2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Does anyone know for a fact that the group Proud Boys is a racist organization? Or are you just taking someone's word for it?

Last night was the first I had ever heard of the organization and what I've read today say's it's an organization which includes 10-20% people of color and that the leader of the group, Enrique Tarrio, is a Black Cuban.

https://images1.miaminewtimes.com/i...ay-2-miami-credit-michele-eve-sandberg-13.jpg

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
One more interesting thing I noticed from last night. One of Trump's biggest criticisms is that he doesn't act "presidential" and that was on full display. However, from the few clips I saw from last night, Joe wasn't acting so "presidential" either. So the only option left is Jo.

Bay Area Poke

Banned
Banned
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
One more interesting thing I noticed from last night. One of Trump's biggest criticisms is that he doesn't act "presidential" and that was on full display. However, from the few clips I saw from last night, Joe wasn't acting so "presidential" either. So the only option left is Jo.
https://twitter.com/nickadamsinusa/status/1311142280535986177?s=21

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Does anyone know for a fact that the group Proud Boys is a racist organization? Or are you just taking someone's word for it?

Last night was the first I had ever heard of the organization and what I've read today say's it's an organization which includes 10-20% people of color and that the leader of the group, Enrique Tarrio, is a Black Cuban.

https://images1.miaminewtimes.com/i...ay-2-miami-credit-michele-eve-sandberg-13.jpg
The FBI in Nov 2018 had in reports labeled the group as an extremist group with ties to far right extreme practices. In Dec 2018 the FBI clarified saying they do not label groups as a whole as extremist and said they consider the members of the proud boys to be extremist

Oct 30, 2007
Vice President Joe Biden: (05:36)
The American people have a right to have a say in who the Supreme Court nominee is and that say occurs when they vote for United States Senators and when they vote for the President of United States. They’re not going to get that chance now because we’re in the middle of an election already. The election has already started. Tens of thousands of people already voted and so the thing that should happen is we should wait. We should wait and see what the outcome of this election is because that’s the only way the American people get to express their view is by who they elect as President and who they elect as Vice President.

Huh?

Dear Joe Biden,

The American people elected the current President and Senate to serve complete terms of office, not partial terms of office or until the next election but full terms. It's spelled out very clearly in the Constitution of the United States of America. Frankly, I surprised you don't know this.

Biden claims that the people should decide the fate of the Supreme Court through the election, but he refuses to tell them if he would expand it if he were elected. Am I the only one that sees the contradiction here?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
but he refuses to tell them if he would expand it if he were elected.
This is frankly one of the things about the Dems that scares the hell out of me. To his credit, Biden could've just lied but then again I think the Dem base whole heatedly supports the idea of expanding the court under Biden. People who claim to be conservative but are supporting Biden should take a long hard look at this.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Looking forward to the SNL version...they won't have to change much...

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Biden claims that the people should decide the fate of the Supreme Court through the election, but he refuses to tell them if he would expand it if he were elected. Am I the only one that sees the contradiction here?
That's my point, the issue of who gets to nominate and then who gets to vote "was" decided by an election in November 2016 (President and Senate) and November 2018 (Senate).

To Quote Joe Biden "The American people have a right to have a say in who the Supreme Court nominee is and that say occurs when they vote for United States Senators and when they vote for the President of United States."

Well Joe, they did vote.

What Joe Biden is suggesting is that the current President and Senate ignore the vote that put them in office and gave them the constitutional right and pass their constitutional rights along to the next President and Senate.

President Obama did not ignore his constitutional right to nominate a Supreme Court Justice. Why should Trump? Trump has until the last day of his current term to make a nomination.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The Impetus of the problem -
Protest against police started in 2015 long before POTUS Trump. The left has incited minorities to live in fear due to isolated incidents that they heighten though social media and partial facts. They then control and pander to those who perceive themselves as victims due to this pandering and twisting of "facts" in most cases. They then lift themselves as Saviors for a problem that they mostly create for the sole purpose of wanting to appear to be the Saviors for political power gain. Creating victim classes has long been a political ploy of the left. The left under Obama/Biden have mastered this art.

Certainly it doesn't help to further incite people by not being a nice person, but sometimes bluntness is needed to stop the insanity and the violence. What BLM and Antifa is/are doing is insane overreaction that is a danger to our cities and nation. The left keeps refusing to do anything about it and simply feeds it and fuels it. Then other groups like "proud boys" comes in with the mantra to restore peace through force and you have a real big problem. The POTUS bombastic language and inability to sensibly communicate does the same in terms of re-enforcing the mantra that is being fed to the rioters and it does absolutely nothing to stop it. It's a s*it show. The impetus of it is that political power is being derived from false narratives and/or re-escalation of racial strife creating division among the masses by both parties. However, one party is guilty of starting this and it's not the POTUS party...he could end it though but he doesn't have the mental capacity or humility to do so and also has far to many enemies, again his own fault, to be allowed to do so.

In the debate both men failed "bigly" to attempt to create any unity and instead doubled down on division. Trump was especially bad on this. Neither gave me any confidence in the next four years in terms of "leadership." Thank God it's only 1 branch of government.
"Not being a nice person?"
He was AGAIN asked to denounce white supremacy and refused to do it.
Is that what you call not denouncing white supremacy when asked to do so? A man that lies constantly has to be honest and avoid even lying to denounce white supremacy as it is so important to him not to say those words. Where else in life would you support a person like that knowing that fact?