2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
You keep posting these like you think it either means something or will change someones mind. I can do something similar. "Black guy who works for Trump and spoke at the RNC about what a great guy he is will vote for him."
It’s a great way for people who aren’t in the administration anymore to start paving the way for their entry back into the swamp in the future. It’s not surprising at all but I don’t see how anyone can put stock in it. Like you said, people can tit for tat this kind of stuff all day long.

Dec 9, 2013
The internment of Japanese Americans by FDR was supposedly to save lives as well. Similar reasons for Lincoln's suspension of habeus corpus and for the Patriot act after 9/11. Safety, security, life, etc.

The blueprint given here is how the government can scare the US populace into giving up their freedom. Any enemy wanting to bring the US to it's knees has learned they would have to suffer through the same thing because these kind of things are global.

You can argue it's a balancing act to save lives all you want and it might even be practical.....But it is STILL an infringement on civil liberties and one of the most wide spread examples of it in our history. If you believe it is to save lives then you should be equally as critical of people assembling for protests as you are of people assembling for church. Maybe you are, I don't know.
Serious ? What freedoms or liberties were taken by the govt?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Serious ? What freedoms or liberties were taken by the govt?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It’s a great way for people who aren’t in the administration anymore to start paving the way for their entry back into the swamp in the future. It’s not surprising at all but I don’t see how anyone can put stock in it. Like you said, people can tit for tat this kind of stuff all day long.
Dear god. Who has a derangement syndrome?
1600461051025.jpg

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Those stupid Republicans aren't true Republicans! Those Republicans who worked for Trump and Pence and his admin who are now against Trump weren't true Republicans

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I have a friend who told me this true story.

Years ago, he and his wife were members of a large, charismatic church in Tulsa. She believed Christians had the market on truth and were the only ones going to heaven. Not a huge surprise, as many Christians believe this.

A few years later, she tells him, “I don’t think other denominations are real Christians. Charismatic are the only ones going to heaven.”

Some time later, she had revised her thinking. “I don’t think all charismatics follow the truth like our church. I think only members of our church are going to heaven.”

Eventually she felt only their small group of 5 families would be allowed in heaven. Then she shared only their family of 4 would enter the Pearly Gates. Finally, she confronted him and told him he was no longer a true believer. She was the only one going to heaven.

He was crushed. They got a divorce and he had to move on, which was for the best. He tried to get her mental health assistance, but she was so delusional that she of course couldn’t admit she needed help.

This is where some Trump supporters land. Once someone disagrees with Trump, they’re not real Republicans. They’re RINOs, part of the swamp, Or Deep State. It’s amazing they cannot see who is at the center of all the lies.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Those stupid Republicans aren't true Republicans! Those Republicans who worked for Trump and Pence and his admin who are now against Trump weren't true Republicans

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Oh I think they are true Republicans. They are dyed in the wool DC-insider Republicans. Not saying that’s a good or bad thing, but I think that’s what most of those people are. That’s a huge failing on Trump’s part IMO that he didn’t bring in all DC outsiders to run his admin.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have a friend who told me this true story.

Years ago, he and his wife were members of a large, charismatic church in Tulsa. She believed Christians had the market on truth and were the only ones going to heaven. Not a huge surprise, as many Christians believe this.

A few years later, she tells him, “I don’t think other denominations are real Christians. Charismatic are the only ones going to heaven.”

Some time later, she had revised her thinking. “I don’t think all charismatics follow the truth like our church. I think only members of our church are going to heaven.”

Eventually she felt only their small group of 5 families would be allowed in heaven. Then she shared only their family of 4 would enter the Pearly Gates. Finally, she confronted him and told him he was no longer a true believer. She was the only one going to heaven.

He was crushed. They got a divorce and he had to move on, which was for the best. He tried to get her mental health assistance, but she was so dillusional that she of course couldn’t admit she needed help.

This is where some Trump supporters land. Once someone disagrees with Trump, they’re not real Republicans. They’re RINOs, part of the swamp, Or Deep State. It’s amazing they cannot see who is at the center of all the lies.
Funny story!

Not as funny as actually thinking what you just said applies to only one party.