2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
If Flavors commits, we only have one scholarship left so it's either Thor or Williams. We have a need for shooters so Williams would be ideal. Landing JT Thor would be a luxury at this point. I like Thor, but at this very point, no one really knows what that kid is going to do.

As far as Hidde, don't know where people heard he tore is ACL, but Hidde is fine. The young man just wasn't ready for the physicality of the Big XII, which is why he was on the bench after a few conference games. Don't see Hidde being forced out, but you never know.

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
Just speculation and guessing from me here so take it with a grain of salt. If we added Williams and Thor we would not have a scholarship to give in 2021 class because we would have no seniors next year. Could us adding Flavors who will be a senior and will allow us a scholarship in the 2021 class. That could mean that we have a good relationship and feeling about a high caliber player in the 2021 class and definitely want a scholarship available.
Wouldn't we expect to have two scholarships for 2021 as Cunningham is expect to be a lottery pick?

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Just speculation and guessing from me here so take it with a grain of salt. If we added Williams and Thor we would not have a scholarship to give in 2021 class because we would have no seniors next year. Could us adding Flavors who will be a senior and will allow us a scholarship in the 2021 class. That could mean that we have a good relationship and feeling about a high caliber player in the 2021 class and definitely want a scholarship available.
Thor and Cunningham will both most likely only spend a year in school so there's 2.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I know he injured his knee, but don't know how that correlates to an ACL tear? They even said it was a mild knee sprain..He injured is knee Nov 9th against Kansas City and was out 5 games.

Sep 23, 2010
We make room for Thor and Williams if they commit, as well as this Cal Baptist transfer, which would probably be bad news for Hiddie.

Jun 14, 2011
Thor and Cunningham will both most likely only spend a year in school so there's 2.
Is Thor THAT good? If that is even close to the case, we should be all in on going after him. Based soley on his highlights and frame, a single year and then going proffesional seems a bit of a stretch, however I would love to be proven wrong on that.

Nov 6, 2010
Is Thor THAT good? If that is even close to the case, we should be all in on going after him. Based soley on his highlights and frame, a single year and then going proffesional seems a bit of a stretch, however I would love to be proven wrong on that.
I think HE thinks he is that good. Now that we've Flavors, I'd rather us just get D. Williams and call it good.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
I think HE thinks he is that good. Now that we've Flavors, I'd rather us just get D. Williams and call it good.
Donovan Williams plays the same position as Flavors. Thor fits a bigger need for the roster, other than Kalib we don't really have a natural fit for the 4 spot. But I'd gladly take either of them.

Nov 6, 2010
Donovan Williams plays the same position as Flavors. Thor fits a bigger need for the roster, other than Kalib we don't really have a natural fit for the 4 spot. But I'd gladly take either of them.
Yea, I get it, but this kid just strikes me as a net negative, regardless of his skill with all the talk of going overseas, etc. Id rather have someone that wants to be at OSU than just looking for their best opportunity for cash as soon as possible.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
He was the #15 player in the 2021 class, before he reclassified to 2020.

Sep 23, 2010
Way we currently sit for next season

Guards :
Anderson, Harris, Walker, Flavors,

Versatile enough to play guard or forward:
Cunningham, Ice

Forwards:
Keylan, Moncrief, Hiddie

Bigs:
Yor, Kalib, Pena

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Flavors is a great pickup. For a roster that lacks a knockdown shooter, he fits the bill to a tee. Worse case, he fills the Dziagwa role while best case he finds a way in the starting lineup. Either way he’s a impact player that eats up a lot of minutes IMO.

When it comes to the last scholarship...give me Williams. I think we have enough size to get by. Boone and Hidde can play the 4 while yor and Pena manning the 5. If you want to play small...could go with Keylan and Moncrieffe as stretch 4’s. I’d love JT Thor, but I don’t think the season hinges on him coming or not.