2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
https://mobile.twitter.com/West_CoastKings/status/1186044395721637888

Dude’s numbers as a freshman at yavapai were insane.

http://www.accac.org/sports/bsb/2018-19/players/christianencarnacionstrandg050

I could be misinterpreting but it looks like he led the nation in RBI, total bases, home runs, and slugging percentage and was second in the country in batting average, as a freshman. I know that you never know with juco guys but the potential is something to be excited about.

Was drafted by the Mariners before going to yavapai.

Aug 7, 2006
https://mobile.twitter.com/aidanmeola1/status/1185613052420542465

Ranked in the 450’s for the 2021 class currently but is a quick riser right now, really had scouts buzzing recently in Florida. Potential big time bat w pop.
He is the son of former US National Team goalie Tony Meola, so that's pretty cool.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
FWIW there is no home series with Vandy this year. Vandy just released their schedule, I’m assuming it’s bumped to allow us to play it in O’Brate next year.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
What's the story on Riggio? What I'd read sounded like he was a UCLA commit early on. Don't know much about him though.

He’s a top 30 prospect nationally for the 2021 class. I know he might not make it to campus, but he’s a truly special talent. Small lefty hitter. Has speed. But he’s one of the more impressive high school hitters I’ve ever seen video on. Reminds me of Andrew Benintendi. His swing is beautiful. And he absolutely crushes the ball consistently.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
He’s a top 30 prospect nationally for the 2021 class. I know he might not make it to campus, but he’s a truly special talent. Small lefty hitter. Has speed. But he’s one of the more impressive high school hitters I’ve ever seen video on. Reminds me of Andrew Benintendi. His swing is beautiful. And he absolutely crushes the ball consistently.
Already feeling the effect of Matt being added to the staff

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Unless he really wants to go to school I doubt he will make it to campus but I agree with you it’s definitely a positive that some of these top tier guys are choosing the Pokes. Combination of the staff plus being able to play in a state of the art facility.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Unless he really wants to go to school I doubt he will make it to campus but I agree with you it’s definitely a positive that some of these top tier guys are choosing the Pokes. Combination of the staff plus being able to play in a state of the art facility.

The Vanderbilts and Floridas always have a couple of these types of guys that they got to campus. If we want to elevate our program we have to start getting a few to campus. That starts with getting them to commit. And it’s not like OSU never gets a guy to bypass big money. Garrett Williams was a possible first rounder. So was Osmond.

When we get a big commitment like this I’m not sure that it’s a great sign that our internet fans are always responding with “well, he won’t end up on campus anyway”. Our program is changing. Our facilities are in place. Our coaching staff hasn’t been better since the Ward days. It’s time for our fans to get really excited. I mean, just look at what we’ve already gotten done on the recruiting trail and we haven’t even had Matt and Marty in staff that long.

Justin Campbell
Roc Riggio
Cole Ayers
Brock Mathis
Cayden Brumbaugh
Jackson Holliday
Marcus Brown
Ryan Ure
Christian Encarnación
Aidan Meola

This thing is just getting started and our fans need to get excited.