2019 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
He's the main target but there is another they are in contact with. I have not heard any specific names in regards to the grad transfers.
FYI: Saw on jucorecuiting twitter today that we are 1 of 26 schools who have contacted former AZ Western F Andre Allen (6’9”, 220, 13.3 pts, 8.3 rbs in 25 min/gym). He decomitted from Buffalo after coach left.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
He's a Big Body that's for sure. I kinda like his game. Surprised he's unrated by recruiting services. 0 stars. Surprising given his frame and has some skill too.

Perhaps it's low competition level plus he probably didn't play AAU ball. Just guessing.

Sep 23, 2010
I think the UMASS grad transfer fills a need of depth for us with a good skill set. Now we take best available player, regardless of position, whether he has to sit out or not.

Jun 14, 2011
Just perused this transfer list.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

Based solely on the stats posted, the number 1 (Blackshear Jr.) and the number 4 (Juiston) transfers look like they would be excellent pick-ups for what we need (post players). Also, they are both RS Juniors, which I think is a good thing. I'm not opposed to snagging another 2019 high school graduate if they are one of the very top available players. However, I really believe we need to stagger this class a bit if at all possible in order to avoid needing another massive recruiting class down the road.

Sep 23, 2010
I don't think we "need" anything in particular for next year at this moment. If we get another eligible ready player, I would presume he would be a big. But if we are in the true transfer department, we could take anything. We will need to get some forwards in here though to replace McGriff and Laurant. Also, Waters plays a lot of 4 as well.

This year it looks like:
1 -- Ice/Anderson
2 -- Watson/Dizzy/Harris/Jones
3 -- Waters/Watson/Ice
4 -- McGriff/Laurant/Waters
5 -- Anei/Kalib Boone/McGriff

I see Keylan Boone as a great redshirt candidate to get stronger so he can be a 3/4 by next year like Laurant and McGriff.

We still don't have a true PG, although Ice began to evolve well towards the end of the season. I know we have commitment for next year out of Arkansas for PG.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Is the UMass transfer a post or a wing? He was listed at 6-6, 215 but that could've been out of HS....maybe he's grown since then. We have a lot of wings, need depth in the post.

Mar 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJza1iHqf54

I'm not sure who I would rather have between Kevin Cross and Nijel John. Both look like good pick ups and I would be happy with either one. Kevin Cross is listed at 6'8". Nijel John is listed as 6'9" or 6'10" and I read in an interview where he said he has only been playing basketball for around 2 years. I trust the coaches will know more about who would help us more.