2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
LETS FREAKIN GOOOO!!! Very quiet thread for a program changer & elite visitors with him!!! GO POKES!!!
No surprise it’s a good time to be a poke. My dream scenario would be Yor/Ice stay until sr year. Watson, Boones, Harris, Anderson will be jrs and Cunningham will be a soph. That is a legit final four/championship squad. Not to mention if we land any of the others we are in on. Like Thompson, Thor, Walker, etc.

Aug 29, 2019
Okeene
No surprise it’s a good time to be a poke. My dream scenario would be Yor/Ice stay until sr year. Watson, Boones, Harris, Anderson will be jrs and Cunningham will be a soph. That is a legit final four/championship squad. Not to mention if we land any of the others we are in on. Like Thompson, Thor, Walker, etc.
Wait, we are recruiting THOR? I bet he really HAMMERS down the dunks. Maybe one day he will play for the THUNDER....ahahahah.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
LETS FREAKIN GOOOO!!! Very quiet thread for a program changer & elite visitors with him!!! GO POKES!!!
Might as well dream that Cade really is a generational player and he leads us to a FF and a NC as a freshman. Then he won’t be around as a Sophomore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
JT Thor would be a nice replacement for Cam.

We already have one PG committed and Ice on the squad. Cunningham can play point and the other two are listed at PG.

You can never have too many good guards, but that's a lot of PG's. We will lose some shooting with Dizzy and Lindy graduating. Cam can stretch the floor some as well. I know Harris is supposed to be a good shooter and one of the Boone twins.

Will be interesting to see it play out. It's encouraging to have so many quality players interested in our program.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

We already have one PG committed and Ice on the squad. Cunningham can play point and the other two are listed at PG.

You can never have too many good guards, but that's a lot of PG's. We will lose some shooting with Dizzy and Lindy graduating. Cam can stretch the floor some as well. I know Harris is supposed to be a good shooter and one of the Boone twins.

Will be interesting to see it play out. It's encouraging to have so many quality players interested in our program.
We wont lose shooting. Every single player we are recruiting has the ability to shoot the 3. Thor has a really nice stroke and so does Williams for big guys. This team, if everything comes together, will be long, athletic, and can shoot. From the PG to Forwards to the Centers. All can shoot. Boynton is building a modern offense similar to what okc thunder wanted to build but never could.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010

Seems the true "point guard" label is a bit rigid in the game these days. Seems to me you need guys with handles that can score, and then you need guys that can rebound and protect the rim. It's good if you have a guy that can distribute, but with the focus on the 3 point shot, it doesn't seem as important now.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
The problem with getting both is that numbers start to get tight. As of today we should have 4 open scholarships next year, Waters, McGriff, Dizzy, and Laurent. I know odds say someone else will leave early due to homesickness, lack of pt, the draft(?!?!) etc, but for now let's say we have 4. We already have Davonte Davis committed at the pg/combo guard. Hopefully we get Cunningham as it's projected. You know we'll add least one big man; Isaiah Todd, Jaylin Williams, Jon Aku, or Jaemyn Brakefield would all be amazing adds. That only leaves one open spot for Walker or Thompson.
We will have five scholarships available. We have one that is currently open plus the four that will open up. 1+4=5. Even though Davis is committed, he hasn’t signed. HCMB needs to sign the five best prospects.

Last edited:

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
The problem with getting both is that numbers start to get tight. As of today we should have 4 open scholarships next year, Waters, McGriff, Dizzy, and Laurent. I know odds say someone else will leave early due to homesickness, lack of pt, the draft(?!?!) etc, but for now let's say we have 4. We already have Davonte Davis committed at the pg/combo guard. Hopefully we get Cunningham as it's projected. You know we'll add least one big man; Isaiah Todd, Jaylin Williams, Jon Aku, or Jaemyn Brakefield would all be amazing adds. That only leaves one open spot for Walker or Thompson.
We will have five scholarships available. We have one that is currently open plus the four that will open up. 1+4=5. Even though Davis is committed, he hasn’t signed. HCMB needs to sign the five best prospects.
When I posted that, Demuth was still around.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Currently listed at 100% prediction (per 247Sports) for Cade Cunningham, JT Thor, Jaylin Williams, Rondel Walker, and Davonte Davis already committed. Comparing to 2019 class rankings, that would be good for the nation's #6 class just barely behind Villanova.

The fact that we are in the lead for these 2020 guys is just an amazing testament to Boynton's recruiting efforts. Signing day can't get here fast enough.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Currently listed at 100% prediction (per 247Sports) for Cade Cunningham, JT Thor, Jaylin Williams, Rondel Walker, and Davonte Davis already committed. Comparing to 2019 class rankings, that would be good for the nation's #6 class just barely behind Villanova.

The fact that we are in the lead for these 2020 guys is just an amazing testament to Boynton's recruiting efforts. Signing day can't get here fast enough.
1567880281074.gif

All of you, just stop it. I will NOT get my hopes up that Cowboy Basketball is back.

Dec 21, 2008
How is #2 overall five star plus four 4 stars only #6 potential ranking? Basketball rankings are a joke. Seems like top 100 kids are 4/5 stars. Hope we can get this package deal!!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Without doing any research, I don't think we've EVER had a class that high, so that would be all-time good.

If we were to land Bryce Thompson in lieu of say Rondel Walker, that would equate to 2019 #3 class ahead of Duke.

The future of oSu MBB is bright...Orange!
We had the #1 class in 2005... Just none of them showed up.

Dec 21, 2008
I like Coach Bs relationship with Bryce but Bryce strikes me as a dude that wants the ball and attention. He strikes me as a UNC or Michigan State guy. I could be way wrong but all the “shopping” and visiting tweets and subtweets just don’t strike me as a kid wanting to stay home. Seeing all the links to ou at times makes it feel like they are selling him on the Trae Young shoot 30x/game score 25+ ppg treatment and he seems to like that. I almost like RW better because he seems to be more hungry and less of an NBA-chasing one and done star

Mar 11, 2006
I like Coach Bs relationship with Bryce but Bryce strikes me as a dude that wants the ball and attention. He strikes me as a UNC or Michigan State guy. I could be way wrong but all the “shopping” and visiting tweets and subtweets just don’t strike me as a kid wanting to stay home. Seeing all the links to ou at times makes it feel like they are selling him on the Trae Young shoot 30x/game score 25+ ppg treatment and he seems to like that. I almost like RW better because he seems to be more hungry and less of an NBA-chasing one and done star
All good players want the ball. You need those players in big games.
Bryce is unlike a lot of players that go thru recruiting fairly blind. His dad, who is an absolute great guy, has a lot of connections with NCAA basketball. He is allowing his son to view different schools and make his own choice.
We are going to be in the mix because of the Boone twins and the fact they really like Boynton, but we are one of five. And he has strong ties to OU, Ark, KU, and North Carolina.