2020 Democratic Platform

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
It would appear most of the 20 some odd 2020 Democratic candidates are endorsing most or all of the following Liberal causes:

- Expansion of the Supreme Court
- Abolish Electoral College
- Late-term Abortions
- Single-payer Health Plans
- Expansion of Illegal's rights
- Wealth Tax
- Increased Tax Rates
- Green New Deal

Which of these do you participating liberals endorse?
Which of these will be endorsed by the winning nominee?
Which of these have a chance of passing if a Dem wins in 2020?

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
That's the name of the game. Collect the Far left nutjobs to your side then once you win the primary you come more to the middle to try and gain the moderates. Totally expected.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
That would be funny. Have the Dims all support the expansion of the Court. Trump wins and says he completely agrees with them and he packs the court to the constitutional limit

Jul 20, 2018
They're just giving the election to Trump. A logically minded centrist democrat would be the only one that has a chance. Unfortunately, they no longer exist.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Expanding and stacking the court with one ideology is tyranny. Period. No matter who does it, I would oppose it and so would anyone with an ounce of common sense or intelligence.

If Trump actually tried this, the liberals would literally, and I mean that word literally, start burning this country to the ground. Yet, they're perfectly ok running on doing it themselves.

Jul 22, 2011
It would appear most of the 20 some odd 2020 Democratic candidates are endorsing most or all of the following Liberal causes:

- Late-term Abortions
- Wealth Tax
- Increased Tax Rates
- Green New Deal

You forgot guns. There's always gun-control.

Nov 23, 2010
At the federal level? None. Cocaine Mitch looks all set to remain Senate Majority Leader.

What I find interesting is the Pod Save America guys seem to have eliminating the filibuster as a litmus test. You would think the party that is in absolute agony over senate representation would be the one in favor of hanging on to it.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

- Late-term Abortions
- Wealth Tax
- Increased Tax Rates
- Green New Deal

It's almost as if they want people like me to leave the country.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

- Late-term Abortions
- Wealth Tax
- Increased Tax Rates
- Green New Deal

It's almost as if they want people like me to leave the country.
News flash: they do want people like you to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

- Late-term Abortions
- Wealth Tax
- Increased Tax Rates
- Green New Deal

Late-term Post-birth Abortions
fify

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
News flash: they do want people like you to leave.

Got a funny way of showing it. When they lose, instead of learning what to change about their platform, they change the rules. If the electoral college goes down, so do we. Adding more justices to the Supreme Court just reeks of authoritarian ideology. Why is it so difficult to follow the constitution? Why do people not born here have any rights or why should theirs trump mine? Why isn't the border secure? Who told these people it's their right to invade a sovereign country? Why are our politicians bending over on this issue? Why do they get drivers licenses? Why do cities feel the need to create sanctuary? Can't they wash their own dishes, clean their own homes or cut the lawn?
I played by their rules my adult life. Finished high school. Finished college. Never in trouble with the law. Work from before the sun goes up till after it goes down. Invested in dividend paying stocks early since time is the most valuable asset. I'm just now getting to the point where those didvidends could replace our income without cashing those stocks out. Maxed 401k for 22 years. Maxed IRA for 22 years. Maxed HSA. Salary deferal. I went ahead and switched all my paychecks for precious metals and we lived off the wife's income. We are right at the point where we can start to enjoy the fruits we worked for and they want us to give even more? They get close to 50% of all our earnings and still say we haven't done our share. It's infuriating to say the least. What I want is for those watching is to emulate our plan. I want people to know we did nothing special and we did it without help or inheritance. Literally, just hard work and persistence. We sacrificed the fun times and playing times for this and now we feel it's our turn to play and the system is changing the rules. Again. So, yes, they sure seem like their pushing us out the door even if that's not the intention. They better pay close attention to what's happening in New York, Chicago and California and those fleeing better not vote stupid like they did in the first place.
I guess we are lucky in the fact that we can just pick up and leave. There's many that can't even leave their hometown. I sure don't want to as I think the American dream is still alive, that those who are willing to work hard, can have a home, family and pursue liberty. But GD, the Dems are sure trying to burn it down and with republican support.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Got a funny way of showing it. When they lose, instead of learning what to change about their platform, they change the rules. If the electoral college goes down, so do we. Adding more justices to the Supreme Court just reeks of authoritarian ideology. Why is it so difficult to follow the constitution? Why do people not born here have any rights or why should theirs trump mine? Why isn't the border secure? Who told these people it's their right to invade a sovereign country? Why are our politicians bending over on this issue? Why do they get drivers licenses? Why do cities feel the need to create sanctuary? Can't they wash their own dishes, clean their own homes or cut the lawn?
I played by their rules my adult life. Finished high school. Finished college. Never in trouble with the law. Work from before the sun goes up till after it goes down. Invested in dividend paying stocks early since time is the most valuable asset. I'm just now getting to the point where those didvidends could replace our income without cashing those stocks out. Maxed 401k for 22 years. Maxed IRA for 22 years. Maxed HSA. Salary deferal. I went ahead and switched all my paychecks for precious metals and we lived off the wife's income. We are right at the point where we can start to enjoy the fruits we worked for and they want us to give even more? They get close to 50% of all our earnings and still say we haven't done our share. It's infuriating to say the least. What I want is for those watching is to emulate our plan. I want people to know we did nothing special and we did it without help or inheritance. Literally, just hard work and persistence. We sacrificed the fun times and playing times for this and now we feel it's our turn to play and the system is changing the rules. Again. So, yes, they sure seem like their pushing us out the door even if that's not the intention. They better pay close attention to what's happening in New York, Chicago and California and those fleeing better not vote stupid like they did in the first place.
I guess we are lucky in the fact that we can just pick up and leave. There's many that can't even leave their hometown. I sure don't want to as I think the American dream is still alive, that those who are willing to work hard, can have a home, family and pursue liberty. But GD, the Dems are sure trying to burn it down and with republican support.
I feel better now. That was a lot to get out.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I feel better now. That was a lot to get out.
Good stuff, though.

Nov 6, 2010

- Late-term Abortions
- Wealth Tax
- Increased Tax Rates
- Green New Deal

I suppose on this board I'm a liberal, so I'll address as best as I can.

Supreme court - Don't care as long as nominees are qualified. I would like that process somehow be de-politicized, but I know that is crazy.
Electoral college - I'm torn. I get why it was created, but in today's America, it seems to further exacerbate the current divides, because presidential candidates only campaign in winnable states, and therefore after elected, only cater to those states, not the entire nation. This is true for both parties. It also neuters voters in heavily red or blue states, which I think is bad for the process and for participation. I'd like to see it changed if not abolished for those reasons.
Expansion of Illegal's rights - Not sure I understand what is being proposed here
Wealth tax and general tax increases - I"m for it as long as no party will endorse spending cuts or balanced budget positions. At this point, tax increases AND spending cuts are called for, but that doesn't seem to be a part of any party platform.
Green new deal - There are just too few details for this to be a serious platform plank. I am all for renewable energy, and think the US should be working toward converting as much as possible. But I haven't seen anything detailed enough from this nebulous proposal to say if I'm for or against.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
GumbyFromPokeyLand wants to mislead you. There is no such thing as a 2020 Democrat Platform. It is true that there is the 2016 Democrat Platform, and there is not a word in it about:

- Green New Deal

Democrats support a legal immigration system, but believe the current one is broken and needs fixed.