2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
but he refuses to tell them if he would expand it if he were elected.
This is frankly one of the things about the Dems that scares the hell out of me. To his credit, Biden could've just lied but then again I think the Dem base whole heatedly supports the idea of expanding the court under Biden. People who claim to be conservative but are supporting Biden should take a long hard look at this.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
One more interesting thing I noticed from last night. One of Trump's biggest criticisms is that he doesn't act "presidential" and that was on full display. However, from the few clips I saw from last night, Joe wasn't acting so "presidential" either. So the only option left is Jo.
Looking forward to the SNL version...they won't have to change much...

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Biden claims that the people should decide the fate of the Supreme Court through the election, but he refuses to tell them if he would expand it if he were elected. Am I the only one that sees the contradiction here?
That's my point, the issue of who gets to nominate and then who gets to vote "was" decided by an election in November 2016 (President and Senate) and November 2018 (Senate).

To Quote Joe Biden "The American people have a right to have a say in who the Supreme Court nominee is and that say occurs when they vote for United States Senators and when they vote for the President of United States."

Well Joe, they did vote.

What Joe Biden is suggesting is that the current President and Senate ignore the vote that put them in office and gave them the constitutional right and pass their constitutional rights along to the next President and Senate.

President Obama did not ignore his constitutional right to nominate a Supreme Court Justice. Why should Trump? Trump has until the last day of his current term to make a nomination.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The Impetus of the problem -
Protest against police started in 2015 long before POTUS Trump. The left has incited minorities to live in fear due to isolated incidents that they heighten though social media and partial facts. They then control and pander to those who perceive themselves as victims due to this pandering and twisting of "facts" in most cases. They then lift themselves as Saviors for a problem that they mostly create for the sole purpose of wanting to appear to be the Saviors for political power gain. Creating victim classes has long been a political ploy of the left. The left under Obama/Biden have mastered this art.

Certainly it doesn't help to further incite people by not being a nice person, but sometimes bluntness is needed to stop the insanity and the violence. What BLM and Antifa is/are doing is insane overreaction that is a danger to our cities and nation. The left keeps refusing to do anything about it and simply feeds it and fuels it. Then other groups like "proud boys" comes in with the mantra to restore peace through force and you have a real big problem. The POTUS bombastic language and inability to sensibly communicate does the same in terms of re-enforcing the mantra that is being fed to the rioters and it does absolutely nothing to stop it. It's a s*it show. The impetus of it is that political power is being derived from false narratives and/or re-escalation of racial strife creating division among the masses by both parties. However, one party is guilty of starting this and it's not the POTUS party...he could end it though but he doesn't have the mental capacity or humility to do so and also has far to many enemies, again his own fault, to be allowed to do so.

In the debate both men failed "bigly" to attempt to create any unity and instead doubled down on division. Trump was especially bad on this. Neither gave me any confidence in the next four years in terms of "leadership." Thank God it's only 1 branch of government.
"Not being a nice person?"
He was AGAIN asked to denounce white supremacy and refused to do it.
Is that what you call not denouncing white supremacy when asked to do so? A man that lies constantly has to be honest and avoid even lying to denounce white supremacy as it is so important to him not to say those words. Where else in life would you support a person like that knowing that fact?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What I was saying is that Chris Wallace was biased in asking Trump to condemn WS but he didn't ask Biden to do the same ? So Wallace is making the WS and Republican link.
I think people with any political affiliation can be hateful people (WS) but guess people here don't think so.

At anytime in my life if I would be asked "Can you denounce white supremacy?" My answer would be an immediate "YES!!!"
Regardless of any other situation of "fairness" or whatever. The answer to that question is always 100% YES.

Trump is making the link, not Wallace.
Ask me multiple times if I think OU sucks. If I avoid answering and start talking about KSU or Gundy's shirt or any other thing does that "link" me to OU or does saying "Yes, OU sucks."
Of course, it is Trump's ability lie about anything but his inability to say "I denounce white supremacy" that links him.

Think about what you are saying. You are trying to make excuses for someone not denouncing white supremacy. That is all that you are doing.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs,” he continued, “including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacist and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear.”

President Donald Trump 2017

Nov 26, 2006
Nov 18, 2011
At anytime in my life if I would be asked "Can you denounce white supremacy?" My answer would be an immediate "YES!!!"
Regardless of any other situation of "fairness" or whatever. The answer to that question is always 100% YES.

Ask me multiple times if I think OU sucks. If I avoid answering and start talking about KSU or Gundy's shirt or any other thing does that "link" me to OU or does saying "Yes, OU sucks."
Of course, it is Trump's ability lie about anything but his inability to say "I denounce white supremacy" that links him.

Think about what you are saying. You are trying to make excuses for someone not denouncing white supremacy. That is all that you are doing.
Not that it will change your mind, because it is already made up, but go re-watch the clip of that exchange. A lot of people missed it because there was so much talking over each other, but Wallace asks the question “Tonight will you condemn white supremacists and militia groups?” Before he even finishes the question Trump says “Sure!”. Wallace raises his hand and then goes on to finish the question. Trump’s first sentence is “Sure, I’m willing to do that!”, then he pivots to rightfully note the left is the one causing the violence. What about that response indicates he’s not willing to disavow white supremacists? Does it only count if he gives it in oath form?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
"In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America." President Donald Trump, August 2019

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

“Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things,”

"You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent to put — I'm not joking."

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Is there a quote anywhere of Biden denouncing white supremacy?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Not often you get to see a Presidential Debate claim fact checked by a guy testifying under oath the very next day

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1311361403408789509
No. Comey is a lying pos that should die in prison. I would never ever take his word for anything. Not even grass is green. If you believe him then you are dying for anything that says trump is wrong.

I’m not defending anyone here. I just hate that man more than anyone. His violations of the constitution and civil liberties make me want to be on his jury so bad.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas

You are too angry to read with clarity.
I have not defended Trump at all.
I have questioned why Wallace would make the accusation on that platform.
He’s heard Trump deny it before.
Wallace was biased in his handling and questions.
Now if you want to attack me for criticizing Wallace, go ahead but quit getting lost in the context.
You decide who’s pro Trump and who’s pro Biden and go to war regardless of what is in a post

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Was the interruption during one of Trump's uninterrupted 2 minutes or was it during the open discussion?
I don’t know based on the clock. I will say from reading the transcript that the three interruptions happen and then Wallace announces that they are in open discussion. So take that for what it’s worth.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
No. Comey is a lying pos that should die in prison. I would never ever take his word for anything. Not even grass is green. If you believe him then you are dying for anything that says trump is wrong.

I’m not defending anyone here. I just hate that man more than anyone. His violations of the constitution and civil liberties make me want to be on his jury so bad.
I couldn’t agree with this more. Comey is a garbage human being that ruined people’s lives for purely political reasons, tried to put people in jail for near life over a pretense he knew was false, and he should rot in jail for the abuse of power he engaged in.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Not that it will change your mind, because it is already made up, but go re-watch the clip of that exchange. A lot of people missed it because there was so much talking over each other, but Wallace asks the question “Tonight will you condemn white supremacists and militia groups?” Before he even finishes the question Trump says “Sure!”. Wallace raises his hand and then goes on to finish the question. Trump’s first sentence is “Sure, I’m willing to do that!”, then he pivots to rightfully note the left is the one causing the violence. What about that response indicates he’s not willing to disavow white supremacists? Does it only count if he gives it in oath form?
You're right it won't change his mind. To some, facts are irrelevant, only the narrative matters.

Nov 6, 2010

Breathe man.....

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
"In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America." President Donald Trump, August 2019
Wow, with one prepared speech Trump has erased all his misogyny, racism, and hate speech. Who knew simply uttering a sentence once, absolves you of all your previous actions.

"Grab em by the pu**y." Forgiven
"You have good genes" to an all white crowd. Forgiven
"They're rapists ... some, I assume, are good people". Forgiven
Retweet a "white power" yelling guy. Forgiven

He cannot possibly be bad in anyway cause look what he said once. Signed the lamest political cult in US history.