2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 6, 2012
How does everyone feel about Robin Ventura being added to this staff in a player development role
I'm not sure how anyone can not be excited about a former major league player, major league manager and one of the greatest hitters of all time coming back to help with the program. Unless, of course, you are a fan of another team.

This coaching staff is LOADED. Baseball can not get here soon enough.

Dec 21, 2008
So for the opener on the 20th is during spring break for many schools in the area. It will be sold out but does anyone know when tickets will be for sale? And is the 20th a guarantee opening?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I wasn't there, but had a friend who took his son. Said he didn't see him......

I did notice on twitter that someone else was there. Matt Holliday's close friend, Lance Berkman.

Stillwater just has all sorts of baseball legends wandering around - Gary Ward, Matt Holliday, Lance Berkman, Robin Ventura, Inky was around a month or so ago, not to mention Holliday/Walton/Lees and all of the former players who come back regularly (Garrett Williams, Donnie Walton, and Heaney were around to work out recently). That's a lot of Hall of Famers, World Series Rings, Silver Sluggers, and Gold Gloves walking around.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I did notice on twitter that someone else was there. Matt Holliday's close friend, Lance Berkman.

Stillwater just has all sorts of baseball legends wandering around - Gary Ward, Matt Holliday, Lance Berkman, Robin Ventura, Inky was around a month or so ago, not to mention Holliday/Walton/Lees and all of the former players who come back regularly (Garrett Williams, Donnie Walton, and Heaney were around to work out recently). That's a lot of Hall of Famers, World Series Rings, Silver Sluggers, and Gold Gloves walking around.
@osubaseball) <a href="https://twitter.com/OSUBaseball/status/1217151328977408000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

">January 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
That he's moving back to take classes and be a grad assistant. He's reached the pinnacle twice and, unlike Matt, he doesn't live in the area. Matt made sense because he was there all the time anyway. Great to have him and his wisdom.
“I’m really excited to do this,” Ventura said. “For me, I could do quite a few things, but Oklahoma State and Cowboy baseball is special. I wanted to do and be somewhere that meant a lot to me, not just the baseball part — I love baseball and coaching and being a part of that — but being at Oklahoma State adds an extra layer of specialness to me.”

This is an example of that Cowboy culture we're always talking about.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-baseball-adds-robin-ventura-as-student-assistant/

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
FYI to those wondering about seats at the new place. I believe current & new season ticket holders have until the end of Jan to place their deposits for the new place. And I have heard that current season ticket holders are #2 in the pecking order behind Major Donors to the new stadium.

Capture4.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
@osubaseball) <a href="https://twitter.com/OSUBaseball/status/1217151328977408000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

">January 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is this an indication players will have their names on the back of the jerseys? It's been a long time since that has happened. Would love to see names on the back of the unis and maybe bring back the Pistol Pete patch on the left sleeve (tip of the cap to GW), loved that!

Guess it probably Robin just holding an old jersey.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Is this an indication players will have their names on the back of the jerseys? It's been a long time since that has happened. Would love to see names on the back of the unis and maybe bring back the Pistol Pete patch on the left sleeve (tip of the cap to GW), loved that!

yes, i would guess the latter, but I don't have any idea..........

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com

I can tell from the design on the sleeve it’s an old jersey.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
“I’m really excited to do this,” Ventura said. “For me, I could do quite a few things, but Oklahoma State and Cowboy baseball is special. I wanted to do and be somewhere that meant a lot to me, not just the baseball part — I love baseball and coaching and being a part of that — but being at Oklahoma State adds an extra layer of specialness to me.”

This is an example of that Cowboy culture we're always talking about.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-baseball-adds-robin-ventura-as-student-assistant/
I love having RV on this coaching staff, but since Beltran stepped down in NY, any chance the Mets look to him to fill the vacancy?

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Roster has been updated. Notable names missing:

Jake Taylor
Jake Northern
Jaden Woodson
Gage Gaunt

Sad to see Taylor go, and I was hoping we would be able to keep Woodson too, but probably looking for more playing time. I think Gaunt ended up at Seminole State.
I agree on Taylor. He showed some flashes but just never could be consistent. Of course, being a catcher with the yips doesn’t help.