2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
He answered in the affirmative 2 times without actually saying anything....Then the 3rd time he gave them ORDERS (not denounce them) and then he turned the focus to an Idea (as his FBI Director has said ANTIFA isn't an actual group) and after he did this the White Supremacist group he gave ORDERS too...put the POTUS words into their Logo and are making patches today with that new logo to distribute to all their members.

I don't know what you watch or what reality you are trying to create....but this IS the reality of what is happening and what happened last night. This is actually happening today

As Fox and Friends said this morning. Trump blew the biggest layup in the history of Presidential Debates
Is Proud Boys a white supremacy group? I thought they had black members as well...Honestly I didn't even know what it was until last night. All I have learned is that they countered a protest in Portland and other areas.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Is Proud Boys a white supremacy group? I thought they had black members as well...Honestly I didn't even know what it was until last night. All I have learned is that they countered a protest in Portland and other areas.
I don’t know what the hell proud boys are and I doubt Trump does either. If Trump had said the KKK was just an idea and not an actual hate group I might beat him up over it. But he did and has done in the past repeatedly what Wallace wanted him to do which was to condemn white supremacy.

Why isn’t Biden asked to condemn cop killers or Marxist BLM? This kind of a stuff is just a dirty trick & Trump knows it which is why he turned it to the groups which actually riot and destroy cities.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Why isn’t Biden asked to condemn cop killers or Marxist BLM? This kind of a stuff is just a dirty trick & Trump knows it which is why he turned it to the groups which actually riot and destroy cities.
He was and he did not answer it either. That's where the blm is a idea per chris wray verbage came from.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Richard Spencer (the guy responsible for Charlotte) was the first executive director of their magazine. They describe themselves as a Male only chauvinist group who thinks Men and specifically White Men of the world are the ones responsible for the Modern World

The Proud Boys say they have an initiation process that has four stages and includes hazing. The first stage is a loyalty oath, on the order of "I’m a proud Western chauvinist, I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world"; the second is getting punched until the person recites pop culture trivia, such as the names of five breakfast cereals; the third is getting a tattoo and agreeing to not masturbate; and the fourth is getting into a major fight "for the cause."[20][31][55][56][57][58]

The Daily Beast reported in February 2018 that the Proud Boys have amended rules. Prohibition against cargo shorts, use of opioids and crystal meth. The article states restrictions were not placed on cocaine. The masturbation policy was modified to read: "no heterosexual brother of the Fraternity shall masturbate more than one time in any calendar month".

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
The only reality I have is reading the transcript. He answered in the affirmative twice. Then he told a specific group to stand back and stay out of the violence which is what Wallace was demanding. What that group does to twist his words are out of his control. And if you want to continue to twist his words then go right ahead. Nothing illegal about that.
I don't think you know what "stand back and stand by" means. It has a very different connotation than "stand back and stand down", and both imply that they are under his command and take orders from him.

All he had to say was "I disavow and reject white supremacy", which he has had so many opportunities to do, and he just can do that. He can go on about how great of a doctor he would be for 10 minutes, but cannot do that.

Keep quacking like a duck, and your a goddamn duck IMO. I look forward to your mental gymnastics trying to explain that away. It is fun to watch.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don't think you know what "Stand back and stand by" means. It has a very different connotation than "stand back and stand down", and both imply that they are under his command.

I look forward to your mental gymnastics trying to explain that away. It is fun to watch.
don't worry...he will have a slew of lackeys on TV today telling us what he "Really" meant to say....seems they have to do this just about EVERY time Trump is asked to denounce White Supremacist

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
The only reality I have is reading the transcript. He answered in the affirmative twice. Then he told a specific group to stand back and stay out of the violence which is what Wallace was demanding. What that group does to twist his words are out of his control. And if you want to continue to twist his words then go right ahead. Nothing illegal about that.
"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by" is not quite 'stand back and stay out'

Sep 22, 2011
If there was ever a time to not put on your jersey and vote for your team, it is now. The alarm bells are ringing, neither of these men deserve to be president, vote however you want but please don't blindly vote for someone because you think they are the lesser of two evils! If either of these bozos wins then the oligarchs win and continue their reign over all of us useful idiots

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
If there was ever a time to not put on your jersey and vote for your team, it is now. The alarm bells are ringing, neither of these men deserve to be president, vote however you want but please don't blindly vote for someone because you think they are the lesser of two evils! If either of these bozos wins then the oligarchs win and continue their reign over all of us useful idiots
wow , who else is there to vote for? Sadly Jo has not a shot in hell.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
After last night I will be voting libertarian no doubt. However, the inescapable truth is that one of those two will win....and I still hope it's the lesser of two evils...which to me is still easily Trump.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
For those of you who don't know this was POTUS Trumps official statement after the incident Joe repeated last night...

Trump, Aug. 14, 2017: "As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.
And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.
We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America."

I'm suspecting he may have to do this again, if he hasn't already.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Maybe this is where this country has gone...We (the public) clamor for Big Brother, Housewives of ____county, 90 day fiance, etc. - all with little civility. We should not be surprised that our politics devolves to that. It's not too different when politicians get in front of any camera.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
For those of you who don't know this was POTUS Trumps official statement after the incident Joe repeated last night...

Trump, Aug. 14, 2017: "As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.
And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.
We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America."

You're not supposed to bring facts into this discussion. The narrative is that Trump has never condemned white nationalism and no amount of facts are going to change anyone's mind on that.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

It’s like the old gotcha question “when did you stop beating your wife?” The media knows Trump never supported white supremacy and they know he’s on the record condemning it. But they think if they ask repeatedly it will make low IQ voters think he must really be racist. And I suppose it works to some extent.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014

difference is this was a prepared speech, but when asked to denounce white supremacy last night, all he could come up with is Stand Down Stand By.