2020 FOOTBALL depth chart (best guess)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Throwing to the tight end isn't as simple as put a big guy in and toss him the ball. Jelani is quick off the ball and can run well, but doesn't yet have a sense of finding space in the zone. He's also very slow in his breaks. Charlie Kolar isn't a great receiving tight end because he's more athletic than Jelani. It's because he knows exactly where to be against zone coverage and is excellent at keeping smaller players walled off by using his body. Jason Witten got to the Hall of Fame this way. Jelani had 16 catches and 1 TD last year. He’s not good enough yet to get 40 and 8, but 25 and 5 would be great.
A 6’7” guy breaks in different time zones.

All kidding aside, there are things you can do with his skill set that play well off China’s running threat.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Playmakers win games no doubt, but having players on the field who are undisciplined and not fundamentally sound lose games. IMO he plays a good amount of snaps, just not starter snaps. He could be in sub packages as a pass rusher. I just don’t see him supplanting Amen or Malcolm. They have a stranglehold on their respective positions.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
If Bundage is healthy, and admittedly that is a big “if”, it is lunacy (IMO) to think he should not be on the field for the majority of snaps. He is a playmaker. Playmakers win big games.
I feel like this is a misunderstood cliche. People think he is playmaker when they see his awesome, aggressive highlights. Unfortunately, there are significantly more plays where opponents are at best moving the chains and at worst gaining chunk yardage because he was over-aggressive and either committed a bad penalty or was massively out of position.

Josephus33

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
A 6’7” guy breaks in different time zones.

All kidding aside, there are things you can do with his skill set that play well off China’s running threat.
I’m shocked he’s become as good of a blocker as he is. It’s much more difficult to become a good blocker than receiver IMO. He’ll come around eventually. I just hope it’s while he’s still in college.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I’m shocked he’s become as good of a blocker as he is. It’s much more difficult to become a good blocker than receiver IMO. He’ll come around eventually. I just hope it’s while he’s still in college.
He’s just a heavy bacon cheeseburger diet away from being an OT.