2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
In the US constitution it leaves power to enforce local laws to local law enforcement. It is a pretty wild thing.
Yes I know that, but many of the states and local governments controlled by Democrats have said they are defunding the police. Kamala Harris has skirted around the issue and has supported defunding, at least in part, the police. So, what local law enforcement?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Yes I know that, but many of the states and local governments controlled by Democrats have said they are defunding the police. Kamala Harris has skirted around the issue and has supported defunding, at least in part, the police. So, what local law enforcement?
So to you defunding is the same as abolishing it? That is a pretty dense way to look at things. In my smallish city they have done part time furloughs cause of COVID throughout the city departments (education, planning, police, etc). Seems like a reasonable thing to me. Revenue is down you have to defund things.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
So to you defunding is the same as abolishing it? In my smallish city they have done part time furloughs cause of COVID throughout the city departments (education, planning, police, etc). Seems like a reasonable thing to me. Revenue is down you have to defund things.
Well, in my smallish city we got along without a police force.

But as I pointed out in an earlier comment. Who exactly are the people that are the most in need of protection from law an order? I don't think it's your smallish city? Am I wrong?

It's the poor, it's the children in our cities and suburbs, small business owners, and especially those in minority owned businesses that have been looted and burned! And what has been the response of Democrat leadership in these hard hit areas? Defund the police!!! In other words ignore law and order while the most in need suffer!!!

Is that your position on defunding the police? Seems to be reasonable, to use your words, right?

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
https://www.ok.gov/triton/modules/newsroom/newsroom_article.php?id=196&article_id=62288

Highlights of the Oklahoma’s September 30 voter registration statistics include:
  • Oklahoma has 2,206,208 total registered voters as of September 30, compared to 2,090,107 on January 15 and 2,172,079 on August 31.

• There are now 1,100,032 registered Republicans, 739,466 registered Democrats, 353,269 registered Independents, and 13,441 registered Libertarians.

• Since January 15, Republicans have seen a net gain of 91,463 registered voters, and are now about 49.9% of all registered voters.

• Democrats have seen a net increase of 1,210 registered voters since January 15, and are now 33.5% of all registered voters.

• There has been a net increase of 21,158 registered Independents since January 15, which are now 16% of all registered voters.

• Libertarians have seen a net increase of 2,270 registered voters since January 15, and are less than 1% of registered voters

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
https://www.ok.gov/triton/modules/newsroom/newsroom_article.php?id=196&article_id=62288

Highlights of the Oklahoma’s September 30 voter registration statistics include:
  • Oklahoma has 2,206,208 total registered voters as of September 30, compared to 2,090,107 on January 15 and 2,172,079 on August 31.

• There are now 1,100,032 registered Republicans, 739,466 registered Democrats, 353,269 registered Independents, and 13,441 registered Libertarians.

• Since January 15, Republicans have seen a net gain of 91,463 registered voters, and are now about 49.9% of all registered voters.

• Democrats have seen a net increase of 1,210 registered voters since January 15, and are now 33.5% of all registered voters.

• There has been a net increase of 21,158 registered Independents since January 15, which are now 16% of all registered voters.

• Libertarians have seen a net increase of 2,270 registered voters since January 15, and are less than 1% of registered voters
Too many Democrats.

Oct 7, 2008
The Proud Boys and White Supremacists are total non factors in 2020. The MSM are doing them a huge favor and making them famous when their actual clout doesn’t warrant that. Trump and Biden should both be asked to disavow BLM and Antifa as that is who destroys businesses and parts of cities.
Good to see your intelligence sources are better than the FBI's.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Arsonists and anarchists should be prosecuted,” Biden said, and “local law enforcement can do that.”
Except they aren't. He should have called on mayor's and governors, who belong to his Democrat party, to let the police do their job and protect the people from arsonists and anarchists. But he didn't....pretty poor leadership if you ask me.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Sounds a lot like Trumps comments at Charlottesville.

"You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides... and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally".
When Trump does it, the media spins it the most negative way possible. When Biden does the media spins it the most positive way possible.