2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
And Creepy Joe is? He hooked up with the Jillster while she was working on his campaign, he actually did to Ukraine what Trump was accused, his son fleeced Ukraine and China while knocking up a stripper and dating his dead brother's wife, and that's what we know about. There is no moral high ground in this one
Was Joe married at the time? How about Jill? FoxNews Ukraine stories about Joe Biden have been proven false. If there was any truth why didn’t a Republican controlled House &/or Senate investigate? Convenient now that he announces for Pres that Rudy uses a Ukrainian in bed w Russian Oligarchs to “investigate.” And the Senate led by a GOP Senator w ties to Russia is now investigating. Oh and Trump wasn’t just accused he had charges brought and was impeached.

Dec 9, 2013
Yeah, you really think Trump had something to do with that? That seems incredibly delusional to me.

The Big 10 saw a couple weeks of football go with few issues and didnt want to be left out. They also have no bye weeks and a 5% team covid threshhold, so there are going to be cancelled games.
Funny how when a black Athlete speaks up or protests he’s called a “Son of a bitch” or told to just shut up and dribble while the right gets up in arms and says keep politics out of sports. Yet it’s somehow ok and we heap praise on a white man for mixing politics & sports. Funny how that works.

Mar 11, 2006
Yeah, you really think Trump had something to do with that? That seems incredibly delusional to me.

The Big 10 saw a couple weeks of football go with few issues and didnt want to be left out. They also have no bye weeks and a 5% team covid threshhold, so there are going to be cancelled games.
You continue to miss the point. This thread is about the 2020 election. And swing states are going to determine our President for the next four years. A small amount of independent and undetermined voters may very well select the President.

If you don’t think some people in swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin won’t give him credit, then it is not me being delusional. He certainly is not going to be harmed by the Big Ten playing and it is only upside for him. Is it enough to push Trump to victory, who knows? My guess is Nate Silver is probably correct and Arizona is actually the key. But the Big 10’s action does nothing, but help Trump.

Last edited:

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
You're still hedging. Did you know that nicotine is the most addictive substance known to man? You've heard of nicotine, right?
False
https://www.addictioncenter.com/community/these-are-the-5-most-addictive-substances-on-earth/

Also one could argue that sugar is just as if not more addictive than nicotine and more people die every year from heart disease due to obesity than from nicotine/tobacco use.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-scientists-row-over-effect-on-body-and-brain

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
False
https://www.addictioncenter.com/community/these-are-the-5-most-addictive-substances-on-earth/

Also one could argue that sugar is just as if not more addictive than nicotine and more people die every year from heart disease due to obesity than from nicotine/tobacco use.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-scientists-row-over-effect-on-body-and-brain
I’d be willing to bet we all know more food addicts than we know all other types of addicts combined.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
You continue to miss the point. This thread is about the 2020 election. And swing states are going to determine our President for the next four years. A small amount of independent and undetermined voters may very well select the President.

If you don’t think some people in swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin won’t give him credit, then it is not me being delusional. He certainly is not going to be harmed by the Big Ten playing and it is only upside for him. Is it enough to push Trump to victory, who knows? My guess is Nate Silver is probably correct and Arizona is actually the key. But the Big 10’s action does nothing, but help Trump.
I don't think you know what a point is.

The people who give him credit are going to be the same people who were already voting for him in the first place. Do you really think there is that many undecideds right now? This is not going to move the needle when there are about 30 things that are larger political issues right now.

Mar 11, 2006
I don't think you know what a point is.

The people who give him credit are going to be the same people who were already voting for him in the first place. Do you really think there is that many undecideds right now? This is not going to move the needle when there are about 30 things that are larger political issues right now.
Take off your orange-man bad glasses.

Football is big. But it doesn’t take a huge amount of people moving to vote for Trump or Biden to decide the election. It may be a very small amount of undecided moving one way or another. The fact is Trump did push for the Big Ten to play. The fact is Trump did have a call two weeks ago with the commish of the Big Ten and urged them to play. He will get credit for them playing.

Your TDS dismissed this as fake news three weeks ago, but it is certainly real news now.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Was Joe married at the time? How about Jill? FoxNews Ukraine stories about Joe Biden have been proven false. If there was any truth why didn’t a Republican controlled House &/or Senate investigate? Convenient now that he announces for Pres that Rudy uses a Ukrainian in bed w Russian Oligarchs to “investigate.” And the Senate led by a GOP Senator w ties to Russia is now investigating. Oh and Trump wasn’t just accused he had charges brought and was impeached.
Question...why do we still hate Russia so much now that communism has fallen and they share a Western capitalistic world view (at least in theory)? Granted Putin is scummy with some of the military moves he's made and we need him done and gone, but shouldn't we try to work them out of their former world domination mindset and create them as a market (albeit it smaller) instead of China who seems to be much more of an issue these days in terms of their political world view, releasing covid accidentally and not sharing information? Honestly I don't know the answer, but this isn't the Soviet Union anymore...it's more like organized crime, sort of like Italy post WWII...who we worked into a partner rather than an enemy...Just some random thoughts...

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Take off your orange-man bad glasses.

Football is big. But it doesn’t take a huge amount of people moving to vote for Trump or Biden to decide the election. It may be a very small amount of undecided moving one way or another. The fact is Trump did push for the Big Ten to play. The fact is Trump did have a call two weeks ago with the commish of the Big Ten and urged them to play. He will get credit for them playing.

Your TDS dismissed this as fake news three weeks ago, but it is certainly real news now.
Trump pushed the Big 10 to play a few weeks back, and nothing happened until now. He didn't continue pushing, nor did he even take credit for getting them to play which is very un-Trump like. If he had anything to do with it, we would not hear the end of him trying to take credit for it.

But hey, don't let me ruin your narrative, no matter how far from the truth it is.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Positive view moving forward....

I'm starting to feel more positive about the countries reaction no matter who wins the election...I'm hopeful things like Trump doing the town hall and attempting to hear and respond to view points of his opposition will help both candidates dial down the rhetoric. We need both to do that.

I'm hopeful that the election, which ever way, ends on election night. I think those states that mailed out their ballots to all their registered voters need to tell them to do it as soon as it arrives so it prevents late ballot receipt. I think both parties should demand that the election ends on election night and that they ensure all the states remind citizens to get them in asap.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Also, Bolton alleges that Trump supporters/encouraged Xi to continue w the forced concentration camps detaining millions. There are reports of mass murders, rapes and forced abortions coming from these camps. Is that pro life? Or is it just a little more palatable bc it’s a Chinese person who also happens to be a Muslim? This guy has no integrity. His only purpose is greed and power. He doesn’t care about any person or group in the US or world except himself. He’s a conman.
How can anyone Democrat of Republican believe such undocumented stuff?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I’d be willing to bet we all know more food addicts than we know all other types of addicts combined.
Technology is really going to exacerbate this problem. I can have anything I want delivered right to my door just by pushing a few buttons on my phone....takes about 45 seconds if you already know what you want.

It can be bad for people financially as well. The first credit card statement I got after I started using Uber eats, I was like..... wow, I spent how much on food. Ahh progress.

Mar 11, 2006
Trump pushed the Big 10 to play a few weeks back, and nothing happened until now. He didn't continue pushing, nor did he even take credit for getting them to play which is very un-Trump like. If he had anything to do with it, we would not hear the end of him trying to take credit for it.

But hey, don't let me ruin your narrative, no matter how far from the truth it is.
Huh? You don’t follow the media much do you? He also mentioned this last night.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1306224783705735170?s=21

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I am happy there is a peace deal, but lets put it in perspective, this deal was made so that the 3 countries could buy f35s from lockheed, thats why this deal was made.
I think you need to broaden your view a little more. What I see is more related to countries forming alliances as a counterweight to Iran.

We are seeing the same thing in the Indo-Pacific with talk of reforming The Quadrilateral Security Alliance between the US, Japan, Australia and India. Australia and India backed out around 2008 due to pressure from China but India and Australia are interested in rejoining. There is talk of the original 4 plus South Korea, Vietnam and New Zealand. We could be seeing the birth of the IndoPac NATO as a counter to China.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-Japan-India-create-alliance-named-Quad.html

https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/07/the-quad-is-poised-to-become-openly-anti-china-soon.html

https://thediplomat.com/2020/09/how-china-strengthens-the-quad/

https://www.heritage.org/global-politics/report/the-quad-20-foundation-free-and-open-indo-pacific