2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
His dad played and coached at Tulsa so he has some kind of connection with the OU staff. Not sure if it is Crutchfield who was at ORU before joining Kruger at OU.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I don’t think we get Bryce Thompson. The OU basketball fans are very confident that it’s gonna come down to KU and OU. I think he showed us attention early in the process because his father is the Boone twins personal trainer. Many people believe it will come down to his fathers former head coach (Self) or his fathers friend Chris Crutchfield OU coaching assistant.

Dec 21, 2008
I honestly thinks he waits til season and watches how we develop everyone. If we are competing top 4 in conference and he can see a championship drive then he picks us. I think if KU runs away with the conference, then that blue collar momentum will get him. If ou doesn't have a PG and they promise him 30+ mins/game and allow him to avg 20ppg and he goes pro in 1-2 yrs (pending if he can add the bulk to compete at the highest level) then he may choose ou. I can see him at ku due to the notoriety and path to the pros but then again Stillwater is closer to his family to get to watch.

I think it is on our upcoming team, coaches' development of this new crew, and how BT fits in. If Isaac and Avery and Devonta are 3 deep PGs then it depends how Bryce fits in at the 2.

Mar 11, 2006
I still don’t see OU for him. I think KU is the leader. And I think TU might be a player in the sweepstakes.
OSU is in the mix. Boynton has stayed close to him and the Boone twins will help.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I still don’t see OU for him. I think KU is the leader. And I think TU might be a player in the sweepstakes.
OSU is in the mix. Boynton has stayed close to him and the Boone twins will help.
TU- tulsa- or do you mention University of Texas?

No way Tulsa has a shot at this kid LOL- He will be OSU, Kansas, North Carolina or Kentucky. He isn't going to OU.. Tulsa has no shot

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

No way Tulsa has a shot at this kid LOL- He will be OSU, Kansas, North Carolina or Kentucky. He isn't going to OU.. Tulsa has no shot
TU has a very good recruiter as their coach. Haith is perfectly willing to take some risks to land a guy like this... if you catch my drift...

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
TU has a very good recruiter as their coach. Haith is perfectly willing to take some risks to land a guy like this... if you catch my drift...
On that subject does anyone think the hammer is going to come down on KU for violations, thus knocking them out of the Bryce Thompson sweepstakes?

Mar 11, 2006

If you think TU does not have a shot, then you haven’t been following.

Bryce’s father (Rod) started and runs PWP. Rod played at TU and knows basketball very well and has extensive ties to the regional basketball community. Haith may have an assistant job open. Rod is a logical hire even without Bryce.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
On that subject does anyone think the hammer is going to come down on KU for violations, thus knocking them out of the Bryce Thompson sweepstakes?
No. I don't think anything is going to happen to anybody here. Maybe a no name program wrapped up in it with a troublemaker coach like Auburn... but the NCAA won't touch KU, Arizona, Michigan State, or any of the others in this thing.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Chris Crutchfield is expected to be leaving OU for Arkansas (same position) per OUHoops. This should most likely help OSU in Thompson’s recruitment. Many believed it was OU or Kansas for Bryce.

Oct 29, 2016
US
The buzz is that UNC has started a full-court press on Bryce. $100 bucks says he plays there. Would of course like to land him, tho I don't think we've ever really been a legitimate landing destination. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up

Mar 27, 2008
Chris Crutchfield is expected to be leaving OU for Arkansas (same position) per OUHoops. This should most likely help OSU in Thompson’s recruitment. Many believed it was OU or Kansas for Bryce.
That's interesting... I wonder if we will find out more on why he made the decision to leave for Arkansas.

Mar 27, 2008
OU hoop insiders claim he wanted to be named “coach in waiting” Arkansas came with an offer and OU decided not to match. Big blow to OU because he was their best recruiter.
Very interesting and it happened on the same weekend Bryce Thompson was taking his last official visit there.

I wonder what that means for Arkansas's chances with Bryce going forward. He did take an official visit there back in October.