2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
At this point, I think we need to be all-in next year. Boynton can’t hold anything back, we need to win next year for his job security.

So, I really think we need shooters the most. That is by far our #1 need. Somebody for Cade and Ice to kick out to after drives. Would really help our floor spacing too. A couple 3 and D options as grad transfers would be nice and hope one of them works out. Would kill for a Phil Forte type.

Waters and Dizzy are good shooters but they don’t play good D or take care of the ball, too many turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
Two quality grad transfers would be nice. They would also bring some experience and leadership to a team that will not have a senior on its roster next year. It spreads out the scholarships too, so we would have three to give for the 2021 class with Cade going pro.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2005
Oklahoma
I agree a shooter is a real need. But I'd argue that a big, thick strong inside presence is also needed; our tallest guys are really thin. Tho I assume they'll gain weight, it'd be nice to have a guy with size like a Darrent Williams or a Matt Pilgrim, someone who can go up against a guy like the ku center and hold his position.

Jun 14, 2011
I agree a shooter is a real need. But I'd argue that a big, thick strong inside presence is also needed; our tallest guys are really thin. Tho I assume they'll gain weight, it'd be nice to have a guy with size like a Darrent Williams or a Matt Pilgrim, someone who can go up against a guy like the ku center and hold his position.
Darrell Williams
D Williams.JPG

Dec 21, 2008
Peña still at Arlington? Crazy being from a large TX city we haven’t seen much at all. Some of his hilights last yr makes him look like an long athletic project like Yor. We are definitely getting some length for defense

Dec 21, 2008
Recent twitter talks showing we may have slowed on JT Thor. He is still a target but with the reclassifying and Kentucky and Auburn talks, maybe we just said on to the next one.

Donovan seems like a solid potential, hopefully KU doesn't sneak in late. Getting him in for an official is huge. I so wish we could see more behind the scenes on these visits like dinner photos, interactions with prospects, them hanging in the rec room in the locker room etc. Got a helluva class, guess April will come soon enough