2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
keep that head in the sand man. Narrow your options for all angles and then you only get one angle and that is called being biased
He was responding directly to your post where you specifically implied you were narrowing your own options.

All media is pretty much crap these days. It's all biased. Anyone who would choose to believe just breitbart or just CNN is an idiot.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
He was responding directly to your post where you specifically implied you were narrowing your own options.

All media is pretty much crap these days. It's all biased. Anyone who would choose to believe just breitbart or just CNN is an idiot.
Removing Breitbart, Vox, and Mother Jones isn't "limiting" your options. It is flat out cutting horribly biased crap from your life and 2 of those are FAR FAR FAR Left garbage

For those who do want to broaden their info input I would suggest adding BBC, Wall Street Journal, PBS, AP, The Hill and USA Today to your reading rotation...and Heavy.com 5 fast facts for Brand New emerging issue (like police shooting etc)

I would challenge everyone Before posting on the next Highly politicized subject try researching it on all of those sites before you form your opinion. If anything if you do that you will be HIGHLY educated to both sides of any issue with much less biased than from traditional MSM

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

Do you really want Binman to WIDEN his news feed intake? I don’t think his antivirus software will survive it.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Removing Breitbart, Vox, and Mother Jones isn't "limiting" your options. It is flat out cutting horribly biased crap from your life
Breitbart is no more biased today than CNN is. Maybe they were 5 years ago but CNN has gone completely off the deep end with the election of Trump. Breitbart at least admits it is conservative, CNN still tries to pretend they are objective.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Breitbart is no more biased today than CNN is. Maybe they were 5 years ago but CNN has gone completely off the deep end with the election of Trump. Breitbart at least admits it is conservative, CNN still tries to pretend they are objective.
Well, this is revealing. I would argue CNN is more similar to Fox News. Both network’s editorials and talk shows reflect biases in opposite directions. Their online articles (non-editorialized reports) tend to be more objective.

Breitbart has no objectivity. There’s plenty on the left who don’t either.

Mar 11, 2006
Well, this is revealing. I would argue CNN is more similar to Fox News. Both network’s editorials and talk shows reflect biases in opposite directions. Their online articles (non-editorialized reports) tend to be more objective.

Breitbart has no objectivity. There’s plenty on the left who don’t either.
I think Fox News and MSNBC are comparable. Both have news during the day (not completely unbiased, but still mostly news. And they have opinions in evening.

CNN has changed since MSNBC overtook them in the ratings. They don’t have news anymore and are almost pure opinion.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think Fox News and MSNBC are comparable. Both have news during the day (not completely unbiased, but still mostly news. And they have opinions in evening.

CNN has changed since MSNBC overtook them in the ratings. They don’t have news anymore and are almost pure opinion.
Are you talking about cable TV, online articles, all of the above? I don’t really watch cable TV news anymore. They all seem to be opinion. I think there’s plenty of news online, but you can’t trust one outlet and need to filter a lot when you’re reading editorials.

Mar 11, 2006
Are you talking about cable TV, online articles, all of the above? I don’t really watch cable TV news anymore. They all seem to be opinion. I think there’s plenty of news online, but you can’t trust one outlet and need to filter a lot when you’re reading editorials.
I was talking specifically about their cable channels. Zucker changed CNN’s format dramatically when MSNBC took over 2nd place. IMO, CNN is a different world of bias. Certainly, Fox has Hannity and MSNBC has Maddow - but at least Fox and MSNBC have regular day anchors that are somewhat trustworthy. CNN’s editors are definitely not that nuanced.

100% agree that you can’t trust one outlet.