Men's Basketball 2019 SG Marcus Watson Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
This would be good get. Big strong guard who appears to be able to guard multiple positions. Kind of like Dillard could but I imagine he has his head screwed on a bit tighter.nd

Hopefully the Boone twins and Anderson recruited him up on his visit and he enjoyed his time with him.

Mar 27, 2008
Watson looks like a stud. I would love to see him in GIA! His highlights show just how explosive he can be on offense, but he looks really athletic and quick like he would be a great defender too.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2008
Man we are on some BIG time talent for this last spot and in 2020. I think Bryce Thompson watches to see how we do before pulling the trigger with KU or us. I am hoping we can get this monster! Looks like a potential NBA type talent! What is with the Boston College look? I know we have connections to the NE, but BC is like 40-90 the past 4 yrs. They have been battling us for several east coast recruits...

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
We need to keep our eyes on this coming weekend, I think that may be when he makes his choice...

If I remember correctly, his last visit is to Oregon on the 12th, this Friday. Then I assume a decision will soon follow.

If we get this guy, we are going to have a top 10 recruiting class *guaranteed*. I can't believe that. And the talent would be evenly distributed, unlike past recruiting classes, where we may have one McDonald's five-star...and a bunch of scrubs. Coach Boynton is building a *team* and I love it.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Man we are on some BIG time talent for this last spot and in 2020. I think Bryce Thompson watches to see how we do before pulling the trigger with KU or us. I am hoping we can get this monster! Looks like a potential NBA type talent! What is with the Boston College look? I know we have connections to the NE, but BC is like 40-90 the past 4 yrs. They have been battling us for several east coast recruits...
They just produced a lottery pick so guys think they can go there, get early playing time and showcase in the ACC, and then leave after their freshman or sophomore year.

That said their facilities are REALLY bad, fan support isn't much better, and their chancelor doesn't believe that athletics is worth spending money on... so even when they do get a donation for something towards athletics it goes into a general fund.

Dec 21, 2008
Oregon always makes me nervous. Their facilities and Nike connection are impossible to beat. Hoping playing for family means something to him! Plus tweeting at Avery after his commitment & being with Avery and the twins a couple weekends ago is all we can ask for! If we get him we will be ecstatic!!!!

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Oregon always makes me nervous. Their facilities and Nike connection are impossible to beat. Hoping playing for family means something to him! Plus tweeting at Avery after his commitment & being with Avery and the twins a couple weekends ago is all we can ask for! If we get him we will be ecstatic!!!!
The one big aspect that will keep him from committing to Oregon is that it's on the opposite side of the country.