2020 Democratic Platform

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Townie, The Maxine Waters of OP

Waters began by explaining the student debt crisis, saying, “Today, there are more than 44 million Americans that owe … $1.56 trillion in student loan debt.”

She added, “Last year, 1 million student loan borrowers defaulted which is on top of the 1 million borrowers who defaulted the year before.”

Then, Waters turned the questions on the bank executives, asking what they intended to do about the student debt crisis: “What are you guys doing to help us with the student loan debt? Who would like to answer first? Mr. Monihan? Big bank?”(RELATED: Waters: God Is On The Side Of People Driving Trump Supporters From Restaurants)

“We stopped making student loans in 2007 or so,” he responded.

“So you don’t do it anymore? Mr. Corbyn?” she pressed the next banker.

“We exited student lending in 2009,” he replied.

“Mr. Dimon?” Waters tried again.

“When the government took over student lending in 2010, we stopped doing all student lending,” he said.

Fox Business host Stuart Varney played a clip from Wednesday’s hearing, then noted that as chair of the Financial Services Committee, Waters should have known that all student loans were nationalized in 2010. Therefore, none of the bank executives she questioned had any control over the student debt crisis.

“That was interesting, was it not?” he asked. “It appeared to me that Maxine Waters, who chairs the House Financial Services Committee, did not know that the government had nationalized student loans 10 years ago. I don’t believe she knows that. She chairs a committee which regulates the banks.”

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oklahoma's EV's are 1.3% of the total EV's available. In 2016, the total votes cast in Oklahoma were 1.06% of the total votes cast in the country. You are simply flat out 100% completely wrong to say getting rid of the EC makes every state look more attractive. It does not.
The population of New York City is 8.6 million (just the city). The population of Oklahoma is 3.9 million (the whole state). You can't be this dense.
Oh but he is! :blink: He's proven it time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time on here.
Has anyone ever met him? I think he's just a sock account if sometime that just wants to give everyone grief.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
By the same token, 1 million popular votes in Oklahoma for the Democrat will look much better than before for the Democrats.
There are more registered Democrats in New York City, than there are all registered voters in the entire state of Oklahoma. Plus there are more people in the rest of the state of New York besides just the city. If you're saying you would choose to visit Oklahoma for a campaign stop instead of going back to New York for the 15th time, then you're either lying, or you really are that clueless. Either way, trying to debate the point further with you is pointless.

SO let's look at it from another angle. Again, there are more than twice as many people in just New York City than there are in the entire state of Oklahoma. With that in mind and a first term president coming up on re-election.....who do you think is going to get the most attention from that sitting president and that presidents party in Congress?

Or must we wait until Republicans start losing the Electoral College with a winning popular vote before you will remotely consider doing that?
That wouldn't make me change my mind. I'll grant you some Republicans might, and the politicians would certainly grumble about it. But true conservatives won't and people who believe that we are and should be a republic won't. The only thing the Republican party would accomplish by going after the EC is to further drive me away more than they already have.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Do you really not see how the comments you've made throughout this thread completely contradict each other?? Like, honest question. You go on and on about how smaller states would get more attention and talk about a republican win in Cali would "mean" more. How the heck do you think republicans would win California? By giving smaller states more attention?! Really?!
Every vote would count. Can you not conceive of that?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Do you really not see how the comments you've made throughout this thread completely contradict each other?? Like, honest question. You go on and on about how smaller states would get more attention and talk about a republican win in Cali would "mean" more. How the heck do you think republicans would win California? By giving smaller states more attention?! Really?!
Every vote would count. Can you not conceive of that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
I think he's really just a Russian bot.
Look, CaliforniaCowboy, I realize full you are a highly devoted conservative as are most people on here and one of the most important principals to follow in being conservative is to guard the status quo. I already told you that we're are going to have to strongly disagree to agree.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
**sigh, out of pity**

How many times do you need this question answered? People answered it before, but you just said they were lying, so wtf would anyone want to answer you, yet again, on this?

Don't bother answering.
LOL, no you're the one lying, gundysburner. I said they were wrong not that they were lying. If it hurts their quite deeply held conservative feelings too much to be told their wrong, then that's just tough. Not everybody is going to say amen to everybody in a political forum everyday.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If we're not a Democracy, then what do you call electing senators and representatives by popular vote. Just a semi-Democracy?
Those senators and representatives are elected by state and district (and supposed to represent just those states and districts), that IS a republic. Do you just not understand the difference? I'm sure the Democrats will soon argue that all 50 senators should be elected by national popular vote as well. And when they do, You'll probably support it too like a good little sheep.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If we're not a Democracy, then what do you call electing senators and representatives by popular vote. Just a semi-Democracy?
You're correct we are not a democracy, we are a republic. Senators, represenatives are district elections. The senators used to be elected differently than the popular vote as well. Did you just not pay attention in government or did you have one of those leftist government teachers?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Townie, The Maxine Waters of OP

Waters began by explaining the student debt crisis, saying, “Today, there are more than 44 million Americans that owe … $1.56 trillion in student loan debt.”

She added, “Last year, 1 million student loan borrowers defaulted which is on top of the 1 million borrowers who defaulted the year before.”

Then, Waters turned the questions on the bank executives, asking what they intended to do about the student debt crisis: “What are you guys doing to help us with the student loan debt? Who would like to answer first? Mr. Monihan? Big bank?”(RELATED: Waters: God Is On The Side Of People Driving Trump Supporters From Restaurants)

“We stopped making student loans in 2007 or so,” he responded.

“So you don’t do it anymore? Mr. Corbyn?” she pressed the next banker.

“We exited student lending in 2009,” he replied.

“Mr. Dimon?” Waters tried again.

“When the government took over student lending in 2010, we stopped doing all student lending,” he said.

Fox Business host Stuart Varney played a clip from Wednesday’s hearing, then noted that as chair of the Financial Services Committee, Waters should have known that all student loans were nationalized in 2010. Therefore, none of the bank executives she questioned had any control over the student debt crisis.

“That was interesting, was it not?” he asked. “It appeared to me that Maxine Waters, who chairs the House Financial Services Committee, did not know that the government had nationalized student loans 10 years ago. I don’t believe she knows that. She chairs a committee which regulates the banks.”
But it's a matter of FACT that some banks offer private student loans. So what should Waters have done? Do her homework and determined none of those bankers offered student loans?

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Has anyone ever met him? I think he's just a sock account if sometime that just wants to give everyone grief.

wrenhal, you seem to be needing a political forum, if any around, that is quite fully devoted to echoing far conservative viewpoints.
No, I want to see a forum where somebody actually debates intelligently and actually sounds like they know what they're talking about rather than either parroting weird talking points or constantly attacking the views of people they disagree with. And you sir, seem incapable of either one.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
But it's a matter of FACT that some banks offer private student loans. So what should Waters have done? Do her homework and determined none of those bankers offered student loans?
... or not have asked such a stupid question?? It's not the bank's responsibility for people to make their loan payments...
it's also not their responsibility to research the kid's major for them to make sure that they actually choose a major that's going to give the money to pay those debts. That's the fault of the liberals who constantly push these stupid degrees that have no meaning and make no sense.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
it's also not their responsibility to research the kid's major for them to make sure that they actually choose a major that's going to give the money to pay those debts. That's the fault of the liberals who constantly push these stupid degrees that have no meaning and make no sense.

In fact federal law prevents telling kids "you can't make enough with that major to service the debt".