2019 Oklahoma Republican Platform Released!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
on the other hand.... if OSU (and the Regents) are not going to stand up for Agriculture in the State, then who is? It is actually the job and the role of OSU, I think, based on the founding.

I don't really see any problem with requiring many of the board members to have a first hand understanding of Ag.

which is not the same as what you guys seem to suggest, that the other disciplines would be neglected, or be less important.
5 out of the 6 colleges at OSU have nothing to do with agriculture. OSU's 4 branch campuses have little to nothing to do with agriculture. Therefore, only a small minority of board members should have experience in agriculture. I wouldn't be surprised if the law requiring a majority was made like in 1910. The law should be abolished or greatly changed.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Good thing the teachers weren't on strike... ;) At least not in the same terms as what that law prohibits. All of the teachers that participated did so with the support of their district admin (except for Western Heights who basically told their teachers if they participated any longer they'd be fired.)
I am a little surprised that no one's patrons got on the schools for the days they missed and the contracts that weren't totally fulfilled. Your supposition that they weren't on strike would not be correct under the previous democratic administrations. The Dems would not have allowed the schools to use the days to hours policy in this manner, once again the Repubs have had the opposite effect anticipated.. The schools told their teachers to come back when they were in danger of having to go extra days or hours to make up for the issue.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
5 out of the 6 colleges at OSU have nothing to do with agriculture. OSU's 4 branch campuses have little to nothing to do with agriculture. Therefore, only a small minority of board members should have experience in agriculture. I wouldn't be surprised if the law requiring a majority was made like in 1910. The law should be abolished or greatly changed.
Its a federal thing and it was 1907. Did they not teach you anything in grade school?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
But it's not a strike and their contract was still met.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Not if their contract was still the contract that is in use in most schools. Most contracts are days, while the school board can choose to use hours for the school year. If the contracts were never converted, the contracts would not have been completed.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
5 out of the 6 colleges at OSU have nothing to do with agriculture.
Care to explain this claim? Better yet, don't even bother. :derp:

Ag Sciences and Natural Resources. Self-explanatory... well for me anyways.

Biology, micro, chem can all certainly be Agriculture related and place graduates in Ag related industries every year. So there goes Arts & Sciences.

Education, Health, and Aviation. Ummm duh, I'm pretty sure nutrition is linked to Agriculture somehow. Maybe not for you or AOC, but you don't get nutritional staples without Ag.

Engineering, Architecture and Technology. Care to tell the three Mech E's that I went to college with that their internship with John Deere wasn't Ag related? I could keep going and going on this one. Engineering not Ag related... LOLOOLLLLOLLLLLOLLL.

Human Sciences. You can have this one. Probably not Ag related.

Global Studies. You're right. I doubt that there are any other countries in this entire world that have agrarian based cultures or economies. What was oSu thinking here?!??

School of Business. Yup, plenty of grads out of here end up in Ag related businesses as well.

You're 5 of 6 claim. Complete and udder (see what I did there?) cowsh#t. More like only 1 of the schools has "nothing to do with agriculture". Quite possibly one of your greatest fails ever on here Townie. Congrats! :thumbup:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Not if their contract was still the contract that is in use in most schools. Most contracts are days, while the school board can choose to use hours for the school year. If the contracts were never converted, the contracts would not have been completed.
You may have a valid point. My understanding of it was that the teachers were still meeting their contract and any additional time that fell below their contract was made up with paid leave. I haven't seen the verbiage used in my wife's actual contract. Just going off what they were told by admin.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Ag hater.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Then CaliforniaCowboy what does that make you? A hater of OSU Spears School of Business? Maybe another reason you would hate it is because it doesn't complement well to the rest of OSU architectural design, although that could be a matter of opinion or taste.
no... it makes me a mocker of the progressive clowns.

How many clown cars are you Dems going to need for this years democratic primary circus?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

Biology, micro, chem can all certainly be Agriculture related and place graduates in Ag related industries every year. So there goes Arts & Sciences.

Education, Health, and Aviation. Ummm duh, I'm pretty sure nutrition is linked to Agriculture somehow. Maybe not for you or AOC, but you don't get nutritional staples without Ag.

Engineering, Architecture and Technology. Care to tell the three Mech E's that I went to college with that their internship with John Deere wasn't Ag related? I could keep going and going on this one. Engineering not Ag related... LOLOOLLLLOLLLLLOLLL.

Global Studies. You're right. I doubt that there are any other countries in this entire world that have agrarian based cultures or economies. What was oSu thinking here?!??

School of Business. Yup, plenty of grads out of here end up in Ag related businesses as well.

You're 5 of 6 claim. Complete and udder (see what I did there?) cowsh#t. More like only 1 of the schools has "nothing to do with agriculture". Quite possibly one of your greatest fails ever on here Townie. Congrats! :thumbup:
And yet another "Oh, Townie" moment.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

LOL, To listen to your logic OU should also be required to have the majority of its regents involved in the agricultural field.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
LOL, To listen to your logic OU should also be required to have the majority of its regents involved in the agricultural field.
Hmmmm Townie may actually have a point here.... Does making meth require ag?

However, right now the uo Regents are up to their.... uhmm they have their hands full.... uhhmmmm they are getting busy with.... uh. hmmm they are dealing with the Boren situation.