were to sit out it doesn't effect the scholarship count. He'd still be using one.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Last edited: