2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The White House spent the day on defense over Trump’s refusal to condemn white supremacists. Aides were sent on television to explain away what Trump meant when he said the Proud Boys should “stand back and stand by.”
Late in the day, Trump clarified his remarks, saying the extremist group should “stand down.”
Seems like even Trump has clarified statements...makes you wonder what he is really thinking.
I don't know anything about the Proud Boys, I doubt you do either. But, they say hello.

1602978141618.png

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
"the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean"

He was a staunch opponent of "forced busing" in the 1970s.

Joe Biden was a leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the 1980s.

Joe Biden has described African-American felons as "predators" too sociopathic to rehabilitate.

Joe Biden has often throughout his career referred to white supremacist senators as his friends.

Biden told the American people. “In a nutshell, the president’s plan does not include enough police officers to catch the violent thugs, enough prosecutors to convict them, enough judges to sentence them, or enough prison cells to put them away for a long time.”

Biden has a habit of badly impersonating Indian convenience-store clerks and call-center employees.

“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

“Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

And by the way, these are not my opinions. They are the quotes, thoughts, and actions of Joe Biden.
you missed the point...Harris clarified a statement and so did Trump...just found an example where Don had to clarify a statement, just like Kamala

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
"the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean"

Joe Biden has described African-American felons as "predators" too sociopathic to rehabilitate.

Joe Biden has often throughout his career referred to white supremacist senators as his friends.

Biden told the American people. “In a nutshell, the president’s plan does not include enough police officers to catch the violent thugs, enough prosecutors to convict them, enough judges to sentence them, or enough prison cells to put them away for a long time.”

Biden has a habit of badly impersonating Indian convenience-store clerks and call-center employees.

“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

“Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

And by the way, these are not my opinions. They are the quotes, thoughts, and actions of Joe Biden.
I don't know anything about the Proud Boys, I doubt you do either. But, they say hello.

View attachment 86386
not sure what you mean here...please explain

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How is he mitigated and regulated? It cracks me up that you think anyone has checks and balances on him. He undermines any attempt to do so. He epitomizes the word “slimy.” Pinning him down is like nailing Jell-o to the wall.
The media is on constant attack with him...with the "Obamanation"...not so much.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

Joe is without a doubt the racist in the race. But to paraphrase FDR all Dems have to offer is fear itself!

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Well, if John Fogerty says so ....
Don’t know why celebs think their views and thoughts carry more weight than the avg Joe
The current President parlayed his celebrity status into the office. Do you want celebrities to keep quiet or is it only the celebrities who say things you don't agree with?
Take out the celebrity part, how about veteran?

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Veteran status only matters if they are a republican.
The day Fogerty received his draft notice he went to the Army Reserve Recruiter. The recruiter backdated his paperwork and after spending 6 months training as a supply clerk Fogerty spent his time in the service as a part-time reservist.

I’m not knocking him for his service or getting out of serving in Vietnam but his comments sound a little high and mighty.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The day Fogerty received his draft notice he went to the Army Reserve Recruiter. The recruiter backdated his paperwork and after spending 6 months training as a supply clerk Fogerty spent his time in the service as a part-time reservist.

I’m not knocking him for his service or getting out of serving in Vietnam but his comments sound a little high and mighty.
I was thinking more about current congressmen. Dan Crenshaw is a republican God because he served and talks about it alot and got a cool injury. I have nothing but respect for him but you gotta admit based on recent political ads that's part of his schtick.

In my district 2 years ago you had an iraq combat veteran versus someone who spent the last decade as a Washington lobbyist. The lobbyist won and I'll give you one guess of his party. It's a rematch this year and the challenger has shown more pictures of him in uniform in ads. We'll see how that g

Republicans support the troops but

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

He spent more time in service than Trump. He probably legitimately knew guys in basic who didn't make it back and that may have been a sticking point with him.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Your president of the United States of America, ladies and gentlemen. Bravo. Just.. bravo. What a damned knuckle-dragging buffoon. Tho I harbor far more left-leaning ideologies, I really wish Biden was not the presidential nominee to represent the Dem party. But somebody - anybody - is a much better option than the 'Clown Show' of Trump's disastrous tenure as president. You have to be a fool to think Trump isn't the worst god damned president of all-time.

"President Trump is doubling down on his decision to retweet an unfounded QAnon conspiracy theory that Osama bin Laden is still alive, a move that threatens to alienate members of the military with the election less than three weeks away"

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...ImnhV7NQmkYcQluZxSJP0pmDYsGhHxEGzZGIlIF-UH27k

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Your president of the United States of America, ladies and gentlemen. Bravo. Just.. bravo. What a damned knuckle-dragging buffoon. Tho I harbor far more left-leaning ideologies, I really wish Biden was not the presidential nominee to represent the Dem party. But somebody - anybody - is a much better option than the 'Clown Show' of Trump's disastrous tenure as president. You have to be a fool to think Trump isn't the worst god damned president of all-time.

"President Trump is doubling down on his decision to retweet an unfounded QAnon conspiracy theory that Osama bin Laden is still alive, a move that threatens to alienate members of the military with the election less than three weeks away"

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...ImnhV7NQmkYcQluZxSJP0pmDYsGhHxEGzZGIlIF-UH27k
They are lost on Q conspiracies they hope make the mainstream 3 weeks before a historically bad president gets his comeuppance. This won't do much to dissuade the peanut gallery

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
He spent more time in service than Trump. He probably legitimately knew guys in basic who didn't make it back and that may have been a sticking point with him.
So did my father...who received his draft notice and went to the recruiter and enlisted as regular and ended up stationed in Germany and an uncle who did multiple tours in Vietnam, neither of which has an issue with Trump. Supporting the troops is separate from voting for somebody with different political goals.

Joe Rogan recently did 2.5 hours with Wesley Hunt, running in Texas’ 7th Congressional District. Hunt was recruited to run by Crenshaw. Interesting conversation with Rogan and worth a listen. His (Hunt’s) hope is that the vets, regardless of party, can come together for common sense leadership on issues.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Remember when Donald Trump challenged the Vietnam War service credentials of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
"He’s a war hero because he was captured," Trump said "I like people who weren’t captured."