Men's Basketball 2019 SG Caleb Grill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pennpoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2012
York, PA
He’s got a nice stroke on the three. This would be a nice kid to get.

Wondering how this would be if we were to hypothetically get him and Harris. I.E two freshmen instead of transfers. We’d be really young with that many freshmen.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

Wondering how this would be if we were to hypothetically get him and Harris. I.E two freshmen instead of transfers. We’d be really young with that many freshmen.
If we could keep them all for 4 years it would be great. Hopefully the continuing revolving door is over with

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

Honestly I think it would be better. We need a mature big man, but at the same time you build a program around freshmen... South Carolina and Texas Tech might catch Final Four lightning in a bottle with transfers, but I don't know if Boynton should be playing that game...

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Honestly I think it would be better. We need a mature big man, but at the same time you build a program around freshmen... South Carolina and Texas Tech might catch Final Four lightning in a bottle with transfers, but I don't know if Boynton should be playing that game...
While I agree with you, I'm not sure how picky coaches can be anymore with regard to transfers. It's literally impossible to keep up with the number of them now.

Nov 6, 2010
While I agree with you, I'm not sure how picky coaches can be anymore with regard to transfers. It's literally impossible to keep up with the number of them now.
Look at how Eddie Sutton built our final four squads. Lost of transfers even before it was the thing to do.

Sep 23, 2010
That highlight video was pretty impressive. Largely because he first few minutes were comprised of just the state tournament, which would have been a max of 3 games. That tells me he does all those things athletically and shooting wise in nearly every game.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Terry Collins came as a Freshman.

Not sure I would classify Burley as a “transfer” find. He signed with OSU, but went to Seminole JC because he didn’t qualify.

Rutherford also went to Seminole JC, but I don’t recall his story.

I wouldn’t classify a Junior College “transfer” like getting a Division I transfer. Junior College athletes usually have the goal to go to a 4 year school.