2019 Oklahoma Republican Platform Released!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
But this thread is about the 2019 Republican Party Platform. Or are you not proud of it and so want to change the subject to what the Democrats are doing.
no it's not ... it' is about the OKLAHOMA Republican Party Platform, or have you already forgotten?

I wasn't changing the subject, I was acting like a libtard.... since you're bashing AG, then clearly you hate AG. That's how your type's logic goes, right?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Care to explain this claim? Better yet, don't even bother. :derp:

Ag Sciences and Natural Resources. Self-explanatory... well for me anyways.

Biology, micro, chem can all certainly be Agriculture related and place graduates in Ag related industries every year. So there goes Arts & Sciences.

Education, Health, and Aviation. Ummm duh, I'm pretty sure nutrition is linked to Agriculture somehow. Maybe not for you or AOC, but you don't get nutritional staples without Ag.

Engineering, Architecture and Technology. Care to tell the three Mech E's that I went to college with that their internship with John Deere wasn't Ag related? I could keep going and going on this one. Engineering not Ag related... LOLOOLLLLOLLLLLOLLL.

Human Sciences. You can have this one. Probably not Ag related.

Global Studies. You're right. I doubt that there are any other countries in this entire world that have agrarian based cultures or economies. What was oSu thinking here?!??

School of Business. Yup, plenty of grads out of here end up in Ag related businesses as well.

You're 5 of 6 claim. Complete and udder (see what I did there?) cowsh#t. More like only 1 of the schools has "nothing to do with agriculture". Quite possibly one of your greatest fails ever on here Townie. Congrats! :thumbup:
Human Sciences, maybe culinary arts, etc..

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's not that it's ag related... It's that the majority of the board members have to be active farmers or ranchers. If they were biologists or engineers or even the owner of Ditch Witch tractors thats one thing.

But they're required to be active farmers or ranchers. Not fundraisers. Not Titans of business. Not oilmen.

That is the problem.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
It's not that it's ag related... It's that the majority of the board members have to be active farmers or ranchers. If they were biologists or engineers or even the owner of Ditch Witch tractors thats one thing.

But they're required to be active farmers or ranchers. Not fundraisers. Not Titans of business. Not oilmen.

That is the problem.
Seriously? Did you even bother to go look at the current Board of Regents?!?? :facepalm:

There is a Pharmacist. A Chairman of an investment funds company. A large farm/Ag business manager. A Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. The President of Express Ranches. The CEO of a construction/engineering firm. A retired college PoliSci professor who now runs an Ag business consulting firm. An Attorney. AND... the former Executive Director of the Oklahoma 4-H Foundation who happens to also be the former Deputy Commissioner of the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.

http://regents.okstate.edu/board-members

You and Townie couldnt possibly be any more wrong than you’ve been in this thread. I mean cheese and rice, it’s like you two don’t even try to fact check before you regurgitate your horsesh*t.

At least freaking try.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I wasn't changing the subject, I was acting like a libtard.... since you're bashing AG, then clearly you hate AG. That's how your type's logic goes, right?
No, it's really as clear as a bell you tried to change the subject. Why do you choose to look foolish by denying it? See what you tried to do? Fortunately, I didn't want to throw things off more by answering your question.

"How many clown cars are you Dems going to need for this years democratic primary circus?" California Cowboy

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Seriously? Did you even bother to go look at the current Board of Regents?!?? :facepalm:

There is a Pharmacist. A Chairman of an investment funds company. A large farm/Ag business manager. A Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. The President of Express Ranches. The CEO of a construction/engineering firm. A retired college PoliSci professor who now runs an Ag business consulting firm. An Attorney. AND... the former Executive Director of the Oklahoma 4-H Foundation who happens to also be the former Deputy Commissioner of the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.

http://regents.okstate.edu/board-members

You and Townie couldnt possibly be any more wrong than you’ve been in this thread. I mean cheese and rice, it’s like you two don’t even try to fact check before you regurgitate your horsesh*t.

At least freaking try.
In other words, try not to let Republican platform writers mislead you where they wrote: "We support strict adherence to the law that requires that a majority of the nine member Board of Regents for the Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College ("OSU") be actively engaged in farming and ranching." Or maybe their position is they feel most of those in the ag fields are not really specifically engaged in farming or ranching. In that case, CTeamPoke is far from wrong. Further 4 out of 9 in an ag field certainly isn't the majority in the first place, unless you can make the case that at least 5 do farming or ranching on the side.. So, really, kaboy42, it is really YOU is is wrong. Since it's been determined only a minority of regents are in the ag field, it's now ceases to be much of an issue on here.

Last edited:

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
No, it's really as clear as a bell you tried to change the subject. Why do you choose to look foolish by denying it? See what you tried to do? Fortunately, I didn't want to throw things off more by answering your question.

"How many clown cars are you Dems going to need for this years democratic primary circus?" California Cowboy
Answer to CC's question is at least 3.

If you won't answer his question then answer mine.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Brains of a gnat.
Yes. Saying that I agree with a majority of the platform but disagreeing with four points of the holy scripture of the Republican party of Oklahoma makes me brainless. The GOP does not wrong! All of their policy stances are good and just and rooted in faith of Christ, the one true lord and savior!

Jul 20, 2018
Yes. Saying that I agree with a majority of the platform but disagreeing with four points of the holy scripture of the Republican party of Oklahoma makes me brainless. The GOP does not wrong! All of their policy stances are good and just and rooted in faith of Christ, the one true lord and savior!
No. You're bitching about what happens in Oklahoma and then say you don't care about the state. Make up your mind.

And then to top it off, you say something even more moronic-that Republicans don't believe in vaccines.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
No. You're bitching about what happens in Oklahoma and then say you don't care about the state. Make up your mind.

And then to top it off, you say something even more moronic-that Republicans don't believe in vaccines.
They're putting it in their platform.... Vaccination is only effective if everybody participates. Taking away the mandates to attend public schools is very dangerous, yet Republicans have adopted this as an official policy stance.

So yes. If you're going to support that then you deserve for you children or grandchildren to get one of the diseases that vaccines have helped eradicate.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
The GOP in 18 states has added anti-vaccination language to their official party platforms.
Then they are morons on this point.

BUT, pardon my skepticism, beings that you and your bro Townie have been in this thread continuously spouting non-truths.

If you can't "read between the lines" on what constitutes farm/ranch/ag related qualifications to sit on a board for agriculture and mechanics schools then you probably can't "read between the lines" on proposed vaccination policy and peoples personal liberties. :derp:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Then they are morons on this point.

BUT, pardon my skepticism, beings that you and your bro Townie have been in this thread continuously spouting non-truths.

If you can't "read between the lines" on what constitutes farm/ranch/ag related qualifications to sit on a board for agriculture and mechanics schools then you probably can't "read between the lines" on proposed vaccination policy and peoples personal liberties. :derp:
I have and want nothing to do with Townie.

And I was commenting on the state GOP's stance that a majority of the board be active farmers or ranchers... not that they have "ag related qualifications." You misinterpreted what I wrote.

My stance on the GOP's opposition to the expansion of the Pre-K program, even though it has been incredibly successful in increasing literacy rates in Tulsa and is an exceptionally bright spot not only in Oklahoma education, but nationally, is much more important than my stance on the board at OSU.

My stance on animal waste not being classified as hazardous is also a big one. Why can't we implement a common sense stance on this that eliminates things like cattle waste, but holds large scale poultry and swine farms accountable for polluting Oklahoma's rivers and streams? Because they absolutely are... anybody that goes fishing on a regular basis in rivers in Eastern Oklahoma, as I do very often, will tell you that there has been a notable change in the quality of water and fish since these chicken farms have become so prominent.

Lumping me in with other posters because they agree with my stance is really fucking short sighted... two of my best friends were KAs, and I can assure you my views are much closer to yours than they are to Townies...

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Then I gather you strongly agree with the federal law that land grant colleges must have the majority of the board members involved in agriculture. It is in the best interests of OSU to try to do it that way.
I am simply stating that unless the state wants to violate the land grant agreement they made with the feds at state hood we probably should follow what was agreed to, I know we live in a day where people believe in flouting the law but it means things.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

That is the problem.
the owner of Ditch Witch was involved in farming and ranching, they had a great set of Charolais cattle

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

a tit for tat.... you presented the GOP OK platform as clownish... I simply asked the same question about your clown car ticket.

after all... if both sides are equally clownish, then there's not much point in making your original post, now is there

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
I have and want nothing to do with Townie.
Lumping me in with other posters because they agree with my stance is really fucking short sighted... two of my best friends were KAs, and I can assure you my views are much closer to yours than they are to Townies...
Oh, yeah, go ahead with the Republicans and further gut state government to the ground by abolishing the sales tax on food, along with the state income tax. And as they brought up in the platform, don't even think of replacing lost revenues by taxing services.

Hopefully, parts of the platform more represents the extremists, rather than all the base.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
So what in this platform has you all upset? You are asking everyone to defend it. Why don't you enlighten us as to what you believe is wrong.
-For starters, the complete ban on all abortion. As a matter of fact, no kind of regulation of abortion would be permitted, just a total ban. Would you like Oklahoma to become an exporter state of abortion? If so, then so much for being pro-life.

-Republicans also want supreme court judges to become politicians and be elected rather than appointed as is done now. Who wants judges at the state level to become politicians conning your votes? From past state history we already know how doing it that way goes from the corruption. No proven corruption from how it's done now.

-They support random drug testing recipients of public assistance with sanctions for positive test results. It has been proven repeatedly in other states that doing that is a waste of money. Sanctions are liable to make what very few drug users that were found turn to selling drugs, if they weren't already. That is not how you make government smaller.

-The are opposed to the Federal Real ID Act. So go spend money on a passport to get on a plane.

-They support the Unmanned Surveillance Act which prohibits the use of a drone when no warrant
has been issued. I doubt farmers want that.

-They oppose the expansion of gambling in any form in Oklahoma. There you go how Republicans want the government to block new job creation. If the people want more gambling, let them vote for it.

-They support abolishing the federal minimum wage. Oh, great, let's watch the greatly annoying problems that would bring on for Republicans, such as more people on welfare and more unionizing.

-And the points that CTeamPoke rightfully brought up.

Last edited: