2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
1) you are using Oklahoma stats and not Tulsa County
2) you are using 7-day rolling average
3) three weeks before rally the average was 8 cases/day. The day before the rally there was 138 cases.

I think a 15x increase in cases prior to the day of rally can safely be described as a spike, agree?
June 20th...Tulsa County. I would agree there was a slight spike ahead of June 20th, but it was just the tip of the iceberg for Tulsa County and Tulsa County has only seen a hand full of days under that "Spike" in the last 3.5 months.

You can darn sure tell all hell broke loose come July for COVID in Tulsa County and its been all over the map since..including the largest spike recorded so far in the county 2 weeks after the Trump rally/4th of July timeframe.

Will be interesting to see this graph a couple weeks after labor day

1600288700742.png

Mar 11, 2006
June 20th...Tulsa County. I would agree there was a slight spike ahead of June 20th, but it was just the tip of the iceberg for Tulsa County and Tulsa County has only seen a hand full of days under that "Spike" in the last 3.5 months.

You can darn sure tell all hell broke loose come July for COVID in Tulsa County and its been all over the map since..including the largest spike recorded so far in the county 2 weeks after the Trump rally/4th of July timeframe.

View attachment 85682
Nice state of Oklahoma graph. Let’s look at Tulsa County. The Tulsa County 2nd spike occurred July 25th. That is a full one-month after the rally. Surely you can’t blame the Trump rally on that.

Also, the 7-day rolling average increased 1136% from three weeks prior to the rally to the day before the rally. Again, I hope you would agree that Trump rally can’t be blamed on that.
From the day of the Trump rally to July 24th, the daily average did increase, but only 11%. Was the slight 11% due to Trump rally or was it just a continuation of the 1136% increase prior to rally?
in any event, obvious that data shows that Trump rally can’t be legitimately used as an example of virus case increases.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Do these guys know something I don't? I've seen so many articles on vaccine distribution the past couple of weeks with dates for distribution... but there have been zero approved vaccines and the latest from Pfizer shows some mild-moderate side-effects. Everyone is acting like this is a guarantee and we have to stick to the dates set months ago. Are we at a point we can say that? Or have we just decided that no matter the efficacy, we're releasing vaccines into the general public in three weeks?
Every vaccine has some side effects some are serious and some are very minor. Approval always depends upon proven risk vs benefits ratios. Now in Oklahoma the death rate among all testing positive is reported to be about 1.3%. Long term moribidity from the virus is unknown.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Nice state of Oklahoma graph. Let’s look at Tulsa County. The Tulsa County 2nd spike occurred July 25th. That is a full one-month after the rally. Surely you can’t blame the Trump rally on that.

Also, the 7-day rolling average increased 1136% rom three weeks prior to the rally to the day before the rally. Again, I hope you would agree that Trump rally can’t be blamed on that.
From the day of the Trump rally to July 24th, the daily average did increase, but only 11%. Was the slight 11% due to Trump rally or was it just a continuation of the 1136% increase prior to rally?
in any event, obvious that data shows that Trump rally can’t be legitimately used as an example of virus case increases.
I'm not saying the Trump rally was the cause of anything. The whole story was the Oklahoma Health officials were concerned and were emailing each other but decided not to speak up prior to the rally. And no I don't blame the Trump rally, sure it was a part of it, but 4th of July was the major driving factor.

The point of The Hill story isn't about the Trump rally, it is about State Officials who are concerned over holding the Trump rally and their communication to that fact and that they decided not to speak up to share those concerns

Here is Tulsa county graph and I have pointed out June 20

1600290042256.png

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What makes it news is that the Health officials of Oklahoma had serious reservations about it happening and were unwilling to speak up too much on the topic and were discussing just how strong they needed to voice their concerns...why were they scared to speak up ?

That is the news.
Exactly my point. Did the health officials have serious reservations about people going back to work and restaurants opening back up? I think that would be much more of a concern regarding the spread of covid than a rally with maybe 8000 people. Why were these health officials concerned about one and not the other? And if they were, why is one news and the other isn't? Well because orange man bad that's why.

Mar 11, 2006
Exactly my point. Did the health officials have serious reservations about people going back to work and restaurants opening back up? I think that would be much more of a concern regarding the spread of covid than a rally with maybe 8000 people. Why were these health officials concerned about one and not the other? And if they were, why is one news and the other isn't? Well because orange man bad that's why.
Bingo!
And why were they not similarly concerned with the large multiple protests that started three weeks prior. Or the Juneteenth celebration planned the day before the Trump rally.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Bingo!
And why were they not similarly concerned with the large multiple protests that started three weeks prior. Or the Juneteenth celebration planned the day before the Trump rally.
Thanks for reminding me, how can I forget about that. Were these same health official concerned about the protests? If they were, we know why they would be scared to speak out about concerns then, because they would be called racists and probably lost their job. Again, why is one news and the other isn't? Why is one cause for concern and the other isn't? Because orange man bad, that's why.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Bingo!
Da 'ro is only passed at Trump events. Don't you know that already?? Not one reported case from all those peaceful protestors on the mall in DC... or at those nice bonfires in Portlandia

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Was Joe married at the time? How about Jill? FoxNews Ukraine stories about Joe Biden have been proven false. If there was any truth why didn’t a Republican controlled House &/or Senate investigate? Convenient now that he announces for Pres that Rudy uses a Ukrainian in bed w Russian Oligarchs to “investigate.” And the Senate led by a GOP Senator w ties to Russia is now investigating. Oh and Trump wasn’t just accused he had charges brought and was impeached.
Jill was married. Joe wrecked her car and then her husband found out.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Unblocking is not an endorsement.

She was part of the demon sex lady’s “press conference.” Seems legit.

It wasn’t a complete ban. It restricted use to hospitalized patients. It was to keep people from stockpiling it unnecessarily. Doctors and pharmacists agreed with the measure.

Seriously, could you please stop spamming the boards with these extreme, non-credible, conspiracy theory sources? ugh.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

View attachment 85682
Yep, especially since it will make absolutely no scientific sense because we started adding "probable" cases day after labor day and didn't go back and add them to the historical data. In other words...it won't mean squat unless it is down...then it will mean it's WAY WAY down.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I wonder if this same unnamed source also heard Trump call Big Ten schools “suckers” and “losers”. :)
Unnamed sources are used a lot. I don’t blame them with the way Trump and his followers crucify anyone in their way. At least it was identified as a university president. But, I guess since it didn’t come from Breitbart some won’t trust it. Geez.