2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 24, 2015
Houston
I really have no idea, but I'll take a stab at it just from what I've read here and there.

LF - Sifrit/McCusker
CF - Trenkle/Sifrit
RF - Cabiness/McCusker
3B - Thompson/Polcovich
SS - Morrill/Hewitt
2B - Polcovich/Hewitt/Gardner
1B - Garcia/Robertson?/Taylor?
C - Mathis/Spiegel
DH - McCusker/Thompson/Sifrit/Hewitt/Robertson

Batting Order (shot in the dark here):
Morrill
Trenkle
Polcovich
McCusker
Garcia
Thompson
Cabiness
Sifrit
Mathis (if Mathis is a fastball hitter, if not, I would flip Sifrit and Mathis because you're not throwing out Sifrit at 2nd base if you're throwing breaking balls)
Just by looking through the roster and reading some things. This has the making of being a super loaded team come next year. Especially with some of the young arms like Osmond, Davis, Campball having some time to develop. Not saying this year wont be good but next year could be pretty special.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
I really have no idea, but I'll take a stab at it just from what I've read here and there.

LF - Sifrit/McCusker
CF - Trenkle/Sifrit
RF - Cabiness/McCusker
3B - Thompson/Polcovich
SS - Morrill/Hewitt
2B - Polcovich/Hewitt/Gardner
1B - Garcia/Robertson?/Taylor?
C - Mathis/Spiegel
DH - McCusker/Thompson/Sifrit/Hewitt/Robertson

Batting Order (shot in the dark here):
Morrill
Trenkle
Polcovich
McCusker
Garcia
Thompson
Cabiness
Sifrit
Mathis (if Mathis is a fastball hitter, if not, I would flip Sifrit and Mathis because you're not throwing out Sifrit at 2nd base if you're throwing breaking balls)
When in doubt I trust Ptak. Still tough to say but one thing is for certain. Some pretty good players are gonna be on the bench every game. Only 9 players get to play at a time last time I checked. That’s a good sign for our program! Competition for playing time is a very good thing

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
D1baseball's rankings are out this morning, and they have the Cowboys at #22, a little low, IMO.

Someone on twitter asked Kendall Rogers about us, here's what he said:

"Oklahoma State is going to hit, and I LOVE the pieces at the backend of the bullpen with Standlee and Co. My concern is two freshmen in the weekend rotation. Hugely talented, but still a ?. 20s is a good starting spot for OSU, IMO. Big upside."

Kind of interesting, since I really would have figured the bullpen is where all the youth would end up. I'm assuming that he thinks that Kale Davis & Justin Campbell will end up in the weekend rotation, with, obviously, Parker Scott being the the Friday night guy. I'm personally still holding out hope that Stone gets things together and barges his way into the rotation, and I still wouldn't be surprised to see Standlee or Phansalkar in the rotation at some point in conference play.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
D1baseball's rankings are out this morning, and they have the Cowboys at #22, a little low, IMO.

"Oklahoma State is going to hit, and I LOVE the pieces at the backend of the bullpen with Standlee and Co. My concern is two freshmen in the weekend rotation. Hugely talented, but still a ?. 20s is a good starting spot for OSU, IMO. Big upside."

Kind of interesting, since I really would have figured the bullpen is where all the youth would end up. I'm assuming that he thinks that Kale Davis & Justin Campbell will end up in the weekend rotation, with, obviously, Parker Scott being the the Friday night guy. I'm personally still holding out hope that Stone gets things together and barges his way into the rotation, and I still wouldn't be surprised to see Standlee or Phansalkar in the rotation at some point in conference play.
I think big Mitch will be a force this year. He has all the tools, just needs to get his head right. Last year Rob went away from him very quickly instead of letting him work through it (not a criticism, he had other arms), but Stone showed some signs of getting right late in the year. His arm angle is something you can't duplicate, if he can find a comfort zone he should have a big year.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston

Where do you figure Bryce Osmond ends up