2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
The Vanderbilts and Floridas always have a couple of these types of guys that they got to campus. If we want to elevate our program we have to start getting a few to campus. That starts with getting them to commit. And it’s not like OSU never gets a guy to bypass big money. Garrett Williams was a possible first rounder. So was Osmond.

When we get a big commitment like this I’m not sure that it’s a great sign that our internet fans are always responding with “well, he won’t end up on campus anyway”. Our program is changing. Our facilities are in place. Our coaching staff hasn’t been better since the Ward days. It’s time for our fans to get really excited. I mean, just look at what we’ve already gotten done on the recruiting trail and we haven’t even had Matt and Marty in staff that long.

Justin Campbell
Roc Riggio
Cole Ayers
Brock Mathis
Cayden Brumbaugh
Jackson Holliday
Marcus Brown
Ryan Ure
Christian Encarnación
Aidan Meola

This thing is just getting started and our fans need to get excited.
Oh make no mistake I’m really excited!

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK

Where are you seeing this? I saw where we played one with Vandy and lost 12-7. ????
I went and watched... the Osu write up was terrible. Not sure they were actually there. They played two 8inning scrimmages with 30 minute break between. Vandy won first one 9-0. We won 7-3 second one. If you add the totals that would be 12-7 but they were two separate games, cleared score board and started over.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
I went and watched... the Osu write up was terrible. Not sure they were actually there. They played two 8inning scrimmages with 30 minute break between. Vandy won first one 9-0. We won 7-3 second one. If you add the totals that would be 12-7 but they were two separate games, cleared score board and started over.
ok cool...thanks man!

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
I actually think the plan is to use Standlee in that role.
I have heard some whispers of this as well. I just know that with Standlee's multi-inning ability it will be very hard not to turn to him in the 5th inning when a starter has begun to wear down. He is the type of guy that can close the final 2-4 innings and not actually need a slam the door type closer. Leeper, with his injury history, is more of a 30 pitch max guy (for his own health, not that he isn't capable of more) and I think he will continue to serve in a closer's role.

On the flip side of that, we could see Leeper mid game for an inning or so between a starter and the final inning or 2 of Standlee. This is something that has really intrigued me, simply because their are a lot of viable options. It gives Walton the ability to be a little more creative in the way he is finishing out games.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
I have heard some whispers of this as well. I just know that with Standlee's multi-inning ability it will be very hard not to turn to him in the 5th inning when a starter has begun to wear down. He is the type of guy that can close the final 2-4 innings and not actually need a slam the door type closer. Leeper, with his injury history, is more of a 30 pitch max guy (for his own health, not that he isn't capable of more) and I think he will continue to serve in a closer's role.

On the flip side of that, we could see Leeper mid game for an inning or so between a starter and the final inning or 2 of Standlee. This is something that has really intrigued me, simply because their are a lot of viable options. It gives Walton the ability to be a little more creative in the way he is finishing out games.
Guys I could actually see them using Leeper in the Vince Wheeland role and then let Brett close things out but also I could see it reversed with Brett having the ability go multiple innings and then Leeper close it out. But this is the luxury we have with Parker, Osmond, Campbell, Stone, and Phansalkar as starting rotation options.