2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Anyone going to Frisco this year? We went down a couple of years ago and enjoyed the 3 day round robin. If you need to convince your wife the IKEA next door should close the deal.
I plan to go and wear orange. Looking at the teams we will play - A&M, UCLA, and Illinois; we have a overall losing record against all three teams. I'm thinking it would be hard to find three teams which we had a losing cumulative record against. We are 0-10 the last 10 games against A&M, including two 3 game series sweeps, one at home and at College Station.

I live in Aggieland, so I really would like for us to beat them after recent football and basketball games. If we don't win in baseball I vote we send the wrestling team to College Station and challenge them.....

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2015
Houston
this topic has been very quiet, with the season starting three weeks from today. I figured we would have some people that had been out to practice wanting to give some updates to the board.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I plan to go and wear orange. Looking at the teams we will play - A&M, UCLA, and Illinois; we have a overall losing record against all three teams. I'm thinking it would be hard to find three teams which we had a losing cumulative record against. We are 0-10 the last 10 games against A&M, including two 3 game series sweeps, one at home and at College Station.

I live in Aggieland, so I really would like for us to beat them after recent football and basketball games. If we don't win in baseball I vote we send the wrestling team to College Station and challenge them.....

If they begin crowing too loudly, ask them how it is even possible that an athletic program of their stature can't figure out a way to finish in the top 4 in basketball, baseball, or football since World War II.

Jun 5, 2016
Dallas

I wonder why we never play in the Houston classic? Play in a major league stadium and play agains a couple sec schools. Just curious as I would think that would be a good early season test.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
I wonder why we never play in the Houston classic? Play in a major league stadium and play agains a couple sec schools. Just curious as I would think that would be a good early season test.
This will be plenty of “early season test”. These are really good teams. Frisco Riders stadium is a great place for college baseball. It’ll be packed for the A&M games and there are plenty of us Poke fans down here. It’ll be a lot of fun!

Jun 5, 2016
Dallas
This will be plenty of “early season test”. These are really good teams. Frisco Riders stadium is a great place for college baseball. It’ll be packed for the A&M games and there are plenty of us Poke fans down here. It’ll be a lot of fun![/
Agreed. I remember attending the Arizona game when Parker Scott started a few years ago in that ball park. Just wondered why we never go to that tournament.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Answering several questions pending recently, since it’s not FallBall, I would not expect any kind of public scrimmage schedule. The guys are practicing every day to get ready for the season, but in season Josh takes more quiet approach to what is being displayed in practice.

Josh loves scheduling a big Classic tourney every year. Example playing in Dodger stadium last year. We’ve played Frisco a lot recently, because it’s a great venue and well run event. Additionally, we had strong ties with Vilade and Frisco. To be invited back so quickly after our last trip speaks to the relationship. As far as the Houston Shriners College Classic, they take a limited number of Big12 teams and favor Texas schools if they can get them for their attendance numbers.

First Pitch Banquet was last night: few updates Larry says we’ve sold 7 of our 11 O’Brate suites and the other 4 have people interested. Tal Light was visibly moved by being included in our Hall of Fame. It meant a lot of him to be honored by a school that has become so important to him and his family. Joe Lienhard was awarded the Spady award and spoke about listening to the Spady family every year at the banquets and appreciating being honored with an award for his dedication to baseball. Boone made sure to win the picture of Boone’s HR in the silent auction. Heaney was there as usual. It’s great that he remains so loyal to the program. Hub and Victor Romero deserve a lot of credit for putting on a great event.

Feb 18, 2009
https://mobile.twitter.com/OKSTProbs/status/1221467739258343424

If that doesn’t get you ready for baseball season, nothing will.

This had better be a part of the pregame hype video at every game at O’Brate for at least the next decade.
Every time I hear him say "forget about it" it comes out very naughty for some reason. Makes me laugh every time.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This list is laughable. OU having that many on the Preseason All-Conference team is a joke. First, Cade Cavalli always chokes against us. We have figured out Levi Prater now and who the heck is Ruffcorn? Also, the fast the Houston is on this list ahead of Nick Loftin is a joke as well.
McCusker not being on there is also a big omission.