2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Funny story!

Not as funny as actually thinking what you just said applies to only one party.
It’s a very sad story, and not a joke at all. I’m leaving out some details to respect his privacy, so it’s a little simplified. He’s a really amazing person and remarried well. It’s just sad he and his kids had to go through a lot of pain to get there.

I never said it applies only to one party, but it’s rampant with Trump. I’m a Republican and I hate seeing how he has twisted the party into his own distorted personality. I’m holding onto hope that we can restore the conservative principles the party was built upon. Only time will tell.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Oh I think they are true Republicans. They are dyed in the wool DC-insider Republicans. Not saying that’s a good or bad thing, but I think that’s what most of those people are. That’s a huge failing on Trump’s part IMO that he didn’t bring in all DC outsiders to run his admin.
And they can't stand it that Trump doesn't need their advice on the ME, or whatever else they want to sell. Rockefeller Republicans can be swamp people too.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
More like he downplays severe turbulence, makes everyone wonder if seatbelts really work, says they can roam about the cabin if they want... then those people get hurt when turbulence rocks the plane. And the pilot takes no responsibility. (Only worse in reality, because MANY people died as a result.)

This narrative that Trump was trying to avoid panic is vapid. He lied. He mislead people and hundreds of thousands have died. You can be honest and prepare people for difficulties. It’s called leadership. Winston Churchill was an exemplar of this. Bring out the best in our people, don’t lie to our faces.

Mar 11, 2006
I’m a Republican and I hate seeing how he has twisted the party into his own distorted personality. I’m holding onto hope that we can restore the conservative principles the party was built upon. Only time will tell.
You’ve stated your a Republican several times on this site. I certainly understand and agree that a Republican can be anti-Trump, but you seem to be lean-in against a lot of what the typical conservative would fall. I, for one, am certainly more libertarian than conservative.

But what about you: Are you against higher taxes? Are you for reducing government spending? Are you for constitutionalists being named judges? Are you for states rights? Are you for eliminating a lot of regulation?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
DeVos Chief of Staff joins Anti Trump group and vows to vote for Biden
You keep posting these like you think it either means something or will change someones mind. I can do something similar. "Black guy who works for Trump and spoke at the RNC about what a great guy he is will vote for him."
He should look at the walkaway campaign. Plenty of liberals tired of the hatred and identity politics of the left.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Those stupid Republicans aren't true Republicans! Those Republicans who worked for Trump and Pence and his admin who are now against Trump weren't true Republicans

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I have a friend who told me this true story.

Years ago, he and his wife were members of a large, charismatic church in Tulsa. She believed Christians had the market on truth and were the only ones going to heaven. Not a huge surprise, as many Christians believe this.

A few years later, she tells him, “I don’t think other denominations are real Christians. Charismatic are the only ones going to heaven.”

Some time later, she had revised her thinking. “I don’t think all charismatics follow the truth like our church. I think only members of our church are going to heaven.”

Eventually she felt only their small group of 5 families would be allowed in heaven. Then she shared only their family of 4 would enter the Pearly Gates. Finally, she confronted him and told him he was no longer a true believer. She was the only one going to heaven.

He was crushed. They got a divorce and he had to move on, which was for the best. He tried to get her mental health assistance, but she was so delusional that she of course couldn’t admit she needed help.

This is where some Trump supporters land. Once someone disagrees with Trump, they’re not real Republicans. They’re RINOs, part of the swamp, Or Deep State. It’s amazing they cannot see who is at the center of all the lies.
Honestly I've known many charismatic churches that like to think they have the market cornered on heaven. Add in 7th day Adventists, Jehovah's witnesses and you get an interesting crowd.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You’ve stated your a Republican several times on this site. I certainly understand and agree that a Republican can be anti-Trump, but you seem to be lean-in against a lot of what the typical conservative would fall. I, for one, am certainly more libertarian than conservative.

But what about you: Are you against higher taxes? Are you for reducing government spending? Are you for constitutionalists being named judges? Are you for states rights? Are you for eliminating a lot of regulation?
I’m fiscally conservative and socially moderate. Probably closer to libertarian socially. There are nuances to your questions, but the oversimplified answers would be yes, yes, yes, yes, and somewhat. If you look at my posting history, you’ll see several comments to about reducing the national debt, upholding the constitution, and states’ rights. Those are some of my biggest beefs with Trump, along with his disrespect for our veterans which points to another conservative principle I hold (my grandfather was a recipient of a Purple Heart during WWII, and my FIL is a retired Army colonel).

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I’m fiscally conservative and socially moderate. Probably closer to libertarian socially. There are nuances to your questions, but the oversimplified answers would be yes, yes, yes, yes, and somewhat. If you look at my posting history, you’ll see several comments to about reducing the national debt, upholding the constitution, and states’ rights. Those are some of my biggest beefs with Trump, along with his disrespect for our veterans which points to another conservative principle I hold (my grandfather was a recipient of a Purple Heart during WWII, and my FIL is a retired Army colonel).
He hasn't disrespected any veterans. I mean the guy is gone out of his way to pick up a hat for a marine that blew off his head He's constantly had disabled veterans to the White House to talk with them he's been at one of the Air Force bases when the remains of a fallen soldier were being returned. And that stupid stuff about the cemetery is obviously untrue and uncorroborated because a ton of people who were there put their names to it and said it never happened. And you want to talk about the Constitution for instance right now he's got the opportunity to nominate a constitutionalist judge to the supreme Court another one. That right there is the best way to uphold the Constitution. as for states rights he didn't overstep any states when it came to covet when he could have and been justified in doing it according to many liberals to step his foot down and be authoritarian and he wasn't.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
He hasn't disrespected any veterans. I mean the guy is gone out of his way to pick up a hat for a marine that blew off his head He's constantly had disabled veterans to the White House to talk with them he's been at one of the Air Force bases when the remains of a fallen soldier were being returned. And that stupid stuff about the cemetery is obviously untrue and uncorroborated because a ton of people who were there put their names to it and said it never happened. And you want to talk about the Constitution for instance right now he's got the opportunity to nominate a constitutionalist judge to the supreme Court another one. That right there is the best way to uphold the Constitution. as for states rights he didn't overstep any states when it came to covet when he could have and been justified in doing it according to many liberals to step his foot down and be authoritarian and he wasn't.

Was John McCain a veteran? He disrespected him numerous times. He disrespected all POWs when he said he prefers people who haven’t been captured. He disrespected Gold Star parents whose son died serving in Iraq. He dodged the draft and no member of his family has served in the military. He gets his photo ops with veterans just like he did with evangelical Christian church leaders... to get the vote from his base. But that doesn’t make him a Christian or someone who honestly respects our veterans. He’s a charlatan. Look at his past and everything up to 2012. He’s being the same shill he’s been all his life. He is who we thought he was.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

Was John McCain a veteran? He disrespected him numerous times. He disrespected all POWs when he said he prefers people who haven’t been captured. He disrespected Gold Star parents whose son died serving in Iraq. He dodged the draft and no member of his family has served in the military. He gets his photo ops with veterans just like he did with evangelical Christian church leaders... to get the vote from his base. But that doesn’t make him a Christian or someone who honestly respects our veterans. He’s a charlatan. Look at his past and everything up to 2012. He’s being the same shill he’s been all his life. He is who we thought he was.
Lol he attacked McCain after McCain attacked him. He is a counter puncher. Same thing with the "gold star" family that attacked him. He punched right back. Its why people love him. He doesn't allow people to get away with it like Bush did. Bush just sat there and let people bludgeon him upside the head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I don't know about you but I've read stories from actual veterans who've met him talk to him engaged with him and not in the public eye. This wasn't him trying to do photo ops. This was him being genuinely down to earth and talking with them and listening to them. He's also visited wounded in the hospital many times without it being turned into photo ops. He's met with families while they watch the remains of a loved one be unloaded from a transport.
You're truthfully riding this McCain thing as if that one instance defines him on everything rather than to look at the sum of every other interaction he has with veterans/military. The ultimate sign that he cares for our military is the fact he is trying to bring them home, while fighting the war mongers over it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
While McCain was a veteran, i believe Trump took offense to him losing the last election to Obama and felt he failed. He also, correctly, saw McCain as a member of the Military Industrial Complex that needs war to keep the supply chain running and the money pouring in. Trumps ways are not to my taste but they are honest and up front, which is something we are NOT used to seeing in American Political life...so I agree with others that is actually, weirdly, a strength.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

Don't forget the major reforms Trump has pushed for the VA...that was hugely important for veterans. I just don't see the disrespect to veterans that people keep spouting. Just goes to show you how much influence the media actually has to control the narrative. Trump is an a-hole, no question, and he has been a-hole to some people who were also veterans...I don't like that and have called it out repeatedly. But IMO, I think his respect for veterans in general is one of the few genuine things about the man.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Look, someone asked me specifically about my conservative principles and I answered him. You guys zeroed I’m on the veterans comment. Wrenhal said he never disrespected ANY veterans. I gave two instances off the top of my head that I knew were documented without using unnamed sources. It’s not even my major point, but you can’t truthfully say he never disrespected any veterans.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump promised yesterday that ALL Americans would be able to get the vaccine by April....this would require 53.3 million vials to be produced and shipped and equipment made to distribute the vaccine EACH MONTH between Oct 1 and the end of March...and we don't have a vaccine yet!!!

Anyone buying this crap?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, Trump parades are a thing all over the country. Including Boat parades. Well, here's an interesting one.
An Amish Buggy Parade.

amish.jpg

amish2.jpg