Football 2020 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Dee Anderson WR from LSU? Immediate eligibility. He has played in 11/8/12 games each year, but did not play this year.

Not sure why we would pursue a 1 year WR, unless he is a complete game changer. I would rather line-up some of the younger players. McCray part II.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

https://247sports.com/Player/Dee-Anderson-58951/

https://twitter.com/DeeAnderson21/status/1224484433731911681
So wait, he's a 6'5", talented, 4 star WR with questionable work ethic. Didn't we just...

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Dee Anderson - LSU WR 4 star recruit
Best year: Junior 20 rec 274 yds (5 - 80 against La Tech, not much left for the other 12 games)
Going into Senior year. Suspended for 2 weeks for not doing off-season work, the suspension turns into a full year when he still doesn't get it. He did graduate in 4 years, so good job there.

OSU 2020 roster with notes from 2019:
WR
Wallace SR #1 WR
Stoner R-SR 599 yds
Johnson R-JR 491 yds/WR1 potential
Wolf R-SR Decreased usage last year
Shepherd R-SO No games
Anderson R-FR 1-8yds

Incoming Freshmen: Polk, Presley, Owens We like them, but no headliners. Sometimes we get a pleasant surprise here with an early contributor, but they need time on the field to contribute.

CW
Jelani Woods R-JR 112yds

Based on history, I don't see Dee Anderson passing up the top 3 (Wallace, Stoner, Johnson). So as the WR#4, who do you want Dee Anderson to take away game experience from heading into the 2021 season? Langston Anderson? Shepherd? Polk? Presley?

This is a slightly better version of McCray. McCray had 19 - 237, but OSU provided missed opportunities for young player development and several left. I do appreciate everything McCray did and he did come up with some big plays at critical times.

I know there is nothing official on Dee Anderson, but we are showing interest by having him visit. For a 1 year player, I don't think Dee Anderson is worth it. Maybe the coaches see it as "the YEAR" to go for it.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
It sure feels like this is the year if there's going to be a "the YEAR"
Based on the returning players, I agree.

Defensive Line a year older and hopefully an improved push.
LB's are back (Redwine-Bryant gone) plus Bundage return (if he returns to form, watch out)
Safety - Rodriguez and Peel back.
DB - Lose Green and Siverand, but Williams, Harper, Sterling (safety) back.

OL lose Wilson and Keyes, pick up Sills from WV. Another year under Dickey.
RB, WR, CW, and QB return.

Improved offensive play-calling and QB play, could be enough to make the jump to the Big12 Champ game and possible play-offs.

I would like to see an up-grade in the punting game.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Rodriguez played line backer all last year and he played really well. I wasn't aware he was moving back to safety. Bernard and Peel are back at safety. And they're bringing in the grad transfer from Mizzou at CB. I would like it if we never got any stats for punting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Rodriguez played line backer all last year and he played really well. I wasn't aware he was moving back to safety. Bernard and Peel are back at safety. And they're bringing in the grad transfer from Mizzou at CB. I would like it if we never got any stats for punting.

That’s right. Rodriguez did well on lots of tackles close to the line, especially when the RB bounced outside.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So we'll bring in Still, Holmes and Clay. All starters from there last program. Not sure if Clay would be projected to be a starter here (if eligible).
Bulock was a starter and isn't excepted to fill that roll in Stillwater.

All-in-all, a pretty good transfer-in class.

We lost about 9 guys to transfer-out. None were starters. Maybe Moore would be the only one expected to be a starter next year ?

Looks like the Portal worked in our favor this year.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
So we'll bring in Still, Holmes and Clay. All starters from there last program. Not sure if Clay would be projected to be a starter here (if eligible).
Bulock was a starter and isn't excepted to fill that roll in Stillwater.

All-in-all, a pretty good transfer-in class.

We lost about 9 guys to transfer-out. None were starters. Maybe Moore would be the only one expected to be a starter next year ?

Looks like the Portal worked in our favor this year.
I think Jeter and Boomer could have been solid for us as well as Cardwell. The guys we have coming in, transfer wise I am excited about.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

And he played much better at LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007