2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Any thoughts on if he will make it to campus?
I have no idea, but at the rate we’re going at right now, every single commit is a threat to be drafted high enough to decide to go pro instead of college. That’s an awesome problem to have. That’s the kind of problem that Vanderbilt, Florida, LSU, and Oregon State always has.

Nov 14, 2010
I have no idea, but at the rate we’re going at right now, every single commit is a threat to be drafted high enough to decide to go pro instead of college. That’s an awesome problem to have. That’s the kind of problem that Vanderbilt, Florida, LSU, and Oregon State always has.
We now have the training facilities to compete with the idea of signing a professional contract.

We are going to have better facilities than anything they're going to have at the A ball level, so, if a kid really thinks that he can increase his draft status, there will be no reason for him not to come to school.

Especially if we start getting on the big stage in the CWS which I think is getting ready to happen pretty frequently.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
We now have the training facilities to compete with the idea of signing a professional contract.

We are going to have better facilities than anything they're going to have at the A ball level, so, if a kid really thinks that he can increase his draft status, there will be no reason for him not to come to school.

Especially if we start getting on the big stage in the CWS which I think is getting ready to happen pretty frequently.

And, another interesting perspective I heard from someone one time is that it's actually easier for high profile prospects' families to watch them on TV when they end up at a high profile school, than if they were shipped to the minors. I'll be VERY interested to see what the Youtube setup looks like at O'Brate this upcoming year. Or, you may know this, is everything not on the regular channels going to shift over to ESPN+?

Aug 7, 2006
And, another interesting perspective I heard from someone one time is that it's actually easier for high profile prospects' families to watch them on TV when they end up at a high profile school, than if they were shipped to the minors. I'll be VERY interested to see what the Youtube setup looks like at O'Brate this upcoming year. Or, you may know this, is everything not on the regular channels going to shift over to ESPN+?
Pretty sure we're done streaming to YouTube and everything will be on ESPN+.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Signing day. All over Twitter I’m seeing who Baylor signed, who Texas signed, who Tx Tech signed. No word from OSU Baseball. Small thing I guess but a thing none the less.

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
Signing day. All over Twitter I’m seeing who Baylor signed, who Texas signed, who Tx Tech signed. No word from OSU Baseball. Small thing I guess but a thing none the less.
OSU has always been very hush-hush about their baseball signing classes. It usually comes out in a big release way down the road. It sure would be nice to celebrate these kids and give the fans another reason to be excited about baseball during a non-baseball time of the year.

Literally every football/basketball signee gets their own twitter announcement. How hard would it be for baseball to do the same thing?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
OSU has always been very hush-hush about their baseball signing classes. It usually comes out in a big release way down the road. It sure would be nice to celebrate these kids and give the fans another reason to be excited about baseball during a non-baseball time of the year.

Literally every football/basketball signee gets their own twitter announcement. How hard would it be for baseball to do the same thing?

Agree, very frustrating.... We haven't even had a write up yet on the guys we brought in this fall, the most heralded recruiting class we've had in a few years.

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
Agree, very frustrating.... We haven't even had a write up yet on the guys we brought in this fall, the most heralded recruiting class we've had in a few years.
I get that baseball is so much different because of the draft and that some of the players on your write-up aren't going to make it to campus. So what? Give us something to be excited about and talk about. It could certainly drive conversation when most are talking football and hoops.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
I get that baseball is so much different because of the draft and that some of the players on your write-up aren't going to make it to campus. So what? Give us something to be excited about and talk about. It could certainly drive conversation when most are talking football and hoops.

And, that's really not even the reason they don't do it. It's because we haven't put any type of priority AT ALL (other than O'Brate Stadium), on baseball since the Ward days. They don't prioritize baseball at all, it isn't even on their radar.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Or at least hit retweet on the kids who are posting. Found this one.
https://twitter.com/s3babyo/status/1194391838721007617?s=21

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Some of you may have already seen this D1 write up of our baseball team but if you haven’t it’s a fun read.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/...le-despite-loss?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Came here to post this.

I’m salivating. Trenkle barrels up line drives more than anyone else on the team, and Sifrit is our fall player of the year by far?

All of the D1 guys are picking Vandy and Arky for Omaha again. These are two teams who have raked in top 10 recruiting classes for almost a decade now. Considering how many new faces we have and that we played them both straight up for 30 combined innings, that’s a very very good sign.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Preseason Top 10

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/...-preseason-top-25?utm_campaign=inline-article

But, I certainly disagree with a lot of it. Texas Tech is way too high, lol. Not sure I'm buying Arizona State in the top 25, and I don't see WV being top 15 after losing Manoah. I would replace Baylor with TCU, I just don't see Baylor bouncing back that strong after what they lost. I would also have Florida and Oregon State in the top 25 for sure. Michigan had a heck of a run, but they're not the 3rd best team in the nation coming into next year. They're good, but not that good.

And, are we waiting until February to release our schedule??? Geeze.