Football 2019 S Dax Hill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Listening to sports animal today and they were talking about Dax and OU/Michigan talking about Michigan going to South Africa and Greece the next two years as football “educational” trips. I hate harbaugh but this tactic is ridiculous and should not be legal....or other teams need to get ahead of the game (helicopter landing on HS campus Gundy!)

Invest $5000-10,000/kid for 2 trips and boom it’s like handing them a gift card. Legal recruiting tactic that works. Those trips would be AWESOME!!

Jun 14, 2011
Listening to sports animal today and they were talking about Dax and OU/Michigan talking about Michigan going to South Africa and Greece the next two years as football “educational” trips. I hate harbaugh but this tactic is ridiculous and should not be legal....or other teams need to get ahead of the game (helicopter landing on HS campus Gundy!)

Invest $5000-10,000/kid for 2 trips and boom it’s like handing them a gift card. Legal recruiting tactic that works. Those trips would be AWESOME!!
Also, I'm pretty sure they went to Italy last year and the whole team is in France RIGHT NOW. That has to be some B.S. shenanigans that certainly should not be allowed considering all the "rules" in place against paying players and such. Educational trips, lolololol

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2012
Michigan is in a downfall under Harbaugh(so?). Unless I overlooked it, not one Michigan player was drafted.

Ohio St and Bama are the ones I thought could convince him to leave the state.
Michigan has had as many players drafted in the past 12+ months as Texas has had in the past 6 years and as many as OU has had in the past 4 years.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Also, I'm pretty sure they went to Italy last year and the whole team is in France RIGHT NOW. That has to be some B.S. shenanigans that certainly should not be allowed considering all the "rules" in place against paying players and such. Educational trips, lolololol
Shoot! We need to go to Europe too then. Let's do it.

Dec 21, 2008
It’s not just about getting a guy or two. Arroyo is doing it now at Oregon. I have no earthly idea why we didn’t drop $500k on him and keep him as recruiting coordinator. That investment alone returns millions if these studs turn into Heisman or award winning caliber candidates. Investing in recruiting gurus is one of the best investments you can have. Selling ice to an Eskimo

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
It’s not just about getting a guy or two. Arroyo is doing it now at Oregon. I have no earthly idea why we didn’t drop $500k on him and keep him as recruiting coordinator. That investment alone returns millions if these studs turn into Heisman or award winning caliber candidates. Investing in recruiting gurus is one of the best investments you can have. Selling ice to an Eskimo
Agreed! We need to start wising up! You have a bigtime recruiter. You keep him. Heck just pay one bigtime recruiter that much to keep him around 6 or 8 years and let others come and go. It's well worth it.

Dec 21, 2008
Or Gundy could offer some of his 5Mil to get a top 3 recruiter in the country. A little sacrifice to get a potential playoff berth and a bigger contract? Already has a dream house and ranch.

The only thing stopping our growth from top 20 to top 10 is elite level talent. Boomer and the Ardmore OL are pretty solid starts. I would bet Dax is 90% lean to ou/michigan/lsu so I would move on. He is much more extroverted than Justice and never makes comments about playing with his brother so I don't think that angle plays in for us.

Henson could be the elite recruiter we need. Hopefully we can keep getting these big names and holding commits for 1.5+ yrs

teachum

Wrangler
Nov 6, 2010
Or Gundy could offer some of his 5Mil to get a top 3 recruiter in the country. A little sacrifice to get a potential playoff berth and a bigger contract? Already has a dream house and ranch.

The only thing stopping our growth from top 20 to top 10 is elite level talent. Boomer and the Ardmore OL are pretty solid starts. I would bet Dax is 90% lean to ou/michigan/lsu so I would move on. He is much more extroverted than Justice and never makes comments about playing with his brother so I don't think that angle plays in for us.

Henson could be the elite recruiter we need. Hopefully we can keep getting these big names and holding commits for 1.5+ yrs
Dude, come on, if you think it's just a matter of throwing money at a top flight recruiter, don't you think the blue bloods have already done that?? They always have more money, so we have to find other ways. We are in great shape considering our history and enrollment. Enjoy the ride.

Dec 21, 2008
well there are always several up and comers who are elite recruiters and the blue bloods nab them so there is something to it...I am not saying you can just drop 1Mil on one of the top 5 guys (Henson could end up being one of these and has proven he has been). I am just saying Arroyo created a lot of positive recruiting momentum for us and we knew he wasn't getting the OC job, I am just saying it would've been nice to create a "recruiting coordinator" type position and making it worth his stay

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
well there are always several up and comers who are elite recruiters and the blue bloods nab them so there is something to it...I am not saying you can just drop 1Mil on one of the top 5 guys (Henson could end up being one of these and has proven he has been). I am just saying Arroyo created a lot of positive recruiting momentum for us and we knew he wasn't getting the OC job, I am just saying it would've been nice to create a "recruiting coordinator" type position and making it worth his stay
That wouldn't have kept him here. He wants to coach QBs and run an offense.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Yes Arroyo was a bigtime recruiting. Getting Justice Hill and Hubbard and well our recent guy got King right?

Loved Arroyo. I'm with you on Henson. Bigtime recruiter as is Dunn our WR coach.
I prefer OL recruitment compared to RBs. We need more bodies at OL yet always came up short in numbers. There are plenty of star RB to shop around and we don't need the numbers and we had track record of bringing 4 and 5* RBs to oSu.

Henson is worth to keep more.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
LOL it's more prevalent cuz historically they've been better and more pros. that's changing but that mentality must change too for OSU to take the next step.
uo has 4 db’s on nfl rosters the Cowboys have 8.
Overall you and others have a valid point but as far as being a high profile big time Oklahoma HS’er db who went high in the draft, Steven Parker says, hey what’s up. 10 yr past drafts not withstanding, the recent success of Gundy getting db’s to the nfl should be a selling point for him against uo.

Last edited: