2020 Fall Camp thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I really think the issue was with the crowds in the stadiums not the players so much. At least that is where I see the risk.
They decided to cancel when the Penn State Dr. came out & mistakenly claimed a third of COVID positives athletes were positive for cardiomyosis. This was a reversal of course from their decision 2 weeks earlier.

Then, it was revealed that the Dr. was only repeating something he'd been told & that he got bad information.

Liability was clearly a concern for them.

Fast forward & the PAC12's deal for cheap, daily testing is a game-changer.

As for the playoffs, screw the B1G. Every Big 12 fan should be angry (well, maybe not KU fans...) if a B1G team gets let in, given the 'lack of data points' they'll have.

Nov 6, 2010
They decided to cancel when the Penn State Dr. came out & mistakenly claimed a third of COVID positives athletes were positive for cardiomyosis. This was a reversal of course from their decision 2 weeks earlier.

Then, it was revealed that the Dr. was only repeating something he'd been told & that he got bad information.

Liability was clearly a concern for them.

Fast forward & the PAC12's deal for cheap, daily testing is a game-changer.

As for the playoffs, screw the B1G. Every Big 12 fan should be angry (well, maybe not KU fans...) if a B1G team gets let in, given the 'lack of data points' they'll have.
Meh, I don't have a problem with the abbreviated B1G champ getting in as long as they don't bump the Big 12 champ for a second SEC team. Of course Ohio State is a really good team, assuming they win they win the conference.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
If Ohio state runs the table, I have no problem letting them in. I want the four best teams in the playoffs, not the most deserving!! We have to run the table go get in IMO. If we have one loss, it leaves room for a 2nd SEC team.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
So, to teachum & 9953, you're okay with a tOSU playing 2 or 3 less games & still getting in?

I think it's patently absurd that a school could play that many fewer games than other teams & jump over those teams. I think it's particularly relevant given the playoff committee's message to the Big 12 that data points matter, so just saying 'yeah, they're missing 2 or 3 data points there, but that's no big deal' is crazy.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
So, to teachum & 9953, you're okay with a tOSU playing 2 or 3 less games & still getting in?

I think it's patently absurd that a school could play that many fewer games than other teams & jump over those teams. I think it's particularly relevant given the playoff committee's message to the Big 12 that data points matter, so just saying 'yeah, they're missing 2 or 3 data points there, but that's no big deal' is crazy.
They punished the Big 12 when they didn’t have a Conference Championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk