2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Why is his recruiting so quiet? He on an AAU team? Top 150 player and 4 star from a decently large city and 7 offers with a couple being small schools?

Do you think we are waiting to see what Bryce does then if he goes to UNC we take RW? Or would we take Davonta, RW and BT?

Oct 29, 2016
US
Not sure if it's against guidance to post links. To be on the safe side, I will not post link. If I'm asked by anyone to provide link, I will.

A 2-day old.article featuring Cade Cunningham is disconcerting. Here's few quotes:

"Obviously that helps them having him (Cade's older brother) there, but I liked them anyway,” Cade said. “I’m not leaning to Oklahoma State or anything. He knows I have to do what’s best for me, and I’ll make my decision based on that."

And another

"The schools that have stayed solid with me have been great because our relationship has really grown,” Cade said. “I’m not gonna ask any schools to stay in touch. That’s on them. I’m happy for my brother, and he’ll be happy for me no matter what I do. That’s all that matters.”

This is disconcerting because Cade is referring to OSU, among others. He's said, paraphrasing, "just because you think you have something (referring to his older brother), doesn't mean you stop recruiting me.". That quote is taken from an article on 'Pistols Firing' Facebook page.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Not sure if it's against guidance to post links. To be on the safe side, I will not post link. If I'm asked by anyone to provide link, I will.

A 2-day old.article featuring Cade Cunningham is disconcerting. Here's few quotes:

"Obviously that helps them having him (Cade's older brother) there, but I liked them anyway,” Cade said. “I’m not leaning to Oklahoma State or anything. He knows I have to do what’s best for me, and I’ll make my decision based on that."

And another

"The schools that have stayed solid with me have been great because our relationship has really grown,” Cade said. “I’m not gonna ask any schools to stay in touch. That’s on them. I’m happy for my brother, and he’ll be happy for me no matter what I do. That’s all that matters.”

This is disconcerting because Cade is referring to OSU, among others. He's said, paraphrasing, "just because you think you have something (referring to his older brother), doesn't mean you stop recruiting me.". That quote is taken from an article on 'Pistols Firing' Facebook page.
Why would you think posting links is not allowed?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

And another

Well that goes way outside of everything we know about Boynton's character. In fact, we know that Boynton has stayed in touch with several guys he has recruited that chose to go elsewhere.

Seems like you're reading too far between the lines in order to be bearish on this... Which isn't shocking considering you're bearish on everything regarding OSU.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I mean... Really? Think about what was just posted for a little bit...

A coach that known for being pretty agressive with staying in touch with recruits. That prioritises family atmosphere. That is looking to build a program... And he just stops recruiting a transcendent athlete because he hired the athlete's brother?

Does that really make sense to anybody on this board? Think about it... Really think about it. Come on.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
I mean... Really? Think about what was just posted for a little bit...

A coach that known for being pretty agressive with staying in touch with recruits. That prioritises family atmosphere. That is looking to build a program... And he just stops recruiting a transcendent athlete because he hired the athlete's brother?

Does that really make sense to anybody on this board? Think about it... Really think about it. Come on.
Say Amen, I believe I believe.

Dec 7, 2006

And another

For the first quote, what so you expect him to say? "Oklahoma State hired my brother so obviously I'm going there"? That wouldn't make much sense.

For the second one, I don't think you're reading that USA Today article correct at all. He's talking about OTHER schools in his Top 10 that stopped recruiting him because OSU hired his brother. He's not saying Oklahoma State stopped recruiting him because it hired his brother. And also: Don't you think Cannen would be involved in the recruitment of his brother? Do you think he's not actively talking to his brother?

I don't think we're guaranteed to get Cade but I don't think it will be for lack of trying.

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Rondel has been killing it at Peach Jam. He’d be a hell of a pick up regardless if we get Bryce Thompson or not.
View attachment 71754
The problem with getting both is that numbers start to get tight. As of today we should have 4 open scholarships next year, Waters, McGriff, Dizzy, and Laurent. I know odds say someone else will leave early due to homesickness, lack of pt, the draft(?!?!) etc, but for now let's say we have 4. We already have Davonte Davis committed at the pg/combo guard. Hopefully we get Cunningham as it's projected. You know we'll add least one big man; Isaiah Todd, Jaylin Williams, Jon Aku, or Jaemyn Brakefield would all be amazing adds. That only leaves one open spot for Walker or Thompson.