2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Is this a serious ?. I get the China part but is there so much TGS going on that we think we should work w Russia? Let’s start w religious persecution. Then move on to the fact there are no freedoms in country. No free press. The govt oppresses it’s own people and even murders it’s own citizens especially opposition. Then let’s look at them internationally and their active involvement in taking down democracies not to mention their support of murderous regimes. Iran✅Syria✅NoKo✅
If Trump wins who thinks NATO survives. Then what happens to the rest of Ukraine not to mention Eastern Europe.

This is what I mean when I criticize your pro life stance. It has to be every life. Not just babies in the womb. But sure let’s work w a guy who kills his own people and persecutes our fellow brothers and sisters.
None of those are good enough reasons to not ease up on them. We partner with countries that do all of those things to an even worse degree than Russia. Alliances are based on one thing, and that's common mutual interest.

China is the biggest threat to the planet since the Soviet Union and we need all the help we can get when it comes to isolating them. Nixon split them back in the 70's, maybe it's time to try it the other way. I don't want to fight a war... we just need to contain, isolate, repeat. It becomes infinitely more doable working with the Russians that it will be working against them.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
He’s not wrong it’s just his way of saying they can “explode,” when he should just say they are highly combustible. He might not have that one in his vocabulary. He’s from Queen’s NY after all...give him a break.

He’s also not an environmentalist. But if we reduce the fuel then we reduce the fire. This is just truth. Over the past 150 years we haven’t managed the forest properly. We didn’t let smaller natural fires burn so that forest would be different ages. When forest are different ages they are more resistant to bugs. Bugs have killed a huge percentage of forest that sit dead. When they sit dead and finally fall no one is cleaning that up they should be harvested while standing. When they fall they are already very dry. Have you been to wolf creek pass over the past decade? The high altitude spruce and fir forest was old and mature, we didn’t get the very very cold winters (warming is real) and the bugs Flourished. Without the trees being different ages due to over fire management...we had a mass die off from the bugs eating old unfit trees. This is a combination effect...much like our politics the truth is ideally in-between the two extremes.
Anyone that understands forest fires will tell you Trump is dead on with this one.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Trump needs to claim he had the vaccine up and running before the election. He has been pushing that angle for a few weeks. In reality it isn't feasible at this time. Trump is playing politics with the vaccine. Everyone who ISN'T up for election is saying early next year when a reliable vaccine will be ready and mass immunizations mid 2021.

There is about 0 chance of going from an approval out of 100's of candidates...mass production of said approved vaccine, distribution of vaccine and mass public vaccinations in the next 3 weeks. Now, that doesn't mean that Trump won't push something through and people will be taking shots, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the person taking what ever will be in that vial.
This isn't just Trump saying this. It's the CDC and the private institutions themselves. The only difference is when the distribution will happen, not the vaccine itself. They all seem to tacitly agree that it will be approved in weeks.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
You mean the same CDC whose head just testified to the Senate and said things that are contradictory to what they have on their own website? that guy?

Follow Alex. He has been dead right on a lot of this stuff for MONTHS.
That dude is a great follow to get a non-hysterical look at Covid. As time goes on his views get proven more and more correct.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Is this a serious ?. I get the China part but is there so much TGS going on that we think we should work w Russia? Let’s start w religious persecution. Then move on to the fact there are no freedoms in country. No free press. The govt oppresses it’s own people and even murders it’s own citizens especially opposition. Then let’s look at them internationally and their active involvement in taking down democracies not to mention their support of murderous regimes. Iran✅Syria✅NoKo✅
If Trump wins who thinks NATO survives. Then what happens to the rest of Ukraine not to mention Eastern Europe.

This is what I mean when I criticize your pro life stance. It has to be every life. Not just babies in the womb. But sure let’s work w a guy who kills his own people and persecutes our fellow brothers and sisters.
HacklemanPoke - it was a simple question to which you gave a scalding answer. Yep, I'm serious that once Putin is gone Russia has potential because they are now a semi capitalist nation...certainly I don't disagree with you pointing out the bad things they have done over the past decade but they aren't the Soviet Union no matter how much Putin wants that to return completely. Once again, we don't disagree overall, it was just a question.

Btw, Trump wanting to make peace with Russia isn't bad...it's just unrealistic until Putin is gone....and NO I don't think they are buddies since Trump has done this...
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-actions-against-russia-sanctions-2018-3

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
My guess is that the decision to reopen the economy in oklahoma had the biggest impact on increasing covid cases and would have happened with or without the rally. It is however quite impossible to prove one way or the other....which of course makes it news by today's standards in the media.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
My guess is that the decision to reopen the economy in oklahoma had the biggest impact on increasing covid cases and would have happened with or without the rally. It is however quite impossible to prove one way or the other....which of course makes it news by today's standards in the media.
What makes it news is that the Health officials of Oklahoma had serious reservations about it happening and were unwilling to speak up too much on the topic and were discussing just how strong they needed to voice their concerns...why were they scared to speak up ?

That is the news.

Mar 11, 2006
outbreak Begin 3 weeks before the Trump rally?

The Trump Rally was June 20. I marked here

View attachment 85681
1) you are using Oklahoma stats and not Tulsa County
2) you are using 7-day rolling average
3) three weeks before rally the average was 8 cases/day. The day before the rally there was 138 cases.

I think a 15x increase in cases prior to the day of rally can safely be described as a spike, agree?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah right. That is cover your ass 101. He didn't say anything because he didn't, not because of fear. Revising history to cover his ass and be political. I know these people. The bureaucracies there are still rabid leftists. Not democrats, leftists.