Men's Basketball 2019 SG Chris Harris Jr. Signs with OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Man I wish we could show behind the scenes stuff like football does. Basketball is so much smaller and more intimate on recruiting trips. Wish we could see them playing pool, playing pick up, on the campus tour etc. I love seeing future football players fall in love and post pics on campus and at Eskimo Joes with family and coaches etc. basketball just gets to share a couple uniform photos, which I love just would love even more to see more how it went. Thanks Casper for all that you do!!!!!!!!!

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Man I wish we could show behind the scenes stuff like football does. Basketball is so much smaller and more intimate on recruiting trips. Wish we could see them playing pool, playing pick up, on the campus tour etc. I love seeing future football players fall in love and post pics on campus and at Eskimo Joes with family and coaches etc. basketball just gets to share a couple uniform photos, which I love just would love even more to see more how it went. Thanks Casper for all that you do!!!!!!!!!
That would be cool, I agree, but I also think they don't want to put too much onto the hype train for people like us.

"OMG he's playing pick up ball with Ike and Marcus!"

"OMG he's eating cheese fries at Joe's!"

"OMG he helped a bunch of ducklings find their way back to Theta Pond!"

"OMG..." "OMG..." so on and so forth.

Just leave it at "he visited, he got to wear our jersey to picture himself doing so, he caught a game, done".

Mar 27, 2008
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tovers-dishing-on-alabama-memphis-temple-more

"Oklahoma State has a 33.3 percent chance of winning the recruitment of Chris Harris Jr.
I say this because he will take an official visit to Texas Tech once the college season completes. He will then come to a decision, while keeping Texas A&M in mind.

The former Texas A&M signee was given his release following the coaching change in College Station earlier this month, but Harris and his family are open to circling back around to the SEC program after a hiring. However, his visit to OK State went very well and the Cowboys have a good chance with him. The Red Raiders have some momentum, thanks to their proximity to the in-state prospect and their run this season. But selecting a favorite for him continues to be difficult and likely will continue to be until the next Aggies coach is named. Look for a commitment before May."

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
One of my employees has close ties to the AAU scene in DFW. He refs games and his two sons play AAU ball. His oldest is a sophomore and has drawn some mild interest from OSU. Anyway, he texted Chris’s dad on Monday to get an update on his recruiting. His dad said that he has a visit left at Tech and then will decide between OSU, Tech, and A&M. It sounded like the visit at OSU went well. Tony, the employee commented that he doesn’t play defense well enough to go to Tech. I guess time will tell though.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
One of my employees has close ties to the AAU scene in DFW. He refs games and his two sons play AAU ball. His oldest is a sophomore and has drawn some mild interest from OSU. Anyway, he texted Chris’s dad on Monday to get an update on his recruiting. His dad said that he has a visit left at Tech and then will decide between OSU, Tech, and A&M. It sounded like the visit at OSU went well. Tony, the employee commented that he doesn’t play defense well enough to go to Tech. I guess time will tell though.
The Tech visit is this weekend.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tovers-dishing-on-alabama-memphis-temple-more

"Oklahoma State has a 33.3 percent chance of winning the recruitment of Chris Harris Jr.
I say this because he will take an official visit to Texas Tech once the college season completes. He will then come to a decision, while keeping Texas A&M in mind.

The former Texas A&M signee was given his release following the coaching change in College Station earlier this month, but Harris and his family are open to circling back around to the SEC program after a hiring. However, his visit to OK State went very well and the Cowboys have a good chance with him. The Red Raiders have some momentum, thanks to their proximity to the in-state prospect and their run this season. But selecting a favorite for him continues to be difficult and likely will continue to be until the next Aggies coach is named. Look for a commitment before May."
Real value added here. "He is looking at three schools. I give 1 of them a 33.33% chance of getting him Vern. Back to you Bob!"

Sep 23, 2010
I am not sure our standard of defending will be much different than Tech's once we get all the horses in the stable. We have similar philosophies except we extend out on the line a little further than they do (big mistake on our part in my opinion). They also switch far more, which could be personnel related. Both teams defend the middle of the floor and force baseline. Our issue is when the ball is up top, they defend the elbows far better than we do at this moment. They let that initial pass to the wing happen easier, then they try to keep the ball on one side of the court.