Football 2019 S Dax Hill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
uo has 4 db’s on nfl rosters the Cowboys have 8.
Overall you and others have a valid point but as far as being a high profile big time Oklahoma HS’er db who went high in the draft, Steven Parker says, hey what’s up. 10 yr past drafts not withstanding, the recent success of Gundy getting db’s to the nfl should be a selling point for him against uo.
Agreed!!

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Sorry if this is wrong forum. Feel free to move to recruiting if necessary...

Last Sunday afternoon, Oklahoma State running back Justice Hill jolted Cowboy fans with a six-syllable tweet: “Uh oh. #Dax2Stilly.”

For effect, Hill added the glancing-eyes emoji used by Oklahoma football coach Lincoln Riley and OSU basketball coach Mike Boynton before a recruited athlete announces his commitment.

“Dax” is Daxton Hill, Justice Hill’s younger brother and a five-star safety for the defending Class 6AII champion Booker T. Washington football team.

“Stilly” is Stillwater.

And when Dax Hill responded to his brother’s Twitter activity with a glancing-eyes emoji of his own, Oklahoma State fans lost their minds.

Nothing is imminent, says Derrick Hill, the father of Justice and Dax.

“They were having some brotherly fun,” Derrick Hill said. “It should be taken with a grain of salt.”
Link

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
B.T. Washington coach Brad Calip says it will remain a myster until Hill wants the rest of the world to know, if his experience with Hill is any indication.

“It’s hard to get a read on him because he’s so quiet,” Calip said.

Has Calip given Hill any advice?

“Go and visit and see what you like. You’ve got six good schools and surely one of them is gonna be the best,” Calip said.

“There has to be a good feel with the head coach and the position coach. (Hill) has to be comfortable with them. It’s going to come down to the athlete and his parents and where they and want him to go. Dax’s parents (Derrick and Tia Hill) have been through this before with their other son, so they know what they’re doing.”
Link

Dec 21, 2008
There are two things that will keep him in Stillwater. Close to his family and getting to play with his brother. That is it. Facilities, schemes, coaches, current players, his HS teammate commit, those are all nice but not selling points.

His personality and people close to him make me assume he is a big school guy. Going to Bama or Ohio State would not surprise me. They have 100k people stadium and recycle multiple guys to the NFL every year. We are lucky to even have 2-3 drafted on a good year. When these big schools celebritize him on his visit(s) it really means a lot to him. We in Stillwater don't celebritize him, we assume he is coming here.

It will be a tough decision for him but I think we are currently in like 3rd place

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
There are two things that will keep him in Stillwater. Close to his family and getting to play with his brother. That is it. Facilities, schemes, coaches, current players, his HS teammate commit, those are all nice but not selling points.

His personality and people close to him make me assume he is a big school guy. Going to Bama or Ohio State would not surprise me. They have 100k people stadium and recycle multiple guys to the NFL every year. We are lucky to even have 2-3 drafted on a good year. When these big schools celebritize him on his visit(s) it really means a lot to him. We in Stillwater don't celebritize him, we assume he is coming here.

It will be a tough decision for him but I think we are currently in like 3rd place
well I don't know about you but I certainly would celebrate him! He's a 5 star player. Only a very select few of those guys each year. One 2nd 5 star commit every for Mike Gundy if he commits.

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa

I have to disagree that we don’t celebritize him. Talented as he is, to every other school in the country he is just another recruit. Not for us. He is literally the center of our entire recruiting news cycle. He is mentioned every single time recruiting is discussed in a podcast or article by all of the many fine services that cover OSU. If we get him he will be remembered as the player that proved OSU had a chance of finally breaking into the top rank of recruiting. This is probably the most important recruiting battle we’ve ever had a shot of winning.

We may not have thousands of active twitter drones like Bama and tOSU, but to say we don’t celebrities him is ridiculous.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Alabama putting top end recruits in the NFL isn’t that impressive. If they were doing it with 30-40 ranked classes that would be something.

Feb 5, 2007
We have by far the best recruiting tool on this kid. A brothers bond is hard to break. I have a 7 and 6 yr old. Totally opposite personalities, but inseperable. I hope its the same way with the Hills.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Of course everyone is assuming his brother will even come back next year. Justice could leave after this year and thus would not play with his brother.

Dec 21, 2008
“Goals in mind” means become an NFL millionaire. This is what every 5 star recruit thinks about in any sport.

I’ve heard from teammates that Justice wants to stay all 4 yrs and finish his degree. I don’t think he’s big enough this year to go in the top 3 rounds. He is very intelligent and I believe he will stay 2 more years and try and become a 2/3rd rounder and put on 5-10 more lbs

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Goals in mind” means become an NFL millionaire. This is what every 5 star recruit thinks about in any sport.

I’ve heard from teammates that Justice wants to stay all 4 yrs and finish his degree. I don’t think he’s big enough this year to go in the top 3 rounds. He is very intelligent and I believe he will stay 2 more years and try and become a 2/3rd rounder and put on 5-10 more lbs
Interesting. I had heard that Gundy expected Justice would play two more years in Stillwater, but it's great to hear the players are saying the same thing.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Booker T. Washington safety Dax Hill, widely regarded as the state's top college football recruit, announced late Wednesday afternoon on Twitter that he will reveal his college choice soon.

His previously announced six finalists are Alabama, Oklahoma, OSU, Clemson, Michigan and Ohio State.

In 2017, Hill was selected to the All-World first team and All-State second team as he helped the Hornets win the Class 6AII state championship. He returned three of his five interceptions for touchdowns and also scored on a fumble return. He had 67 tackles, including six for losses.
Link

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Just me, but I an thinking that Knowles plan to put the corners on islands would have to be a better fit and might help us in the running.

Status
Not open for further replies.